Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 09:30 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Jesus was liberal with a bit of Communism thrown in. One should also note that being born a Hebrew in the Middle East, he very likely looked like an Arab, not the blue eyed, light haired person that is depicted in paintings. I was also surprised to find out that not everyone realizes that The Last Supper was in fact a Passover Seder.
Very true - I suspect he looked more like Woody Allen than a 20 year-old James Taylor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 09:38 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Very true - I suspect he looked more like Woody Allen than a 20 year-old James Taylor!
Funny...or Mel Brooks.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Funny...or Mel Brooks.
The Original 2000 Year Old Man!

Old 10-27-2008, 09:47 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,973 times
Default This is such a disrespectful thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post

Many on this forum claim to be Christians, yet they speak so disparagingly of "LIBERALS". Wasn't Jesus the original Bleeding Heart Liberal?
If you walk in his path, then why the anger? If you walk in his path, then why spew untruths? If you walk in his path, then why not embrace the Liberal philosophy?
This thread clearly is so disrespectful to Christians and only serves to vomit hate and ill will. I hope a moderator will shut it down!

Old 10-27-2008, 09:52 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,466,444 times
The post you quoted doesn't seem disrespectful. I've often heard Christians talk about people who "Claim to be Christians" or who are "True Christians."

Just because you wear a cross doesn't mean you're following Jesus's teachings. I agree people should be respectful of others' religions, but discussing them and whether or not there appear to be vocal hypocrites in a group is not disrespectful.

I think the moderator should edit or warn those being disrespectful, but I think this is a valid discussion.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:52 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
This thread clearly is so disrespectful to Christians and only serves to vomit hate and ill will. I hope a moderator will shut it down!
Do you find this thread distasteful because you are not in agreement with it?

I have not read anything disrespectful to Jesus here..please point it out.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:30 PM

432 posts, read 1,665,039 times
I am a Christian, I do not find this disturbing.

One of the things I hate about My fellow Christians is that They tend to Judge People more than anything else.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:44 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
He was a Bleeding-Heart Moderate.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:50 PM

532 posts, read 859,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
People on the right say the liberal things Jesus talked about was doing them on a voluntary basis. But then Jesus said, "Render unto Casaer what is his."
Jesus obeyed the civil law, and paid taxes. It had nothing to do with "charity" for the needy. Jesus had no interest in politics. It was a necessary evil. He was not disobedient to the law. He didn't depend on the law to despense "charity" to the needy, but rather the hearts of the "good samaritans", who felt for the downtrodden. He had personal compassion for those in need, and urged his disciples to do so. He was teaching the principles of Christianity, before he died. After his death, his Apostles, mainly Paul, taught the communal way of Christian living, and the groups of christians shared all of their belongings, and income with eachother, so no one went without the necessities of life. This had nothing to do with government, but rather, with a group of followers, which would equate to a present day church group, who care about helping others. Most of the modern day TV evangelists, and so called "reverential" holier than thou, money making fakes, these days, give a bad name to real Christian believers. The "real ones", you never hear about ,because they are not interested in being political. They are sad that they are so misrepresentated by materialistic fakes.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:51 PM

532 posts, read 859,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
LOL. Probably very true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies