Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2023, 04:38 PM

79,018 posts, read 61,161,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That they’re justified in invading Ukraine?

Breaking news, you don’t attack the country with the most nukes in the world. Ever.
Step 1: Invade country
Step 2: Missile strikes all over country
Step 3: Get bogged down and then start to lose ground
Step 4: Get struck back at by missiles or drones
Step 5: Cry like a little baby.

Never in my life did I ever expect to see a Russian or Russian supporter reach step 5.

I have a lot of respect for what the Russians have gone through over the years, I may not support their current efforts but wow....your whining about getting slapped back and referencing that Russia may not really be able to fight but have to rely on nukes is probably the worst\most insulting thing I've read on this forum about Russians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2023, 04:39 PM

19,210 posts, read 27,844,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
UAVs of that size can be shot down with 1970s-era AA guns. Ukraine has been using Gepard self-propelled AA to do just that.

A ZSU-23/4 would have no issue taking down a UAV.
It's not the issue to take it down. A shotgun does the job. It's the issue of the early warning. Current air defense systems are set to operate against planes and missilaes. Not low slow flying low profile targets, that are being caught on the screen, when they are about a kilometer away, if even that. When it's too late. Also, they are very easy to miss with existing defense means.
I have little doubt, that there's race, as I type, to come up with valid defense solution.

Old 05-30-2023, 04:40 PM

47,070 posts, read 26,188,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
P.S. those who filmed the work of air defense would be nice to check for sabotage.
Threaten us with a good time, will you? Please, please start some good-old-days NKVD-style purges of suspected saboteurs and disloyal elements in the Russian military.

Old 05-30-2023, 05:11 PM

3,268 posts, read 1,637,677 times
Quote:
Threaten us with a good time, will you? Please, please start some good-old-days NKVD-style purges of suspected saboteurs and disloyal elements in the Russian military.
Well Grandpa Putin did say there would be a “cleansing of the nation” to “spit out like flies” all representatives of a fifth column and “traitors” who do not back the Kremlin line.

https://twitter.com/mjluxmoore/statu...34285401415681

‘…The collective West is attempting to shatter our society by speculating over combat losses, socio-economic consequences of sanctions, provoking civil mutiny in Russia. And using its '5th column' it's striving to complete its objective. And there is one objective, I've already spoken about it, it's a destruction of Russia. However, any nation, especially the Russian nation, can always distinguish true patriots from bastards and traitors, and spit them out like a fly that accidentally got into mouth. Spit it out on the floor. I am convinced that such natural and essential self-cleansing of the society will only strengthen our country, our solidarity, our unity and readiness to answer any challenges…”

Old 05-30-2023, 05:16 PM

21,427 posts, read 7,509,518 times
Anyone who loves Russia would want Putin and his ilk gone.

The man is a disaster for his country and the people are suffering needlessly.

Old 05-30-2023, 05:33 PM

1,387 posts, read 491,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Anyone who loves Russia would want Putin and his ilk gone.

The man is a disaster for his country and the people are suffering needlessly.

And put in his place another kowtowing sycophant like Yelstin while Russia is prostrated to foreign interests? I doubt you're going to find very many Russians who would prefer living in the 1990s absent the corrupt Western backed oligarchs from that era. The GDP, sans 1997, was consistently retracting in that country by 3-14% per year. The West doesn't want a prosperous or united Russia regardless of how meek or deferential their government is.

Old 05-30-2023, 05:36 PM

8,198 posts, read 3,749,829 times
Quote:
Well, I don't know about that but I do remember the filming of the Patriot defenses was kind of frowned upon, wouldn't you say? As in criminal charges threats followed immediately.

Old 05-30-2023, 05:37 PM

102,368 posts, read 108,650,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
True....but if the Kremlin does anything really horrific ...ie. nuclear....
then the gloves are off for the West....put the hammer down....no f'ing around.
Definitely. The White House made that clear in the first month or so of the war via direct phone call to the man making the threats.

Old 05-30-2023, 06:21 PM

4,970 posts, read 2,747,822 times
Denys update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSsjIi05Uhw

Old 05-30-2023, 06:55 PM

8,974 posts, read 11,856,074 times
Preston Stewart mentioned that Zelensky might not have complete control of his military. If, and this is a big if, the attack was done by Ukrainians, might not have been approved by Kiev. It could have been done by individuals who disagree with how Kiev is fighting this war and want to do it their own way.

Having said that, I am still going with Russian false flag operation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies