Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.64%
No 257 50.69%
Unsure 49 9.66%
Voters: 507. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 02:31 PM
bu2

24,247 posts, read 15,084,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
I don't agree. The biggest security threat to Europe is the country/counties sending arms and money to Ukraine. Once these votes take place in the Eastern region and become a part of the Russian Federation an attack on that will be an act of war. I imagine the MIC will love that. Ukraine reclaims some cow pasture of no significance and the MSM sees this as great victories for the West.
Only Putin and his lackeys believe that. Nobody even recognizes Crimea. Its an absolutely moronic argument made by the desperate Russian government. They clearly expect to continue to lose more land soon. They don't even control 100% of any of the 4 oblasts. Ukraine has regained a small part of Luhansk and still has half of Donetsk and significant parts of the other two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 02:48 PM

25,799 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
I don't agree. The biggest security threat to Europe is the country/counties sending arms and money to Ukraine. Once these votes take place in the Eastern region and become a part of the Russian Federation an attack on that will be an act of war. I imagine the MIC will love that. Ukraine reclaims some cow pasture of no significance and the MSM sees this as great victories for the West.
It is significant because it has 20,000 Russian troops in it and none of them have Ukrainian passports.

Even if the action you describe were seen as an act of war, there is still nothing Putin could do.
He has been checkmated. From this time til he is gone there will be almost nothing but steady losses for Russia. Even a missile launched is a loss because it cannot be re-manufactured and replaced. Tanks, aircraft, generals, troops, money... All gone. And nothing in the future but a diminished Russia too poor to operate a significant navy.

Old 09-20-2022, 02:53 PM

30,064 posts, read 25,184,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It is significant because it has 20,000 Russian troops in it and none of them have Ukrainian passports.

Even if the action you describe were seen as an act of war, there is still nothing Putin could do.
He has been checkmated. From this time til he is gone there will be almost nothing but steady losses for Russia. Even a missile launched is a loss because it cannot be re-manufactured and replaced. Tanks, aircraft, generals, troops, money... All gone. And nothing in the future but a diminished Russia too poor to operate a significant navy.

Some new videos are floating around of alleged Chinese equipment moving through occupied areas of Ukraine. It could be fake or it could be something. Mostly lightly armored vehicles, humvee looking things but smaller, not tanks. It wouldn't surprise me at all if China is selling military equipment to Putin. That would be something of a game changer if China is going to start helping Putin's fledgling war machine directly, and something the US intelligence community as expressed concern over.

Old 09-20-2022, 03:22 PM

2,389 posts, read 1,122,423 times
Quote:
Votes schmotes ...you really believe that BS?.....
I've got some nice swampland in Florida ...for you half price...

Trust me....Russia is done in Ukraine....bye bye Russia ...stick a fork in it

Old 09-20-2022, 03:27 PM

1,813 posts, read 2,247,540 times
Quote:
Act of war? What are you talking about? There already is a war, invading Ukraine was a really serious act of war.

And for the record, Ukraine has already attacked occupied Crimea and Russia hasn't escalated, because they can't. If Russia were to escalate the Russian state as we know it today would be done and millions may die. Russia is failing in Ukraine, you think they can take on NATO? Come on man. There is no possible positive outcome for Russia if they escalate.

This sham vote stinks of desperation on Russia's part and will change nothing.

Old 09-20-2022, 03:27 PM

12,723 posts, read 7,654,874 times
Quote:
Now is the time for cooler heads. Ukraine cannot defeat Russia. They should be happy if Vlad lets them have access to the Black Sea via Odessa. Say goodbye to the East.
Bookmarked.

Quote:
Once these votes take place in the Eastern region and become a part of the Russian Federation an attack on that will be an act of war.
There are two armies trying to kill each other, there is nothing magical that happens when a sham referendum passes for an area that isn't even completely controlled by either side that makes it more of a war. War++?

Old 09-20-2022, 03:34 PM

4,997 posts, read 2,770,972 times
Deny's update today 9/20...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNMmT6bKOrA

Old 09-20-2022, 03:55 PM

3,415 posts, read 4,491,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, the sooner the whole thing is resolved, the sooner the money the West is pouring into the war machine can be applied instead to rebuilding Ukraine. Z will be back to his begging bowl circuit as soon as the war is over, asking the West to finance the reconstruction.

Something of a moot point. You can't rebuild absolutely shelled/bombed out places like Mariupol unless you take them back. I think the most the Ukrainians would accept is a return to pre 2022 invasion lines of control, which I believe they were trying to negotiate for at the start of this thing. You can knock Z all you want, but his war-time leadership has been Churchillian.

Old 09-20-2022, 04:21 PM

47,105 posts, read 26,237,226 times
This evening was supposed to be Putin's Big Televised Speech - which was first "delayed", now it's "postponed".

Innnnteresting.

Oh, also the Russian stock market (MOEX) dropped 9%. In a day. Whatever's brewing is not making Russian people w. money happy at all.

Old 09-20-2022, 04:21 PM

25,799 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Some new videos are floating around of alleged Chinese equipment moving through occupied areas of Ukraine. It could be fake or it could be something. Mostly lightly armored vehicles, humvee looking things but smaller, not tanks. It wouldn't surprise me at all if China is selling military equipment to Putin. That would be something of a game changer if China is going to start helping Putin's fledgling war machine directly, and something the US intelligence community as expressed concern over.
Doncha think you ought to post links to these videos of "Chinese equipment rolling through Ukraine"?
'Cuz, so far, I think it's nonsense. China sells $500B a year in "stuff" to the US. We'd all like to see pictures of the equipment they are willing to provide that would put it at risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies