Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 11:29 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,364,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Ive seen your link to this frequently and I just went over and looked, but it doesnt offer solutions. It seems particularly to "oppose Obama's health care plan", which is not exactly nonpartisan, and sprays some general statements like "stop the atrocities committed in Washington." And anyplace that launches out with "take back our country" is muy suspect to me. And why replace all 535 members... and with what? Seems irresponsible...

IOW looks like more "same as the old boss".
I can see that you don't read RedState at all. The other day an article there intimated that it is the younger members of the House that seems to be opposing Pelosi on many things. The older members of Congress, and these two examples, Graham and McCain, aren't Dems, seem to be cutting deals with the other side all over the place. I see so much of that crap from the longtime beltway members that it makes me think that if the Congress critter has been in more than 5 or 6 years we need to get rid of him since he is likely to be siding with the other older people. I don't think many of them care about us a bit, only want to keep getting elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 12:04 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,254,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I can see that you don't read RedState at all. The other day an article there intimated that it is the younger members of the House that seems to be opposing Pelosi on many things. The older members of Congress, and these two examples, Graham and McCain, aren't Dems, seem to be cutting deals with the other side all over the place. I see so much of that crap from the longtime beltway members that it makes me think that if the Congress critter has been in more than 5 or 6 years we need to get rid of him since he is likely to be siding with the other older people. I don't think many of them care about us a bit, only want to keep getting elected.
Your first and last sentences are true. But what does blowoutcongress propose? Replacing all 535, with what? I didnt see their list of 535 new people.

I do like that they want to remind Congress we're watching, but they dont read emails or faxes. Letters, they're more likely to read.

Maybe it'd be good for districts and states (not sure about how to do the state version) to locally host periodic nonpartisan public-access-televised town halls throughout the congressperson's term, in which the incumbent lays out for us what s/he's done and intends to do and why things are working out the way they did -- and we ask them INTELLIGENT questions and make INTELLIGENT suggestions about their service.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:29 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,825,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
It is just another example of Hope and Change. You all have been duped!
As a Bush supporter, you were 'duped' long before I was, and to a much greater degree.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,717,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
As a Bush supporter, you were 'duped' long before I was, and to a much greater degree.
If you are either Dem or Repub then you have all been duped !

Old 10-24-2009, 06:21 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,947,077 times
Quote:
Ive seen your link to this frequently and I just went over and looked, but it doesnt offer solutions. It seems particularly to "oppose Obama's health care plan", which is not exactly nonpartisan, and sprays some general statements like "stop the atrocities committed in Washington." And anyplace that launches out with "take back our country" is muy suspect to me. And why replace all 535 members... and with what? Seems irresponsible...

IOW looks like more "same as the old boss", but with no
Keith.
You need to look a little deeper. The founder of the site is a right leaning radio host on am570 named Jeff Bolton. The purpose of the campaign is to vote out every incumbent from every party until the politicians begin to listen to the voters. That goes for even those that he agrees with both Democrats and Republicans, a first termer of a lifer. His belief is that the good ones from both parties will as he says re-apply for their job if they get the message and then do the right thing. I wish that a left leaning counter part of Jeff Bolton would propose the same thing but I doubt you will every see it happen. If we all unite we could reform the current corrupt system. I would work side by side with any serious left of center person that shared the same vision. Let's kick them all out until they get the message. This is the only way but alas the media and the 2 parties have the majority exactly where they want them, at each others throats. I know that my left leaning friends and I could easily come up with a compromise for Health Insurance reform but our politicians can't.

I guess for some people and maybe yourself included, the status quo is acceptable. For some of us that are free thinkers and know the truth about the 2 party system it is not. I guess it still remains true that you get what you vote for.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Your first and last sentences are true. But what does blowoutcongress propose? Replacing all 535, with what? I didnt see their list of 535 new people.

I do like that they want to remind Congress we're watching, but they dont read emails or faxes. Letters, they're more likely to read.

Maybe it'd be good for districts and states (not sure about how to do the state version) to locally host periodic nonpartisan public-access-televised town halls throughout the congressperson's term, in which the incumbent lays out for us what s/he's done and intends to do and why things are working out the way they did -- and we ask them INTELLIGENT questions and make INTELLIGENT suggestions about their service.
It is to send a message that we have had enough already. The good ones will run again and if they can prove they deserve to be there and actually represent their people they can keep their job. If not they will continue to get the boot. I know it is a hard concept to understand but it is what our founding fathers envisioned.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Since I was not a Bush supporter I guess it is you that was duped. It always amazes me when people assume that you are against one corrupt party that you have to be for the other corrupt party. Such a simplistic, ignorant mindset. Where does that come from?

Old 10-24-2009, 09:10 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,364,091 times
Quote:

I see you are whacking the Tea Party people. True or false? Can you provide a list of places where they bused in loads of people to screw up town-halls, like ACORN and SEIU did?

Old 10-24-2009, 09:11 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,825,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Since I was not a Bush supporter I guess it is you that was duped. It always amazes me when people assume that you are against one corrupt party that you have to be for the other corrupt party. Such a simplistic, ignorant mindset. Where does that come from?
Maybe based on your ignorant, simplistic posts.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:14 PM

17,523 posts, read 24,765,579 times
Point is, since the """Patriot Act""" everything has been monitored by the NSA, even this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies