Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 05:12 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,437,787 times

Advertisements

Its very telling that nobody could stop the guy. All those adults & nobody could help?
The cops used a gun, perhaps if the state had a different attitude about guns one of the bystanders coiuld have saved the kid. As usual the police simply cannot stop a crime, just catch or kill the bad guy. Very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 01:08 PM

20,383 posts, read 20,007,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How about fear, anger and desperation in the US society.
Quite a contributing factor, I would believe.
Fear, anger and deparation over what could possibly be someone's excuse for beating a baby to death?

Old 06-16-2008, 01:11 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,454,397 times
Jesus, please come back soon.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:25 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,535,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
It's CA, what do you expect?

They tried to stop him? What in God's name does it take to stop someone? And what do they do? Justify the idiocy of bystanders that allowed it to happen.

I guarantee they're all at home tonight talking about how "powerless" they were. Cowards.

That state is a national embarrassment. What a culture.
A baby got killed and you use it to bash Californians? A pathetic soul you are.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:33 PM

13,621 posts, read 21,437,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Jesus, please come back soon.
He is with the baby right now I guarentee.We know who is with the killer.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:37 PM

20,383 posts, read 20,007,726 times
I just now read of another case of a brutally murdered child in NY. The usual cast of characters.

Child born out of wedlock. New "boyfriend".

Oh, and what is now becoming the typical excuse - "The system failed the child".

Ughhhhhh.

Last edited by doc1; 06-16-2008 at 03:01 PM..

Old 06-16-2008, 01:45 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,350,403 times
I wish the police had shot the guy in the leg, or slightly higher and closer to the middle, right under his belt buckle... It's a shame they killed him, it would have been more fair to let the prison population take care of him. Had I been there, I would have hit him with my car. B@#stard.

Last edited by mimimomx3; 06-16-2008 at 02:08 PM..

Old 06-16-2008, 01:50 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,655,650 times
Default Fear, desperation, and drugs oh my!

There is absolutely no excuse in our twisted little world for what that man did. That is kind of the vibe I am catching from a few posts on this thread. Not saying that the posters are OK with what happened. It just seems like we want to find some contributing factor for everything people do instead of simply letting the blame fall squarely on the perpetrator. Yes, in our society there are times when crimes committed are the result of some bigger picture. The man who robbed the liquor store did it because he needed some drugs. The bank robber was being chased by the mob. But I can think of no extenuating circumstance that would require the beating to death of a child. Now had this man lived we would have seen a sensational trial and heard all about this man's hardships and trials through life and what led up to this horrible crime. My problem with that is everyone goes through trials in life. Some have it harder than others but a lot of the time they brought the hardships on themselves. I for one have definitely not had an easy life. And I have 2 kids at home that have not always been so easy to take care of. But I have never and will never think of hurting them for any reason what so ever. And if I did I would accept no mercy for my crimes. And at least we don't have to endure some drawn out bleeding heart trial. This guy got what he deserved and for once in my life I agree with the police's decision to use lethal force. And as far as the cowards who did nothing to stop this man, you are all pathetic. At the least you could have put yourself between him and that child and let him beat on you. There is no excuse for those people's cowardice and if there was a way I would charge them with a crime.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:55 PM

602 posts, read 1,966,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
He is with the baby right now I guarentee.We know who is with the killer.
Word on that. Reading this story made me cry out loud; stories like this in general make my heart ache. I don't buy for one split second the idea that a general sense of sadness, desperation and fear or any other copout caused this. If that were behind it, the roads would be littered with corpses. This pathetic walking afterbirth just chose to take out his own personal problems on an innocent and defenseless victim. Nobody can help that guy now.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:01 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,662,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
There is absolutely no excuse in our twisted little world for what that man did. That is kind of the vibe I am catching from a few posts on this thread. Not saying that the posters are OK with what happened. It just seems like we want to find some contributing factor for everything people do instead of simply letting the blame fall squarely on the perpetrator. Yes, in our society there are times when crimes committed are the result of some bigger picture. The man who robbed the liquor store did it because he needed some drugs. The bank robber was being chased by the mob. But I can think of no extenuating circumstance that would require the beating to death of a child. Now had this man lived we would have seen a sensational trial and heard all about this man's hardships and trials through life and what led up to this horrible crime. My problem with that is everyone goes through trials in life. Some have it harder than others but a lot of the time they brought the hardships on themselves. I for one have definitely not had an easy life. And I have 2 kids at home that have not always been so easy to take care of. But I have never and will never think of hurting them for any reason what so ever. And if I did I would accept no mercy for my crimes. And at least we don't have to endure some drawn out bleeding heart trial. This guy got what he deserved and for once in my life I agree with the police's decision to use lethal force. And as far as the cowards who did nothing to stop this man, you are all pathetic. At the least you could have put yourself between him and that child and let him beat on you. There is no excuse for those people's cowardice and if there was a way I would charge them with a crime.

Just so! The people who watched and apparently 'tried' to stop him ---- what absolute cowards and I hope the memory of that childs death weighs on each and everyone of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies