Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 05:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,933,857 times

Advertisements

I say monitor away ;its a free country.Seems the administration is going nuts but like everything else they will botch the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 05:18 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,352,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Thanks for the chump 'Change', Obama.

'In the 2005 movie V For Vendetta, a film about a totalitarian society ruled by a fascist government with an iron surveillance fist, there’s a scene where state spooks drive down a residential street with a gadget that records the conversations people are having inside their homes and gives them a rating on how antagonistic towards the authorities they are.

A frighteningly similar scenario is now on the horizon with the news that the CIA’s investment arm In-Q-Tel is putting cash into Visible Technologies, a company that monitors the output of social media, in order to “Read your blog posts, keep track of your Twitter updates — even check out your book reviews on Amazon,” reports Wired News.

Of course, the fact that the U.S. government and the military have been overloading the Internet with pro-war propaganda and trolls who are paid to cheerlead for the war on terror and attack critics is an admitted part of their cyberwarfare agenda, and Israel has done the same.

However, the prospect of the CIA closely monitoring social networking websites, whose content largely comprises of inane gossip and sophomoric blabber, shows just how afraid the establishment is of rising popular opposition to their agenda'.

Alex Jones’ Prison Planet.com » CIA To Monitor Internet Chatter For Anti-Government Sentiment
Alex Jones is a nutcase.

I don't agree with this crap (like the USA PATRIOT Act), but having Jones as your source eliminates all credibility from the post.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:35 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,336,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
I hate the Federal Occupying Force. Add that to my file evil overlords
This administration is nothing but evil.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:45 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,817,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Alex Jones is a nutcase.

I don't agree with this crap (like the USA PATRIOT Act), but having Jones as your source eliminates all credibility from the post.
Jones is a little off the edge sometimes, but he has the guts to stand up for the truth and fight for what he believes in - which puts him in front of 90% of the Rush Limbaugh-Glen Beck-Michael Savage clones out there.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:58 PM

88,661 posts, read 84,959,578 times
Alex Jones's first concern is promoting Alex Jones. And he's got the right to do so.

So...does anyone have a link to those sites? Let's test this sucker out!

Old 10-20-2009, 07:04 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,337,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Alex Jones is a nutcase.

Why? Does Jones resemble Glenn Beck?

I don't think so.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Alex Jones's first concern is promoting Alex Jones. And he's got the right to do so.

So...does anyone have a link to those sites? Let's test this sucker out!
Unlike the Fox types, Alex Jones does not seem very partisan to me.

Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Old 10-21-2009, 10:09 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,352,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Why? Does Jones resemble Glenn Beck?

I don't think so.
No, he's a paranoid delusional psychotic.

He is a 9/11 conspiracy nut.
He thinks that Wall Street and Barack Obama were in cahoots to create the 2008 recession to take over the country.
He believes that the bombings in 2005 in London were also caused by the Government.

Sorry, while he's not the same kind of nut that Glenn Beck is, he's still a nut. Ed Begley Jr. is also a nut...people can be nuts on all ends of the political spectrum.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:35 AM

Basic difference is: Jones can think - Beck can't.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:59 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,600,343 times
what, you dont think this has been happening for the past 10 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies