Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 04:46 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,235,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
The perfect storm ingredients have been added and mixed together. It is brewing now. Paying people to not work all year has some people liking not working. Other people wanting to go back to work have decided not to after Biden and Fauci told them they are not safe at work even with the vaccine in them. People that are willing to work are being banned from working because of their personal health choices.

It's already starting with shortages and much higher inflation than expected and the FED now admitting it won't be just transitory.

Last year I was the sad sap listening to the experts saying not to stock up. Wiping my ass with leaves won't happen to me this year. I am buying items and stocking up like crazy. 1 item limits everywhere, so buying what is available one at a time from multiple stores each and every day. I am going to stock up to the roof.

Brace For Shortages

How to Prepare for Food Shortages Coming in 2021 and 2022

Executives warn customers to brace for continued shortages and price hikes in 2022
The concern is not so much shortages, but the crime wave that will ensue once the shortages are commonplace.

Brace for the crimewave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2021, 04:59 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So voting for Biden caused energy shortages in China, gas shortages in UK and all the rest? It's a global supply issue. The US is hardly the only country affected, and not even the worst.

Can you explain how?
CNN told me voting for Bush (I did not) caused a worldwide recession.

CNN told me voting for Trump (I did not) caused a worldwide pandemic.

I guess the same is true for voting for Biden, no?

To answer your point more seriously and directly, Biden is part of the problem, as are liberal policies. That's doesn't mean there are not previous or other problems also. However Biden is President now and the buck stops with him when it comes to how he responds and what he pursues. It is clear as day to anyone who does not have their eyes closed that his agenda is making things worse, not better. When there are some sticks burning in the middle of the forest, you don't try to make it better by dumping gasoline on them.

What is clear is how partisan people are and how they will deny reality if reality is not good for "their side". In my short time here on CDF, it is plainly clear those on the left will attack a Republican for the same things they will applaud a Democrat for. It is plainly clear those on the left will turn a blind eye to what a Democrat does that they would lambaste a Republican for.

Setting aside political alliances, just think about this:

You don't quell inflation by spending trillions more.

You don't get people to want to work when you pay them to not work.

You don't get more people to fill available jobs by telling vaccinated people they won't be safe at work because of unvaccinated people.

You don't get more people to fill available jobs by convincing companies to tell thousands of unvaccinated workers to go home.

You don't get people to buy into science when you deny science yourself.

You don't bring people together by attacking people who don't think like you.

You don't create peace by setting the FBI on parents who raise their voice or take too much time or carry a sign at a local school board meeting.

You don't lower Covid rates by bringing in millions of unvaccinated illegals from Central America and bussing all over the country.

You don't lower Covid deaths by taking away life saving therapies from states you don't like.

You don't lower gas prices by reducing the amount of local capacity.

You don't make communities safer by reducing the police force.

You don't make people think you are the most transparent President ever when you won't take questions in most cases and when you do you admit it can only be pre-approved questions from a list your team told you to use and who to call on.

You don't inspire confidence in the vaccine when you first tried to make people fear any vaccine if created under Trump and then flip flop after taking office.

You don't promise people you have a plan for Covid if they vote for you and then not deliver one.

You don't tell people Covid will be gone by July 4th, when you have no idea.

You don't tell people it's safe to throw your masks away now and have mask burning parties when you have no idea about variants.

These things are all on Biden. Would you and others prefer we ignore them? Why is it the left cannot address these major issues and more with the President? Why does much of the media cover for him, although some media are now starting to wake up.

Last edited by Stephan A Smith; 10-08-2021 at 05:14 PM..

Old 10-08-2021, 05:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
The concern is not so much shortages, but the crime wave that will ensue once the shortages are commonplace.

Brace for the crimewave.
Will there be “crime waves” in Trumpvilles or just the Democratically-run cities?

Old 10-08-2021, 05:33 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,834 times
Obviously pandemics have consequences. Those that think that wearing a mask is the worse thing that can happen are fooling themselves.

You can't have 700,000 deaths in 18 months without some effect on available workers.

It is still unclear how many people contacted Covid and will be unable to work for perhaps years in some cases. I suspect one to two million are ill enough to not be able to work.

It is reported that at least 120,000 children have lost one parent. That must have some impact on those able to work.

Plus, the stories are legion about the number of people that worked in positions that involved continuous contact with the public, whom decided that their minimum wage job was not worth the threat to their health.

Many older people (and that includes truckers) decided that now is a good time to retire.

As for the 'long haul' people, this article from Scientific American is interesting:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...g-covid-rsquo/

From the article:

"Consider the numbers we know. At least 34 million Americans (and probably many more) have already contracted COVID. An increasing number of studies find that greater than one fourth of patients have developed some form of long COVID. (In one study from China, three quarters of patients had at least one ongoing symptom six months after hospital discharge, and in another report more than half of infected health care workers had symptoms seven to eight months later.) Initial indications suggest that the likelihood of developing persistent symptoms may not be related to the severity of the initial illness; it is even conceivable that infections that were initially asymptomatic could later cause persistent problems.

Common long-term symptoms include fatigue; respiratory problems; “brain fog”; cardiac, renal and gastrointestinal issues; and loss of smell and taste. Surprising manifestations continue to emerge, such as the recent realization that infection may precipitate diabetes."

As I have been saying for months, the problem with a 'novel' coronavirus is that we simply do not know how the illness will eventually affect people.

People herein have mentioned factors that may be playing a part in the worldwide problem regarding manufacturing and shipment of goods and products. Yet, those countries that often do the manufacturing are laboring under the exact same problems we have with the virus. To simply say that the problem is 'people are unwilling to work', or 'illegals' or 'Trump and/or Biden' is simply ignoring the catastrophe that has unwound since early last year. China and India are having employment problems, and I assure you that in those countries people are not working because they 'receive too much money from the government'.

Old 10-08-2021, 05:50 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,834 times
I will add this anecdotal evidence, concerning long haul.

I am a diabetic. Diabetes does not run in my family. It is suspected that my 'type 1.5' diabetes began decades ago after I had to undergo intensive antibiotic treatment for an ear infection, of all things. Now, I'm dependent on insulin.

My younger sister (young to me; she is now 53 to my 66), has always been healthy, thin, etc.

Said sister had a mild case of Covid back in December (she had to avoid family, including our 93 year old mother, for several weeks). Recovered well, and said it was like a mild cold for a few days.

When I visited her today, she was wearing a Freestyle glucose monitor. I knew she was having some issues with her blood sugar levels for the past few months, but it got to the point where her doctor prescribed the monitor, saying she was 'pre-diabetic'.

Reading the above Scientific American article makes me think: is she one of those that had a mild case, and is now developing diabetes?

As I said, this is a 'novel' coronavirus, and all the layers have not been peeled back yet.

Old 10-08-2021, 06:18 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,264,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Delicate?

The past 18 months have shown the Trump crowd to be the true snowflakes in comparison to Team Blue.

They are beyond delicate. You’re being too kind.
Careful there, you are talking to a hoarder with 6 months of car food telling everyone they are wimps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post

Brace for the crimewave.
We have a Crome Wave NOW. Will it get worse when the snowflakes can’t get their KETO frozen dinners snd Lunchables? Probably.

Reasonable people prepare, unreasonable people laugh snd those who prepare and then they Riot. Loot, Burn.
I’ve sat hours in a Gas Line, hopping there would be some if I made it to the pump.
If I didn’t, I had to wait 3 more days until it was my turn again. I’ve gone for 3 weeks with no power.
It’s not much fun.

Old 10-08-2021, 06:39 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,152,594 times
I went into a store during a road trip and there was no meat at all. It was empty.

I saw empty shelves.. many empty shelves. It looked like the film I saw in Cuba where they have no food.

Old 10-08-2021, 06:43 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,152,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I will add this anecdotal evidence, concerning long haul.

I am a diabetic. Diabetes does not run in my family. It is suspected that my 'type 1.5' diabetes began decades ago after I had to undergo intensive antibiotic treatment for an ear infection, of all things. Now, I'm dependent on insulin.

My younger sister (young to me; she is now 53 to my 66), has always been healthy, thin, etc.

Said sister had a mild case of Covid back in December (she had to avoid family, including our 93 year old mother, for several weeks). Recovered well, and said it was like a mild cold for a few days.

When I visited her today, she was wearing a Freestyle glucose monitor. I knew she was having some issues with her blood sugar levels for the past few months, but it got to the point where her doctor prescribed the monitor, saying she was 'pre-diabetic'.

Reading the above Scientific American article makes me think: is she one of those that had a mild case, and is now developing diabetes?

As I said, this is a 'novel' coronavirus, and all the layers have not been peeled back yet.
When someone who usually is active and burns off the sugar they have good sugar levels.. If someone is not as active they usually get borderline sugar. It happened to someone I know. They got sick and got pre-diabetic.. when they got well and more active the doctor told them they no longer was in the pre-diatbetic range ans was in the safe zone.

Old 10-08-2021, 06:43 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I went into a store during a road trip and there was no meat at all. It was empty.

I saw empty shelves.. many empty shelves. It looked like the film I saw in Cuba where they have no food.
Just wait until Thanksgiving and Christmas come. We are going to watch a lot of Biden voters going insane when they can't find anything they need. The good news for Biden is they are Biden voters so they won't have a clue who to blame.

Old 10-08-2021, 06:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
We are getting just a taste of what people voted for. The full brunt is just ahead. Buckle up. I will be well stocked so I can sit back and watch all the people who voted for this clown show complain about what they voted for.
The color revolution is about to hit hard.... The democrat killing fields will come alive, fighting for all resources that can be pillaged. They don't teach how exactly Hitler came to power.... and the dark era, before he took it all and then some. Picking who was good enough to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies