Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2022, 12:03 AM

459 posts, read 986,202 times

Advertisements

Neville Kissinger needs to quietly fade away. Russia started the war, it is the aggressor nation. Why should Ukraine give up land?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2022, 12:38 AM

26,877 posts, read 22,743,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Todays Update

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...essment-may-28

Ukrainian partisan activity continues to impose costs on Russian occupation forces in Kherson and Zaporizhia oblasts.

This is one of the many areas to pay close attention to. Partisans can wreak alot of havoc on Russian forces in occupied territories.

More on the "partisans wreaking a lot of havok on Russian forces."

Today at 7:50 AM there was an explosion in the 9 story building in Melitopol, in the center of the city.

Judging by the news in Ukrainian media, the "partisans" were targeting the new head of the Zaporojhie region. His family obviously too, and it was not a big deal if few more neighbors would have been killed in a process, just for being neighbors of the "Russian collaborator."

That's the mentality of the nationalists, that's the very essence of their terrorist state.

And it didn't happen on February 24th, that's not the time when this terrorist state was born.

Old 05-30-2022, 01:47 AM

15,618 posts, read 9,279,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Those were not real "battles" - that's what Ukrainian propaganda would want you to believe.

May be there were couple of exceptions, but in 99% of cases - Russians just withdrew their troops from these locations in order to move them to Donbass.

After all they didn't announce any additional mobilization so far, remember?
Oh give me a break. The Ukrainians totally defeated the Russians in the Northern Ukraine. Remember that 40 mile long convoy of Russian vehicles that made it all the way to the outskirts of Kyiv, where it stalled and then was totally annihilated by Ukrainian attacks? No way can that logically be interpreted as anything other than a massive defeat for the Russians.

Yes, those troops were deployed to the Eastern Front, because they had totally failed to achieve any of their military objectives in the Northern Ukraine. They lost that battle big time, and even the Russians themselves know that.

That said, these are battles and who wins the battles has nothing to do with who wins the war.

Old 05-30-2022, 02:06 AM

15,618 posts, read 9,279,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I am a fan of Lithuania. They stand up to the CCP in support of Taiwan. Now they stand up to Russia in support of Ukraine. I love how patriotic their people are.
The Lithuanians have recognized the great threat that Russia is for a long time. My Lithuanian relatives suffered greatly under the Nazi German occupation. But when they finally got released from German labor camps, they left everything behind and followed the Germans back to Germany, eventually Western Germany. Because they wanted nothing to do with Russia. Which I guess worked out best for them. It got them all US and Canadian passports for being anti-communist.

Old 05-30-2022, 05:08 AM

3,268 posts, read 1,638,545 times
Another example of Russian forces refusing orders, threatening their commander…

(This may be the general mentioned - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valery_Solodchuk)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irHbRdvsdto

man: last night the commander was here

woman: The company commander?

man: what company? the Regional Commander... so they started asking questions, those whose contracts are coming to an end.. he asks me 'how much time you've got till your contract is ended?'. I say '20 days'. He says 'well then you've got 20 days to die here'

woman: is he ****ing kidding?

man: well, just like that... and then everybody refused to go on an offensive, to the ****ing forefront...
It's total nonsense. In our BTG out of 600 people 215 left. The others are 200s (dead) and 300s (wounded)

woman: he's a ****ing moron. Is he completely ****ed in his brain?

man: our battery refused to go. He started waving his gun saying I'm gonna ****ing kill you if you don't go there. And there's this kid - he pulled the pin on a grenade and says c'mon kill me, we'll blow up here together... The special ops also started waving their guns at us. And we at them. We were close to a ****ing shoot-out.. The commander got into his car and left..

woman: **** that. Come back home.

man: yeah thats what I think.. After his words I don't want to stay here. Says 'you've got 20 days...'

woman: what's his surname?

man: Solodchuk. Colonel General.

woman: Svolochuk? (funny word play - svoloch means bastard)

man: Solodchuk. Colonel General

woman: ****ing *******.. is he completely ****ed up, this Solodchuk-Volochuk...

man: Our brigade can't do ****. There's nothing left here. No manpower. ****ing nothing. We've got one gun commander left. Two guns out of twelve left. The rest is ****ing smashed. Out of twelve vehicles only three can move.

Old 05-30-2022, 05:49 AM

4,975 posts, read 2,749,024 times
Russia will loose..Ukraine will win..

Russian troops don't want to even go into war..

Ukrainian troops don't want to quit..

Quote:
"You know now what I'm most afraid of, now that the fighting is so intense, so tough?" Dmytro, a former English language teacher, told Reuters television. "That we would be told: That's it, stop it, we have a ceasefire."

"A negotiated settlement can only happen on Ukrainian terms, and at present if it happened it would be a horror."
https://www.reuters.com/business/aer...ty-2022-05-30/

Old 05-30-2022, 06:55 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,161,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Very recently in Syria. We are told Russia is losing but Ukraine keeps losing territory and cities. So what battles is Ukraine winning exactly.
Ukraine is winning by continuing resisting. And as long as it continuing to resist, including in occupied territories, Russia will never prevail.

Old 05-30-2022, 06:57 AM

8,975 posts, read 11,857,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
Russia will loose..Ukraine will win..

Russian troops don't want to even go into war..

Ukrainian troops don't want to quit..

https://www.reuters.com/business/aer...ty-2022-05-30/
Ukraine is still greatly outgunned. Without long-range weapons, Ukraine won't win. Heart and determination can only go so far.

Old 05-30-2022, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
That's what I've been saying for the last eight years watching the forcible "ukrainianization" of the South-Eastern part of Ukraine by the new puppet regime.
By your definition, whatever government Ukraine has, it will be a puppet regime.

At least, it looks Ukraine doesn't want to be a Russian state puppet anymore. Which makes you mad.

Old 05-30-2022, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Sometimes, all ya can do is smile.
Russians "withdraw"; Ukrainians "flee", or "lose". Russians, we are told, did not really intend to win at all, so these weren't real battles. Real battles, it seems, are the ones where Russia prevails.
C'mon, don't you already know that Russians have been avoiding "real" battles since the beginning of the invasion at any cost, because they were given orders by the Noble Russian government to save lives not only of Ukrainian civilians, but Ukrainian hostile Nationalists, as well?!

According to "Erasure", of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies