Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 07:06 PM

20,384 posts, read 9,287,844 times

Advertisements

with a 3 to 5 vote margin in the House and a 50/50 count in the Senate, Biden is on shaky ground. Add to that he's a one termer and these MOC's don't have the allegiance to him they would otherwise provide someone who could serve 2 terms. All this rancor over this 3.5 trillion human infrastructure plan over 10 years, the Republicans will dismantle it the first time they can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2021, 07:07 PM

8,436 posts, read 4,637,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You’ve been “reset” numerous times over history under the machinery of man made law/edict. Remember all the banking crashes that led to Wilson’s Federal Reserve? Are we still in “emergency mode” 108 years later?

The height of self-importance and lack of understanding history with Team Trump has been astonishing over the past 18 months.

“Yeah, I knew government was ‘icky’ but I didn’t know it would be this evil and ever personally impact me.”

With the mods permission I’d like to pick up the Trump crowd in here, stop at Sherwin Williams to get some black paint, soak ‘em in it, then drop them off in my old ghetto. Now go survive by not breaking any rules that will get you killed (what you folks call street smarts) while maintaining some semblance of morality. You know, while the government pumps drugs and guns into the hood and is just one of several street gangs in the complex world of thuggery.

The "Trump crowd" is not your enemy. You take tribalism to the extreme with your "Team Blue" garbage. Take off that jersey and try to work together. "Red and Blue" have bigger fish to fry then each other.

Old 10-08-2021, 07:14 PM

2,047 posts, read 877,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Unfortunately the longshore workers are not the problem, they make an average of $80-$100,000 and there is no shortage. The problem is the shortage of truck drivers, to get the unloaded goods onto the trains or into the warehouses of the retailers. The longshoremen can unload the ships, but need trucks to put the onto, and when the container terminal runs out of room the ships have to remain offshore. Manufacturing here would be a big help, but so would young people becoming truckers, and that is not exactly a glamorous career for someone with a degree in political science, psychology, or IT.
I work in transportation. I’ve posted about it here many times before and you people have no concept of the storm that’s brewing. In addition to everything discussed here there is a grassroots, secret movement circulating about the truckstops for October. More conservative minded Truckers have determined that leftist liberal’s have waged war on America and therefore will no longer be delivering to their cities. You were going to see chaos like you’ve never seen before. If they actually follow through with it. The initial plan was just to strike and sit out. They’re not gonna do that. They’re just not going to deliver the liberal cities scattered throughout America. Starve the liberals out. They will go absolutely nuts when they go to their local stores and the shelves are completely empty.

Old 10-08-2021, 07:19 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,787,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The color revolution is about to hit hard.... The democrat killing fields will come alive, fighting for all resources that can be pillaged. They don't teach how exactly Hitler came to power.... and the dark era, before he took it all and then some. Picking who was good enough to live.
Biden does look about 132 years old, so hmmmmm.

Old 10-08-2021, 07:43 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,488,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
The "Trump crowd" is not your enemy. You take tribalism to the extreme with your "Team Blue" garbage. Take off that jersey and try to work together. "Red and Blue" have bigger fish to fry then each other.
No they don't.

It's all about power to them.

Old 10-08-2021, 07:58 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,787,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
No they don't.

It's all about power to them.
You think your side (liberal democrats) are not about power? Give me a break.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:01 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,488,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
You think your side (liberal democrats) are not about power? Give me a break.
I'm not a Democrat. I'm not even a statist.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:06 PM

1,816 posts, read 931,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Encouraging people to hoard just makes the situation worse.

Maybe we need some entrepreneurs to start manufacturing stuff here in the US again so we are not so dependent on other countries for our goods.

Or maybe some strong young people could apply for jobs at the docks to unload all the cargo.
I encourage people to hoard everyday. If I see a good deal I’ll post it on our preparedness group page. Not gonna be unprepared and have to wait in hour long lines to get our cup of government manna for the day.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:08 PM

3,358 posts, read 1,287,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
I work in transportation. I’ve posted about it here many times before and you people have no concept of the storm that’s brewing. In addition to everything discussed here there is a grassroots, secret movement circulating about the truckstops for October. More conservative minded Truckers have determined that leftist liberal’s have waged war on America and therefore will no longer be delivering to their cities. You were going to see chaos like you’ve never seen before. If they actually follow through with it. The initial plan was just to strike and sit out. They’re not gonna do that. They’re just not going to deliver the liberal cities scattered throughout America. Starve the liberals out. They will go absolutely nuts when they go to their local stores and the shelves are completely empty.
Turn off the right wing social media and go outside, get some fresh air…meet some friends. Get that political poison out of your head.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:12 PM

17,641 posts, read 9,414,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I went into a store during a road trip and there was no meat at all. It was empty.

I saw empty shelves.. many empty shelves. It looked like the film I saw in Cuba where they have no food.
I was in Southwestern Colorado for 6 weeks this summer. Only one Grocery store in town (Kroger chain) Deli Counters very sparse, the Butcher Counter was shut down the entire time with a sign saying “Staffing issues”.

Some of these inland towns will surely suffer, I live in Texas, doom not really too concerned.
We have a major .grocery chain here that sources locally, owns their own .bakeries, owns a lot of their supply chain and farms in Mexico and Central America that ships to Texas ports + they own their own .trucks. H.E.B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies