Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2021, 08:01 AM

35,822 posts, read 18,155,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I said this in another thread, but I know 5 people personally who have been boosted and have a severe case of covid. No way in hell am I getting a booster, and yes, I understand that you shouldnt make healthcare decisions based on anecdotal stories, but for me no way
I personally think anecdotal observations are a very good piece of data to take in to account when making decisions. That’s why we all read reviews by customers and find them helpful. Hearing others experience - especially if their experiences are similar- is powerful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2021, 08:03 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,114,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I said this in another thread, but I know 5 people personally who have been boosted and have a severe case of covid. No way in hell am I getting a booster, and yes, I understand that you shouldnt make healthcare decisions based on anecdotal stories, but for me no way
And I know more than 5 that have been boosted and still haven't gotten COVID.

Anecdotal stuff like this means nothing.

And define 'severe'.

So I know of one person who is seriously immune compromised. She got COVID even after boosted. She's had a rough two weeks at home fighting COVID. Her team of doctors say that if she did not have the vaccines she would have been in the hospital and would not have been able to fight off the virus.

I know doctors-- what do they know. They are full of feelings.....

Old 12-25-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And I know more than 5 that have been boosted and still haven't gotten COVID.

Anecdotal stuff like this means nothing.

And define 'severe'.

So I know of one person who is seriously immune compromised. She got COVID even after boosted. She's had a rough two weeks at home fighting COVID. Her team of doctors say that if she did not have the vaccines she would have been in the hospital and would not have been able to fight off the virus.

I know doctors-- what do they know. They are full of feelings.....
As a believer in anecdotal evidence, here’s mine. I have a lot of friends on various text strings. Incredible what has blown up in the last week. As my friends began to gather, they got tested and the number of positives is alarming. These are vaxed and mostly boosted people who now have asymptomatic or virtually asymptomatic Covid.

The only people I’ve known who got sick from Covid worse than a nagging cold are the unvaxed, and two otherwise healthy people very nearly died.

Old 12-25-2021, 10:39 AM

20,288 posts, read 21,044,722 times
No more covid threads. This is going nowhere.
Nobody wants to budge regardless of facts, or, misinformation if that’s your angle.
Total waste of breath at this point.
Mods should remove all covid topics and ban any future discussion until there is something worth discussing.

Old 12-25-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
No more covid threads. This is going nowhere.
Nobody wants to budge regardless of facts, or, misinformation if that’s your angle.
Total waste of breath at this point.
Mods should remove all covid topics and ban any future discussion until there is something worth discussing.
There IS something worth discussing. This omicron variant appears to be heading in the direction that virologists fervently hoped it would.

Old 12-25-2021, 10:53 AM

20,288 posts, read 21,044,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
There IS something worth discussing. This omicron variant appears to be heading in the direction that virologists fervently hoped it would.
Nope. Conspiracy misinformation campaign.
Covid is deadlier than ever and we’ll all die aside from the vaxxed who will also die because of the unvaxxed.
We need be to buried and cremated with face muzzles as well. This is all Obama, Biden, and Trumps fault.
Because nobody is investigating China because that’s racist against math and unicorns. It’s all fake news so we need to clarify all information thru Facebook. If we all stay inside our homes and cars muzzled for 13 weeks Quadra-vaxxed we can eradicate this virus in 2 weeks for at least 30 days. It’s following the science fiction for all of you college grad uneducated bleeding heart knuckle draggers. So there.

Old 12-25-2021, 10:54 AM

27,249 posts, read 15,417,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
The covid passport can only help spread covid. Here, the unvaxxed are restricted from travel, requiring a negative test while the vaxxed are free to carry on, with or without covid.

Yes, the reasoning is certainly much askew.

Old 12-25-2021, 11:00 AM

8,429 posts, read 4,602,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Yes, the reasoning is certainly much askew.

The vax passports are not for public safety, they are a reward for doing what you were told. Enjoy the scooby snack, the governments are moving away from the carrot and embracing the stick against the disobedient.

Old 12-25-2021, 03:29 PM

33,598 posts, read 18,241,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
Even I am surprised at this massive 4.5X difference. The charts are official and per latest UK data as far as I can tell.

https://dailysceptic.org/2021/12/22/...ed-data-shows/

Most likely the triple vaccinated are not careful at all going into close situations while those unvaccinated are mostly likely much more careful because this new variant is very contagious. That would make up the difference easily.

Old 12-25-2021, 03:34 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,114,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
As a believer in anecdotal evidence, here’s mine. I have a lot of friends on various text strings. Incredible what has blown up in the last week. As my friends began to gather, they got tested and the number of positives is alarming. These are vaxed and mostly boosted people who now have asymptomatic or virtually asymptomatic Covid.

The only people I’ve known who got sick from Covid worse than a nagging cold are the unvaxed, and two otherwise healthy people very nearly died.
The data is suggesting the ones that are getting seriously ill with COVID now are unvaccinated and the elderly.

I do think this surge in positive cases is impacted by the surge in testing. I know whole families that got tested this year -- that didn't last year. It's wierd....testing seems to be the trend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies