Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:04 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
If speaking the truth is fearmongering in your book, then so be it. What about Obama who time and again said "If we don't pass health care legislation we are all going to die in the streets!!" (you catch my drift) or "if we don't pass this stimulus bill RIGHT NOW WITHOUT EVEN READING IT the unemployment level will hit 8%!!!" That kind of fear mongering??

Simply put, Beck and Palin speak the truth and it goes in stark contrast to what the libs have been conditioned to think their entire lives, so they're scared.
I'm a liberal. I'm not "scared."

I am concerned about the fear-mongering going on out there. I am concerned about the growing militia movement. I am concerned when "ordinary" people shoot and kill three cops because they've listened to the fear-mongering messages being sent out there by Palin, Beck, and others like them, and they are convinced that "Obama is coming to take their guns." I am concerned about some of the extremism out there which seems to be nurtured and supported by people like Palin and Beck.

I'm not sure the word "truth" has any meaning when you use it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 09:09 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,791,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper27 View Post
They are scared to death of failing at their marxist revolution. Everything being done in this administration is right out of Rules for Radicals. Read it, educate yourselves.

Create a crisis even if one doesn't exist
Use fear to drive the points home
Isolate your target, make it personal and attack to discredit
Keep everything a secret and behind closed doors from the public
Rush things through so the people don't have a chance to see what it is
Vote things through even if not complete, work out the horrifying details later AFTER the people have been duped....

CASE CLOSED!!!!!
Hey, Bush/Cheney are no longer in office. Time to move on...

Old 01-06-2010, 09:09 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,293,678 times
Quote:
They are scared to death of failing at their marxist revolution. Everything being done in this administration is right out of Rules for Radicals. Read it, educate yourselves.

Create a crisis even if one doesn't exist - Iraq

Use fear to drive the points home - Terror Alert "CODE RED"

Isolate your target, make it personal and attack to discredit - Politics

Keep everything a secret and behind closed doors from the public - Patriot Act

Rush things through so the people don't have a chance to see what it is - Again Patriot Act

Vote things through even if not complete, work out the horrifying details later AFTER the people have been duped.... Yeah, invade and then we'll figure out why we did it and how we'll get out later.

CASE CLOSED!!!!!
Sure is..... Gosh..... Didn't realize the Bush Administration was so MARXIST!!!!

Old 01-06-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Hey, Bush/Cheney are no longer in office. Time to move on...
Damn.... Beat me to it...

Old 01-06-2010, 09:12 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Idiots with power are always a threat.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:14 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Do mean to say that you believe glenn beck? OMG.
So when Beck plays a video of Obama saying something should I think Beck is lying when he says that Obama said it? When Beck puts up a quote saying someone said something and actually provides the source for me to check. I should think hes lying when he does that?

I dont watch Beck alot but I have also seen him admit to being wrong before. Since we all are from time to time. I admire that he will at least to making a mistake. Kinda makes you trust a person more that they will admit to being wrong. Then those that wont admit to being wrong.

Do you watch Keith? OR do you trust a man that is obviously Bias towards Obama to actually give you the truth in Matthews

How do you trust someone that is so bias to give you the truth?

Old 01-06-2010, 09:15 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
No, that's fair.... There was a time when those on the left tried to claim that Olberman simply came across as a lefty partisan because he was always attacking Bush and, since there was plenty there to attack, he appeared to be a Democratic Party hack...... Well hey.... Now I think it's fair to say that we aren't going to be seeing Olberman criticizing the left any time soon, so I guess they were wrong.... Keith filled the vacuum in cable media as a foil to Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, etc...

Not hard to see....

Yes, she's all of that with a Dan Quayle "mystique"..... What I mean by that is that she appears woefully ignorant... I don't believe for a moment that either of them (Quayle or Palin) are "dumb" as they are portrayed, but they have/had bad habits of sticking their feet in their mouths and coming off as idiots....
Seriously? You don't think Quayle or Palin are as "dumb" as they APPEAR?

Neither of those folks appeared to be able to "think on their feet" and come up with intelligent answers to questions, and neither of them appeared to have much of an accurate factual knowledge base. Palin, especially, has proven that she is just not very well educated in terms of history, how the government works, what the job of the Vice President of the U.S. is, etc., etc., and she just demonstrates a large lack of general factual knowledge that should be expected of people who would be running our government or people whom we choose as leaders.

I don't they they were falsely "portrayed" as dumb. They are simply not very bright. Palin certainly proved that the few times she was interviewed by non-FOX folks.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
All you can do is deflect. How about realizing a little reality. Oh I forgot, a sheeps brain is not big enough to process such truth. All intelligent people know exactly what will unfold when you libs finally have to deal with your mistake. Here is what you people will say.

"How come someone did not do anything to stop this from happening? You Republicans just sat there and let this whole thing happen and did absolutely nothing to stop it! You people are TRAITORS to this country!"
You call it "deflection". I call it, "Pointing out your hypocrisy".

Tomayto - Tomahto I guess....

Old 01-06-2010, 09:20 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
So Beck is a liar for doing what many models do to have tears?

I watched them do the same thing to models on top model does that make all the models and Tyra banks liars in life?

I would actually think less of him if he didnt need that during the photo shoot

Old 01-06-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Seriously? You don't think Quayle or Palin are as "dumb" as they APPEAR?

Neither of those folks appeared to be able to "think on their feet" and come up with intelligent answers to questions, and neither of them appeared to have much of an accurate factual knowledge base. Palin, especially, has proven that she is just not very well educated in terms of history, how the government works, what the job of the Vice President of the U.S. is, etc., etc., and she just demonstrates a large lack of general factual knowledge that should be expected of people who would be running our government or people whom we choose as leaders.

I don't they they were falsely "portrayed" as dumb. They are simply not very bright. Palin certainly proved that the few times she was interviewed by non-FOX folks.
No, I really don't think so.... Lacking the ability to think quickly on your feet doesn't make one "dumb" IMO....

The problem with these two (Palin especially) is that they try/tried to answer questions on the fly that they clearly did not know the answer to...

For instance, the Katie Couric interview: I don't/didn't expect Palin to be an expert on legal case histories in the U.S.. She couldn't cite a case for Couric and came across as a stammering idiot...

In over her head? Most definately. "Dumb"? I honestly don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies