Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.64%
No 257 50.69%
Unsure 49 9.66%
Voters: 507. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2022, 02:45 PM

26,922 posts, read 22,820,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnifor View Post
The Russians will never make it to Odesa. If they manage to capture all of Donetsk their military will be at the culmination point after that and they will not have the manpower or equipment for further offensives.

That is the military that they have in operation now.

But that's not the same as ALL the military they have at their disposal.

And that's why it's becoming a big question at this point - what does Russian gov. is planning to do next, what are their plans regarding the rest of Ukraine, will they call for mobilization and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2022, 02:52 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,164,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
With other words, threatening teachers and daycare workers is OK in your book.

As long as they dare to live their lives without Zelensky and Co, without the nationalist puppet government.

Got it.
You will never get it.

Of course, you would have nothing against a pro-Russian puppet government installed in Ukraine, correct?

Dream on!

Old 05-30-2022, 02:57 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,761,970 times
Todays update

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...essment-may-30

Quote:
Mounting casualties among Russian junior officers will likely further degrade Russian capabilities and lead to further morale breakdowns.

Domestic dissent within Russian military circles, claiming that the Kremlin is not doing enough to win the war, continues to grow.
Key Takeaways

Quote:
Russian forces continued to incrementally capture areas of Severodonetsk but have not yet fully encircled the city.

Russian forces focused on regrouping near Izyum to renew offensives towards Slovyansk and Barvinkove and conducted only minor, unsuccessful, attacks. Russian forces are making incremental advances towards Slovyansk and seek to assault the city itself in the coming weeks, but are unlikely to achieve decisive gains.

Russian forces in Kharkiv continue to focus efforts on preventing a Ukrainian counteroffensive from reaching the international border between Kharkiv and Belgorod, and Ukrainian forces have not conducted any significant operations in the area in recent days.

The limited Ukrainian counterattack in northern Kherson Oblast did not take any further ground in the last 48 hours but has disrupted Russian operations. Russian forces launched several unsuccessful attacks against the Ukrainian bridgehead on the east bank of the Inhulets River.

Mounting casualties among Russian junior officers will further degrade Russian morale and command and control capabilities.

Old 05-30-2022, 02:57 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,164,434 times
Quote:
More on the "partisans wreaking a lot of havok on Russian forces."

Today at 7:50 AM there was an explosion in the 9 story building in Melitopol, in the center of the city.

Judging by the news in Ukrainian media, the "partisans" were targeting the new head of the Zaporojhie region. His family obviously too, and it was not a big deal if few more neighbors would have been killed in a process, just for being neighbors of the "Russian collaborator."

That's the mentality of the nationalists, that's the very essence of their terrorist state.

And it didn't happen on February 24th, that's not the time when this terrorist state was born.
And what did you expect? Ukrainians getting on their knees and peacefully giving up to the Russian thugs their territory?

All these endless Russian missile strikes all over Ukraine killing civilians are what, not terrorist attacks? Russia is not a terrorist state?

Old 05-30-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
You will never get it.

Of course, you would have nothing against a pro-Russian puppet government installed in Ukraine, correct?

Dream on!

At this point - this is correct, provided that Ukraine will be partitioned. ( Russians don't need the territories that have little in common with Russian history.)
I definitely think that the South-Eastern part of Ukraine is safer under Russia, plus since these regions are left-minded, I expect them to affect the internal politics of Russia, once they will be included into the Russian Federation. ( And they will be included.)

Old 05-30-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
And what did you expect? Ukrainians getting on their knees and peacefully giving up to the Russian thugs their territory?

All these endless Russian missile strikes all over Ukraine killing civilians are what, not terrorist attacks? Russia is not a terrorist state?

I don't expect anything "peaceful" from the terrorists.
Particularly the way they target the civilians yet again in Donetsk now. ( Something that Western media won't report you of course.)

Old 05-30-2022, 03:01 PM

25,797 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Can you please give me more info on the blockade?

What kind of blockade is that, provided by what exactly?
Russian military ships or what?
Ya know.... It's been fun, but since you either deny all facts, make up your own, or feign ignorance about all things not convenient to supporting Russia I'm gonna hafta put you on ignore.
Bye, now.

Old 05-30-2022, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Ya know.... It's been fun, but since you either deny all facts, make up your own, or feign ignorance about all things not convenient to supporting Russia I'm gonna hafta put you on ignore.
Bye, now.

In fact I was serious.

I don't understand the nature of this blockade, and I can't find the adequate explanation of what it is all about, since I can't trust just what I see on official Russian sites only.

Over there they talk about the mines placed in the water, and I do know that it were the Ukrainians that placed them there, in order to prevent the possible Russian landing operation.

But if the Russian war ships are sitting there, preventing any foreign vessels to come in/out, then it's a different story, but they definitely don't talk about it on Russian sites.

And the military channels don't talk about Odessa at this point at all.

So yes, more details on a subject would be appreciated.

Old 05-30-2022, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Todays update

Quote:
Mounting casualties among Russian junior officers will likely further degrade Russian capabilities and lead to further morale breakdowns.
https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...essment-may-30
No it won't.

I see much more of the "morale breakdown" among the Ukrainian troops lately ( the videos posted by Ukrainian soldiers themselves.)

Quote:
Domestic dissent within Russian military circles, claiming that the Kremlin is not doing enough to win the war, continues to grow.
This is true.

I do see people there questioning plans of the Russian government, its motives and dedication to the cause, and thus what resources it wants to allocate for the further progression.

Old 05-30-2022, 03:58 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,761,970 times
Quote:
No it won't.

I see much more of the "morale breakdown" among the Ukrainian troops lately ( the videos posted by Ukrainian soldiers themselves.)

This is true.

I do see people there questioning plans of the Russian government, its motives and dedication to the cause, and thus what resources it wants to allocate for the further progression.
Morale is one of the key factors in this war. Ask any General or military analyst and they will tell you that morale of the soldiers have a multiplier effect in battle. Are the Ukrainian soldiers tired and spent...of course they are...are they quitting...No. The vast majority of Ukrainians believe in what they are fighting for and who they are fighting against...Look at Mariupol...they fought until the last man. What are the Russians fighting for??...they don't even want to be there. This is a big reason Russia could not achieve it's initial combat objectives and this turned into a conventional war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies