Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2021, 08:40 AM

45,671 posts, read 24,208,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
California laws do not allow any trucks at the port that is older than 2011. No owner operators allowed either.
Somebody has been feeding you false information purposely.

About 96% of trucks serving California's major ports are already compliant with the rule, according to Karen Caesar, an information officer for the California Air Resources Board. And as of this year, 2021, only trucks with engines older than 2005 would have their registration denied. Any truck with a 2007 or newer engine is currently in compliance with the regulation.

At the port of Los Angeles all trucks with access to the port in August had 2007 or newer engines

"These rules are not new," Matt Schrap, CEO of the Harbor Trucking Association, which represents carriers at West Coast ports, told USA TODAY. "The only thing that's close to new is the DMV registration ban, but that only includes vehicles that are not currently in compliance with the rule, which does not include any of the trucks that are in operation at the ports of L.A. and Long Beach
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/8456582002/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2021, 08:41 AM

48,725 posts, read 35,331,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
There's no shortage of truck drivers. There's a problem with California banning them from working in the state.
We are short 60K truckers in the US according to one report.

The problem is not only in CA, or heck, not even only in the US, the shipping problems are worldwide.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-23-2021, 09:02 AM

Want to read what some of the truckers say are the problems

https://www.harbortruckers.com/Press-Releases

This is not MSM or a politician.

Old 10-23-2021, 09:02 AM

20,384 posts, read 9,287,844 times
gonna be a tough winter for poor people. Stay warm, stay fed.

Old 10-23-2021, 09:06 AM

5,305 posts, read 5,289,949 times
I placed my monthly on line Walmart order for pick up today, and at least 50% of what I normally order is out of stock. Definitely concerning.

Old 10-23-2021, 09:17 AM

2,051 posts, read 913,891 times
Yeah, we're all going to starve to death.

Old 10-23-2021, 09:24 AM

26,567 posts, read 13,404,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Want to read what some of the truckers say are the problems

https://www.harbortruckers.com/Press-Releases

This is not MSM or a politician.
The back up is due to a "tangled web of shifting constraints" says the newest press release. Who are creating and enforcing these constraints? Government is!

It's pay-to-play at its finest. Big Fortune 500 trucking firms who can afford newer trucks get to play, & independent truckers with older trucks must go. The Fortune 500's pay off the politicians to rig the game.

These laws were made 5+ years ago, to go into effect NOW, in 2021. The independent truckers simply can't afford to buy newer trucks, so they have been squeezed out of the ports, & out of the state. They now wait at the state line to carry freight to other states that originate at the ports in Cali, that they are prohibited from.

The Liberals in Cali have used the environment as an excuse to restrain free trade, and its working perfectly for the politicians being paid off, and for the Fortune 500's that no longer have to compete with Independents. It harms all the rest of us.

This is drives frieght bottlenecks & inflation. We are ALL paying for this gov't-caused inflation. Real inflation is easily over 10%. Remember, the Feds "Core" inflation stats do not include food or energy (gas, electric bills).

What good is an inflation metric that doesn't include food, gasoline, & electric & gas bills? Totally bogus metric used to hide the reality of sky high inflation.

Old 10-23-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The back up is due to a "tangled web of shifting constraints" says the newest press release. Who are creating and enforcing these constraints? Government is!

It's pay-to-play at its finest. Big Fortune 500 trucking firms who can afford newer trucks get to play, & independent truckers with older trucks must go. The Fortune 500's pay off the politicians to rig the game.

These laws were made 5+ years ago, to go into effect NOW, in 2021. The independent truckers simply can't afford to buy newer trucks, so they have been squeezed out of the ports, & out of the state. They now wait at the state line to carry freight to other states that originate at the ports in Cali, that they are prohibited from.

The Liberals in Cali have used the environment as an excuse to restrain free trade, and its working perfectly for the politicians being paid off, and for the Fortune 500's that no longer have to compete with Independents. It harms all the rest of us.

This is drives frieght bottlenecks & inflation. We are ALL paying for this gov't-caused inflation. Real inflation is easily over 10%. Remember, the Feds "Core" inflation stats do not include food or energy (gas, electric bills).

What good is an inflation metric that doesn't include food, gasoline, & electric & gas bills? Totally bogus metric used to hide the reality of sky high inflation.
"These rules are not new," Matt Schrap, CEO of the Harbor Trucking Association, which represents carriers at West Coast ports, told USA TODAY. "The only thing that's close to new is the DMV registration ban, but that only includes vehicles that are not currently in compliance with the rule, which does not include any of the trucks that are in operation at the ports of L.A. and Long Beach."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/8456582002/

Old 10-23-2021, 09:32 AM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/supply-...ia-ports-2021/
Neighborhood streets clogged by trucks hauling shipping containers

WHAT CLOGGED WITH TRUCKS...but somebody is telling folks no trucks can get to the ports.

Old 10-23-2021, 09:45 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,921,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It IS bad out there!

I went out to buy McCormick organic cloves, and I had to buy the STORE brand.

I'm not sure I can get through this.
I feel your pain. I was forced to buy store brand cream cheese yesterday. Not a tub of Philly in sight. I mean, c'mon, how much more of this horror show are we expected to take?!?

I will confess that I have been seeing some empty shelves over the last 18 months, and certain brands seem to be missing more often than not, but overall we are still well stocked in our stores. No one is going to starve. This is just more fearmongering to try to get people riled up and will do more harm than good when it causes people start hoarding supplies again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies