Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 12:31 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,869,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I just heard of a triple vaxxed, cautious, wears n95 masks guy who has Covid.
Is he named Cramer?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/20/i-ha...mild-case.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2021, 12:33 PM

17,701 posts, read 15,427,856 times
That's a big load of nothing that has been spun by a website that drives its traffic by pandering to people who accept what they read at base value simply because it fits their narrative.. Either that or they're just dumb.

The only thing it possibly shows is that there is significant vaccine evasion happening

As of December 14th, the percentage of Omicron in the UK was 20%

So, someone who has had three doses of vaccine, the most likely strain that they COULD get would be Omicron.

Whereas the lesser or non vaccinated are vulnerable and infected by multiple different strands.

It's not showing total cases, it's just showing the odds of getting a specific variant. Obviously, if the odds are < 5% you'll get anything other than Omicron, and the odds are.. 40% that you'll get Omicron, guess which one is going to have the higher rate of infection? Whereas, if you're vulnerable to all, it'll be a more even mix of infections.

For that to make any sense, first off, you'd have to have a comparison to the percentage of being infected with other variants, which is not provided. Followed by the total number of positive tests of any variant, broken down by vax status.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:38 PM

26,081 posts, read 19,042,311 times
When can the rest of us say, "We told you so"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
So you are another one of "those" that think that everyone that got vaxxed is wrong and that you are somehow morally superior to everyone else?
When you see folks in life who have made bad choices, do you feel "morally superior" to them (assuming they are not criminals, etc)?

I don't. But I am not going to pretend they didn't make those bad choices, either. I didn't make the choices for them. They did. So I'm not exactly sympathetic most of the time. Especially if the choice was made due to gullibility or peer pressure. We are not supposed to be sheep. And suspicion is one of the most important tools for survival.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:39 PM

4,460 posts, read 5,189,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
They are also more likely to run and get test at the first sign of any symptom. The anti-vaxxers are more likely to insist they are fine. They would probably rather die than admit they were wrong.

I'm vaccinated, have had Omicron and it was no big deal. Everyone I know who is actually sick has not been vaccinated. They will be fine in a few days but I hope they enjoy being sick for Christmas.
Same boat. Omicron = crappy flu.

Glad I’ll be super immune now. Or so they say. Can’t wait to find out.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:41 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,869,947 times
Last week, it was not as interesting (no analysis of triple vaxxed):

https://nypost.com/2021/12/04/more-t...double-vaxxed/

Old 12-23-2021, 12:43 PM

26,661 posts, read 13,813,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
No, just a regular guy.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:46 PM

43,456 posts, read 18,562,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
Actually, the unvaxxed are far more likely than the vaxxed to always be emboldened. Been proven over and over again, and I see it in real life too. Large number of unvaxxed (such as myself) never even wear masks in crowded areas if not required. Many also believe that the death count is highly exaggerated and never took this seriously.
I would think they are more careful because they know they aren't vaxxed.
They are only emboldened when told they are "mandated" to get a shot.
They know the risk they are taking

The vaccinated think they have a protective bubble around them and aren't taking precautions.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:47 PM

12,058 posts, read 6,610,914 times
This doesn’t make sense — then why are the vast majority of those hospitalized the unvaxed??

Old 12-23-2021, 12:49 PM

17,706 posts, read 14,821,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This doesn’t make sense — then why are the vast majority of those hospitalized the unvaxed??
Do you think that you're automatically so sick when you get covid that you require hospitalization?

Old 12-23-2021, 01:02 PM

2,954 posts, read 1,021,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That's a big load of nothing that has been spun by a website that drives its traffic by pandering to people who accept what they read at base value simply because it fits their narrative.. Either that or they're just dumb.

The only thing it possibly shows is that there is significant vaccine evasion happening

As of December 14th, the percentage of Omicron in the UK was 20%

So, someone who has had three doses of vaccine, the most likely strain that they COULD get would be Omicron.

Whereas the lesser or non vaccinated are vulnerable and infected by multiple different strands.

It's not showing total cases, it's just showing the odds of getting a specific variant. Obviously, if the odds are < 5% you'll get anything other than Omicron, and the odds are.. 40% that you'll get Omicron, guess which one is going to have the higher rate of infection? Whereas, if you're vulnerable to all, it'll be a more even mix of infections.

For that to make any sense, first off, you'd have to have a comparison to the percentage of being infected with other variants, which is not provided. Followed by the total number of positive tests of any variant, broken down by vax status.
The people who need to hear what you're saying will not pay attention. But, thank you for saying it, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies