Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.72%
No 256 50.59%
Unsure 49 9.68%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2022, 04:17 PM

26,920 posts, read 22,802,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Morale is one of the key factors in this war. Ask any General or military analyst and they will tell you that morale of the soldiers have a multiplier effect in battle. Are the Ukrainian soldiers tired and spent...of course they are...are they quitting...No. The vast majority of Ukrainians believe in what they are fighting for and who they are fighting against...

Yes, but at the same time they see how THEIR OWN GOVERNMENT treats them.

The propaganda posted here is showing you that Russians are fighting this war in some T-34 outdated tanks, while in reality it's the UKRAINIANS that are sent to the front lines with a a rifle and couple round of bullets "to accomplish the task," under barrage of the Russian artillery. So they sit in their trenches, not being able to raise their heads for days, and are killed one after another.

Not to mention that the government doesn't even tell their families whether those soldiers are dead or alive ( then it doesn't have to pay the surviving families a penny.)

So as I've said, ironically the only Ukrainians that are safe and sound at this point are Ukrainian POWs in Russian hands.

Quote:
Look at Mariupol...they fought until the last man.
No they DID NOT.

That's propaganda punchline.

In reality, when they faced the imminent choice, - "life or death in the name of Ukraine," they simply surrendered, in order to save their lives. All 2, 439 of them.

And I am talking about the prime Nazi unit of Azov first of all.

But they deny the same choice to regular Ukrainian soldiers, because they shoot them in the back, when they try to surrender.

Quote:
What are the Russians fighting for??...they don't even want to be there.
Who told you so?

See, when you are in denial of what REALLY caused this war, then of course you don't understand what motivates the Russians.

Quote:
This is a big reason Russia could not achieve it's initial combat objectives and this turned into a conventional war.
Truth to be told, the majority of Russians QUESTION these "initial combat objectives," along with the government officials that issued them.

They don't question the necessity ( or rather the inevitability) of this war.

Last edited by erasure; 05-30-2022 at 04:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2022, 04:41 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,761,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

The propaganda posted here is showing you that Russians are fighting this war in some T-34 outdated tanks, while in reality it's the UKRAINIANS that are sent to the front lines with a a rifle and couple round of bullets "to accomplish the task," under barrage of the Russian artillery. So they sit in their trenches, not being able to raise their heads for days, and are killed one after another.

Not to mention that the government doesn't even tell their families whether those soldiers are dead or alive ( then it doesn't have to pay the surviving families a penny.)

So as I've said, ironically the only Ukrainians that are safe and sound at this point are Ukrainian POWs in Russian hands.

No they DID NOT.

In reality, when they faced the imminent choice, - "life or death in the name of Ukraine," they simply surrendered, in order to save their lives. All 2, 439 of them.

But they deny the same choice to regular Ukrainian soldiers, because they shoot them in the back, when they try to surrender.

Who told you so?

See, when you are in denial of what REALLY caused this war, then of course you don't understand what motivates the Russians.

Truth to be told, the majority of Russians QUESTION these "initial combat objectives," along with the government officials that issued them.

This is what it looks like to us when you say that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hNIX7V21pU

Old 05-30-2022, 04:52 PM

Quote:

No they DID NOT.

Who told you so?

These guys made a pretty effective case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GZxef_2SJU

And we simply listened to the Russian conversations themselves because the Russians shut down Ukriane's 3G Towers which disabled their own Russian government-built 'Era cryptophone'....so the only way they could communicate was on commercial phone lines....these guys are good. There is no need to make stuff up with these guys.

https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/e...e-intercepted/

Quote:
Russian troop phone calls in Ukraine were intercepted after they used commercial phone lines to communicate.

The military was forced to use the unencrypted lines of communication after their own attacks on 3G towers broke the Russian government-built 'Era cryptophone' that was meant to be used to communicate.

Old 05-30-2022, 04:59 PM

Quote:
This is what it looks like to us when you say that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hNIX7V21pU

It doesn't matter what it "looks like" to whom.

If you send certain amount of military ( which is clearly insufficient to meet the military objectives) to certain major cities, with idea that the governing bodies of these cities will supposedly "open the gates themselves," then you will be questioned why you came up with this idea and on what ground exactly.

Which is exactly what happened in Russia after the fiasco of the initial plan.

Who exactly gave this advise to Putin and on what ground? ( No one seems to think over there that Putin himself made this miscalculation, but I personally do think so.)

With that being said, Russians don't deny the necessity of the war itself ( the majority of course - some are protesting it, but not in great numbers.)

Old 05-30-2022, 05:01 PM

Here is why we know so much about Russian Morale...this is still a problem today

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/n...ommunications/

Quote:
"The intercepted phone calls are just invaluable in getting a sense into what the Russians are thinking, the state of their morale," said Alperovitch. "There was an intercepted phone call where the Russian officer was saying how half of his troops have frostbite on their feet, how they don't have any hot stoves for food. They're sleeping in trenches."

Old 05-30-2022, 05:14 PM

Quote:
These guys made a pretty effective case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GZxef_2SJU

No they did not.

See, since Russian POWs are tortured in Ukrainian captivity, this kind of "press-conferences" are most likely scripted ( I can see it already by the language of the two of them.)

But since you are allowed to see only what propaganda allows you to see with the help of translation, and I can listen to the ORIGINAL videos of Ukrainians ( both POWs and those on the front lines,) without any "press-conferences," I tend to believe more to the latter ones.

Quote:
And we simply listened to the Russian conversations themselves because the Russians shut down Ukriane's 3G Towers which disabled their own Russian government-built 'Era cryptophone'....so the only way they could communicate was on commercial phone lines....these guys are good. There is no need to make stuff up with these guys.

https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/e...e-intercepted/

You mean what propaganda presents you by translating it.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 05-31-2022 at 05:07 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 05-30-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:

No they did not.

See, since Russian POWs are tortured in Ukrainian captivity, this kind of "press-conferences" are most likely scripted ( I can see it already by the language of the two of them.)

But since you are allowed to see only what propaganda allows you to see with the help of translation, and I can listen to the ORIGINAL videos of Ukrainians ( both POWs and those on the front lines,) without any "press-conferences," I tend to believe more to the latter ones.

You mean what propaganda presents you by translating it.
We have people in the US that understand Russian...you know that. All we have to do is listen to the conversations on commercial phone lines and have them interpreted. If something is being missed in translation then there are many who would point that out...don't you think?? I mean this is not Russia.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 05-31-2022 at 05:08 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 05-30-2022, 06:26 PM

4,997 posts, read 2,769,214 times
now Biden says he won't ship long range rockets to Ukraine..I hope he's lying and the freaking things are already on their way..I know I read somewhere where at least one other European country is or has sent a few..

Old 05-30-2022, 06:32 PM

4,997 posts, read 2,769,214 times
I feel that the next few weeks will be critical to this war..if Russia can claim control of the Donbas and hold it, then that is enough for a victory claim by Putin the war criminal..if Ukraine looses this war because of insufficient weaponry, I'll hold Biden responsible for it..time will tell..

Old 05-30-2022, 06:39 PM

Quote:

We have people in the US that understand Russian...you know that. All we have to do is listen to the conversations on commercial phone lines and have them interpreted. If something is being missed in translation then there are many who would point that out...don't you think?? I mean this is not Russia.

Yes I do.

That's why I wonder why the media stopped doing its job and to report situation OBJECTIVELY ( you know, how it used to,) and instead now it translates only selectively what it feels *comfortable with.*
You are telling me that "it's not Russia," but it sure feels more and more like it.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 05-31-2022 at 05:08 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies