Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.72%
No 256 50.59%
Unsure 49 9.68%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2023, 12:52 PM

5,206 posts, read 4,703,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Oh, ok.

So why don’t we pump money into our military all 100% (instead of 3.3% ) of our GDP?

I mean, the money is going back to our economy, right?

I notice that you are Canadian. When is Canada is going to pump all 100% of their GDP into Canadian military? It’s going back to Canada economy, right?
Those are certainly words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2023, 01:08 PM

7,706 posts, read 5,596,941 times
Quote:
Oh, ok.

So why don’t we pump money into our military all 100% (instead of 3.3% ) of our GDP?

I mean, the money is going back to our economy, right?

I notice that you are Canadian. When is Canada is going to pump all 100% of their GDP into Canadian military? It’s going back to Canada economy, right?
Well, certainly not when we are sending money to the U.S. which will help the American economy.
Canada to purchase U.S. missile defence system for Ukraine

You appear to have missed my point anyway… which is that cash is not being pumped into Ukraine as you claimed but remains in the U.S. where Americans as least see some benefit. If any graft is taking place, it’s amongst American politicians.

Old 01-29-2023, 01:20 PM

51,741 posts, read 26,059,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
IIRC, Papa John’s is still there.
That figures.

Old 01-29-2023, 01:23 PM

9,241 posts, read 13,361,884 times
Quote:
That’s good.

I guess that means Biden should stop laundering, I mean pumping, money into Ukraine. Euro can take care of their own problem, right?
I was under the assumption that most money laundering and fraud these days originates from rogue countries like Iran, North Korea and Russia.

As for Europe, until Russia finally joins the modern civilized world, some sort of NATO Alliance remains necessary.

Old 01-29-2023, 01:55 PM

5,125 posts, read 2,801,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I was under the assumption that most money laundering and fraud these days originates from rogue countries like Iran, North Korea and Russia.

As for Europe, until Russia finally joins the modern civilized world, some sort of NATO Alliance remains necessary.
You're definitely right about money laundering and fraud being done by Iran, North Korea, and Russia. The USA and the Western world are innocent of any of those wrongdoings and are lily white with the highest moral standing, supervised by Joe Biden, our young, smart, and energetic president. Yes, the West is completely blameless in that regard.

Well, as for that pesky Hunter Biden laptop which shows his immoral depredations and ... well, that's RUSSIAN DISINFORMATION! Yes, that's right, that's what it is. See how dishonest and tricky those Russians are? Always have to watch out for them. Any evidence of ethical misdeeds, money laundering and fraud in the good 'ol USA are ... You guessed it - Russian disinformation!

Old 01-29-2023, 01:56 PM

14,342 posts, read 4,689,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Well, certainly not when we are sending money to the U.S. which will help the American economy.
Canada to purchase U.S. missile defence system for Ukraine

You appear to have missed my point anyway… which is that cash is not being pumped into Ukraine as you claimed but remains in the U.S. where Americans as least see some benefit. If any graft is taking place, it’s amongst American politicians.
So your point is…

US writing free checks to Ukraine = beneficial to US economy

Canadian buying weapon from American = beneficial to US economy

Am I close?

Old 01-29-2023, 01:59 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,761,018 times
ISW Update 1/28/23

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...anuary-28-2023

Quote:
Jan 28, 2023 - Press ISW

Conventional Russian forces are likely replacing exhausted Wagner Group forces to maintain the offensive in Bakhmut after the Wagner Group’s offensive in Bakhmut culminated with the capture of Soledar around January 12. The Wagner Group’s assault on Bakhmut has likely culminated with its surge on Soledar. Wagner Group forces in Bakhmut have not made significant gains since capturing Soledar around January 12. Conventional Russian units are now participating in fighting in Bakhmut to reinvigorate the Russian offensive there. Combat footage posted on January 20 indicates Russian Airborne Forces (VDV) are operating around Bakhmut as the footage shows a Russian BMD-4M – niche mechanized equipment exclusively used by the VDV. A Russian source reported that Wagner and VDV elements conducted joint operations in Bakhmut on December 27. The Russian Ministry of Defense has been increasingly reporting that Russian VDV are operating in the Bakhmut area since early January 2023, indicating conventional Russian forces are augmenting if not replacing likely culminated Wagner forces in the area.[3] Wagner Group forces - particularly convicts - have taken heavy causalities in Bakhmut since the fall of 2022. One anonymous US official reportedly stated on January 5 that the Wagner Group’s forces have sustained more than 4,100 deaths and 10,000 wounded, including over 1,000 killed between late November and early December near Bakhmut. Ukrainian officials have maintained that the Russian offensive on Bakhmut has not culminated. ISW has previously assessed that the Russian offensive on Bakhmut was culminating. We continue to assess that the Wagner offensive has culminated, but now assess that the Russians are committing conventional units to continue the fight. The larger Russian effort against Bakhmut has likely thus not culminated.

Old 01-29-2023, 02:05 PM

7,706 posts, read 5,596,941 times
Quote:
So your point is…

US writing free checks to Ukraine = beneficial to US economy

Canadian buying weapon from American = beneficial to US economy

Am I close?
What free cheques is the U.S. writing to Ukraine? They are writing them to American companies.

Old 01-29-2023, 02:06 PM

8,992 posts, read 11,880,169 times
Here is Perun with his latest take on the war. This guy does thorough research on the subject. He brings a neutral voice to the table. Most interesting to me is Russian propaganda tactics. They appear to be winning the information war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9xQf8LQgCU

Last edited by davidt1; 01-29-2023 at 02:26 PM..

Old 01-29-2023, 02:08 PM

8,992 posts, read 11,880,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
What free cheques is the U.S. writing to Ukraine? They are writing them to American companies.
I don't think that poster wants to engage in intelligent conversations. I put him on my ignore list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies