Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2021, 12:46 PM

30,203 posts, read 11,854,790 times

Advertisements

This is what I expected even with the early reports from SA of it being milder. Just wrong information. They were comparing college age students to older people in other countries and forming a conclusion from that. This might end up being by far the worst wave but hopefully the last major one. Vaccines and boosters as well as natural immunity may be worthless.

Omicron more likely to reinfect than Delta, no milder -study

The risk of reinfection with the Omicron coronavirus variant is more than five times higher and it has shown no sign of being milder than Delta, a study showed, as cases soar across Europe and threaten year-end festivities.The results of the study by Imperial College London were based on UK Health Security Agency and National Health Service data on people who tested positive for COVID-19 in a PCR test in England between Nov. 29 and Dec. 11.

"We find no evidence (for both risk of hospitalisation attendance and symptom status) of Omicron having different severity from Delta," the study said

The researchers found a significantly increased risk of developing a symptomatic Omicron case compared to Delta for those who were two or more weeks past their second vaccine dose, and two or more weeks past their booster dose.

"This study provides further evidence of the very substantial extent to which Omicron can evade prior immunity given by both infection or vaccination," study lead Professor Neil Ferguson said in ICL's statement.

"This level of immune evasion means that Omicron poses a major, imminent threat to public health."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2021, 12:46 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,800,154 times
Why did it behave so differently in South Africa?

Old 12-18-2021, 12:55 PM

30,203 posts, read 11,854,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

Who knows. I know the average age of a person with omicron in SA was in their 20's. Plus its propaganda. They want to stop the travel ban. Put out fake good news helps.

Old 12-18-2021, 01:03 PM

318 posts, read 198,334 times
One study from data collected between Nov. 29 and Dec. 11, not peer reviewed.

Old 12-18-2021, 01:07 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,199,582 times
They’re just begging people to be afraid.

Old 12-18-2021, 01:20 PM

2,367 posts, read 911,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Maybe the population is different? Climate is different (temperature, humidity). Maybe fewer fat people? The average age of the population of South Africa is 28, the US 38, Germany 48.

Old 12-18-2021, 01:23 PM

43,234 posts, read 18,372,336 times
They came to all those conclusions after 2 weeks ?

That's the study...11/29-12/11 and then they "analyzed" data.

Well I went and dug up this "study" which isn't even a study.
It is a REPORT that used computer modeling with them inputting numbers to get predictions.
They used hospital records.

And they used "conditional Poisson regression" because it's more FLEXIBLE then "conditional logistic regression"
You know.."lets change this 5 to a 7 and OMG..everyone will die".

I'll let you guys go try to dig this up. It was not easy and I did not use Google but I found it after 15 minutes of hunting and pecking with DuckDuckGo
When an MSM article does NOT post a link to a "study" then a flag should go up in your head.

Old 12-18-2021, 01:26 PM

15,542 posts, read 10,528,971 times
Still too early to tell. However, when I heard Fauci and others say not to worry, I figured I might should be concerned.

Old 12-18-2021, 01:29 PM

43,234 posts, read 18,372,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Still too early to tell. However, when I heard Fauci and others say not to worry, I figured I might should be concerned.
Fauci also said we didn't need boosters.

Old 12-18-2021, 01:31 PM

15,948 posts, read 12,311,156 times
They should be working on boosters for the omicron variant right now because the boosters we have are only going to provide a couple months of protection and you're not going to get people to take multiple every 3 month booster shots in order to stay vaccinated.

If they want any chance of this vaccination b******* to succeed they need to make sure that the vaccines they are offering provided at least six to nine months of protection so they better get working on an omicron booster before they start their mandates (which they shouldn't be doing anyways) or they're going to have a large number of people around the world simply rebel.

I have no real desire to travel so I don't have to worry about masks on planes or vaccine passports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies