Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 08:48 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,243,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Did you not notice that Keith doesnt actually provide anything to prove him wrong either other then saying hes wrong.
Do mean to say that you believe glenn beck? OMG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 08:51 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,869,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
OK....100's of threads in this poltical forum about both Palin and Beck, and neither of these people are elected officials. According to the threads I read, these two are the most stupid, ignorant, backward, moronic, nobodies in the world.

A very simple question here. Why would so much energy be used and so many threads be spent bashing stupid, ignorant, backward, moronic, nobodies?

If Palin and Beck are so stupid, then they really aren't any kind of threat, right?

Why are Obamacrats so threatened by these two?
They are only a threat, more of a concern if you ask me, to their philosophical opposites.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:52 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,350,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Unfortunately, they draw incorrect conclusions from the research and make stunningly paranoid predictions......and, they do just spew absurd BS even when they have someone else doing the "thinking" for them.....so they can appeal to the "militia-minded" old folks out there. Their specialities are fearmongering and raising paranoia levels among those with limited critical thinking skills.
If speaking the truth is fearmongering in your book, then so be it. What about Obama who time and again said "If we don't pass health care legislation we are all going to die in the streets!!" (you catch my drift) or "if we don't pass this stimulus bill RIGHT NOW WITHOUT EVEN READING IT the unemployment level will hit 8%!!!" That kind of fear mongering??

Simply put, Beck and Palin speak the truth and it goes in stark contrast to what the libs have been conditioned to think their entire lives, so they're scared.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:53 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,670,735 times
I don't get the vitriolic hatred of Beck or Rush or Hannity......they are 80% entertainment and 20% news. Kinda like the Lefts political 'commentators' Michael Moore, Al Franken (prior to becoming a congressmen) and Rachel Maddow. To slam one side you have to admit that 'your' side is equally biased. Good luck seeing that admission on these boards, though!

As to Palin - I am a conservative and what I fear about Palin is that she is 'the new face of the GOP'. That this is the direction the reps will be going in --- evangelical, 'purpose driven' politics. And yeah, that scares the hell out of me.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:56 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiVN2msKtzw&feature=fvw

Old 01-06-2010, 08:57 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieuA7nAOBXQ

Old 01-06-2010, 08:58 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,261,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I don't get the vitriolic hatred of Beck or Rush or Hannity......they are 80% entertainment and 20% news. Kinda like the Lefts political 'commentators' Michael Moore, Al Franken (prior to becoming a congressmen) and Rachel Maddow. To slam one side you have to admit that 'your' side is equally biased. Good luck seeing that admission on these boards, though!

As to Palin - I am a conservative and what I fear about Palin is that she is 'the new face of the GOP'. That this is the direction the reps will be going in --- evangelical, 'purpose driven' politics. And yeah, that scares the hell out of me.
Bachmann: GOP should ‘allow themselves to be re-defined by the tea party movement.’

Yeah!

Old 01-06-2010, 09:00 AM

More lies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNE0vHXCIUQ

Old 01-06-2010, 09:00 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,329,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
No, that's fair.... There was a time when those on the left tried to claim that Olberman simply came across as a lefty partisan because he was always attacking Bush and, since there was plenty there to attack, he appeared to be a Democratic Party hack...... Well hey.... Now I think it's fair to say that we aren't going to be seeing Olberman criticizing the left any time soon, so I guess they were wrong.... Keith filled the vacuum in cable media as a foil to Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, etc...

Not hard to see....

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping
Yes, she's all of that with a Dan Quayle "mystique"..... What I mean by that is that she appears woefully ignorant... I don't believe for a moment that either of them (Quayle or Palin) are "dumb" as they are portrayed, but they have/had bad habits of sticking their feet in their mouths and coming off as idiots....

Old 01-06-2010, 09:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9j_S...eature=related
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies