Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 02:59 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,986,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Most liberals even go to church
If that were truely the case than why is church attendence alot higher in red states than it is in blue states ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 07:07 PM

645 posts, read 915,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Wow, hit a nerve did I?
You didn't hit a nerve. Roe v. Wade is LEGAL, always will be. PERIOD. You are the one agonizing over a woman's reproductive choice, not me.

Last edited by Barbie1964; 10-28-2008 at 07:16 PM..

Old 10-28-2008, 07:10 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,076,510 times
9 pages into the thread, have we determined Jesus's party affiliation yet, we're getting down to the wire.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:16 PM

Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
This thread clearly is so disrespectful to Christians and only serves to vomit hate and ill will. I hope a moderator will shut it down!
What? Oh I see, people on this forum can say disparaging comments about Obama, and be disrespectful to him, but you can't make a VALID point, and comment that JESUS WAS A LIBERAL... Face it.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
If that were truely the case than why is church attendence alot higher in red states than it is in blue states ?
Stats please...
My 84-year-old mother attends church via TV every Sunday morning. She is now unable to make it to church, would she be part of those stats?

Old 10-28-2008, 07:46 PM

355 posts, read 558,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
Liberals live in red states too. A state only has to have 51% of either party to be considered red or blue.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:53 PM

519 posts, read 1,704,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Bahh you got to it before me!

This was actually his most important teaching. Since liberals know nothing of personal responsibility it is impossible to call Jesus one. He never forced his teachings and philosophies on anyone, he made people understand what free will and true charity really were. Jesus expected people to carry their own weight just as he did himself.

Even alot of Christians don't understand that themselves, they simply think they can sit back and pray about everything and it will just pop into existence. As a Christian you are expected to do your part, praying will only encourage a good outcome, don't look to God for all your handouts.
I was hoping I got to it before someone else! But a rep point for you!

This is also an interesting website: http://www.gotquestions.org/Republican-Democrat.html

Also, I might add, a respected Evangelical, Tony Campolo is a Democrat:http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionande...interview.html

Old 10-28-2008, 09:00 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,938,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Jesus was a man. Filled with anger, love, sadness and all the human traits of mankind.
In the end the message is simple jesus being the son of god followed the 10 commandments from the jewish religion.
I pay extra interest to commandment 5. thou shall not steal.
The federal government steals from your wallet everyday in taxes.
The federal government is not god nor a person.
Love one another, good will via charity and to be a good person to yourselves and your neighbor.
No religion beliefs or church is required to do that.
No government should need to force it, but it should protect those and give those the freedom to spend their time and money as they see fit. Even world of jesus money and trade and hard work were understood topics and ideas of freedom and a way of life.
nothing in the teachings to indicate he was a man filled with rage. that is what everybody else was doing. that is why they killed him. people filled with rage do that.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:24 PM

214 posts, read 1,064,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
What? Oh I see, people on this forum can say disparaging comments about Obama, and be disrespectful to him, but you can't make a VALID point, and comment that JESUS WAS A LIBERAL... Face it.

So if people say things about obama that means you should bring jesus into it?

I feel you have no valid point and are justing trying to anger religious conservatives with this thread.

Also I agree with Cometvoyager that this is a disrespectful thread to christians

Besides obama and his supporters aren`t the nicest people around either, with threats of RACE WARS/RIOTS, Whites shouldn`t vote, Sarah Palin hung with a noose for halloween, Violent protests, hoping for cheney to die from cancer, Jeremiah "G-D america" wright, Louis Farrakan, Bill ayers, rashed khalidi, and so much more.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:50 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,844,108 times
How about we simply start another topic called Religion and Other Controversies....religion is separate from politics and its controversies....maybe the Religion and other controversies can include an informational spot as well, i.e., defining and describing components of religion(s)....I think it is awful that there is so much rhetoric about God's love, humanity, etc. when those espousing so much of it do it so viciously and with such venom.

Being pro-choice does not make me non-Christian or for that matter non Judeo-Christian;
Being candid about politicians does not make me a non-pride filled American;
Being adamament that we need better and more education for our children and many people does not make me a "non-blue collar worker";
Being outspoken about victims' rights does mean minimizing offenders' rights;

etc.

Everyone may have their rights to their opinions, however no one has the right to attack someone else for their opinions...I wonder more and more if people who viciously attack do so because they really can't accept that they may be wrong, or they are afraid to learn that they may be wrong, or even worse, won't even open their minds to the possibility that some of their 'truths' as they know them, are simply myths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies