Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2021, 05:31 AM

4,994 posts, read 2,000,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLcycler View Post
Trump.. still living rent free inside liberal heads world wide!

(Those he hasn't made explode yet)

BOLDED for truth.

China drops the bomb on the world... Cuomo puts sick into nursing homes... Piglosi and Biden both trash talked Trump for shutting down travel (Xenophobic was it?)... Trump could have shutdown the economy in January while banning travel world wide along with issuing mask orders in all 50 states and the libs would have told him to go &#&# himself...

Insurrection? LOL

Impeachment? Or failed witch hunts?

Keep shoveling the BS Dems...

All of the COVID-19 information put out by the biased media was misinformation designed to manipulate the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2021, 05:39 AM

19,385 posts, read 6,538,312 times
That was a weird article. It kept saying that Trump was ranked worst by a group of historians, writing in the passive, without identifying who these historians were until later in the article.

I never took a journalism class in my life (well, maybe high school), and even I now that you report like so:

“A group of college professors ranked Trump the worst” rather than “Trump was ranked the worst by some people we’re not naming”.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:19 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,076,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
C-SPAN Announces Results of 2021 Presidential Historians Survey Trump listed at the bottom 5. This is no surprise to me.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...10/7795974002/

https://www.c-span.org/video/?513077...torians-survey
Historians lol more left sided politics and who cares

Old 07-01-2021, 11:55 AM

6,296 posts, read 3,452,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You forgot the Iraq war and Panama invasion stared by the Democratic president George HW Bush. Oh wait....

Democrats certainly did not start all the wars in the 20th century. Of the war they did engaged in, WWI and WWII was forced upon them..
The first Iraqi war was going to the aid of an ally Kuwait..after pushing Iraqi forces out of Kuwait we withdrew. After Clinton was elected he had no problem bombing Baghdad, a pill factory in Sudan or the Chinese embassy in Belgrade..

Both Harding and FDR encouraged the US to enter and supported Europe long before we entered either war. And WWI was not forced on the US and no one declared war on the US. We sent both aid and voluntary troops before the US officially entered the war. We did declare war on Germany until mid 1917. Not sure if Germany ever declared war with the US.

The same was true in WWII when American's volunteers joined China with air support long before Pearl Harbor.

Pearl Harbor was a result of the oil blockade by the allies. The US meanwhile did nothing when Japan invaded Korea and China.

The USA didn't join England and France by declaring war when Germany invaded Poland.

FYI the main Iraq war still going on today was not in the 20th century and democrats both supported and sign on and Obama didn't do anything different than what Bush was doing, in fact more American military were killed under his watch than Bush's....and Panama incident was about drugs, it wasn't anything near being a 'war'. Noriega was tried and convicted of racketeering and drug trafficking.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:58 AM

11,403 posts, read 4,106,155 times
Trump was easily the most awful president in American history. His 4 years in office were an absolute chaos.

I'm so thankful for the American people that made Trump a loser an one-term president.

Old 07-01-2021, 12:42 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,715,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Trump was easily the most awful president in American history. His 4 years in office were an absolute chaos.

I'm so thankful for the American people that made Trump a loser an one-term president.
I had thought for me that Trump would go out not quite being as bad as Bush II, but had to change my mind from Trump soliciting Georgia government officials perform voter fraud for him, one symptom of being the world's sorest loser.

Old 07-01-2021, 02:51 PM

1,162 posts, read 458,330 times
Trump is George Washington on steroids compared to Bush and Carter

Old 07-01-2021, 03:10 PM

10,372 posts, read 10,723,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Here is the actual list from CSPAN https://www.c-span.org/presidentsurv.../?page=overall

Abraham Lincoln as number one
James Buchanan as the last on the list

Trump is 4th from the bottom. https://www.c-span.org/presidentsurv...personid=20967
Here some of his numbers

Moral Authority 18.7
Crisis Leadership 26.5
Public Persuasion 43.9
I can't believe they rated Trump that high.

I saw a discussion about this on TV this morning. C-SPAN has been doing this poll since 2000. Surveys are distributed to historians, professors and other professional observers of the presidency. They are conducted following a change in administrations. 142 surveys were completed this year. They said there is not that much change in rankings from survey to survey. The changes they noted were Jackson, Nixon, and Clinton on the decline. Obama and Eisenhower moved up.

Old 07-01-2021, 04:24 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,041,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
Trump is George Washington on steroids compared to Bush and Carter
Rofl.

Washington was a great American.

Trumps a poop stain on your underpants you can’t wash out.

Old 07-01-2021, 08:53 PM

815 posts, read 740,338 times
I honestly don't think a president should be ranked until at least five years after their term has ended. That being said, it's hard to imagine Trump rising. I do also think these lists tend to overrate Obama. To me, he was a middle of the pack president, that couldn't deliver on most of what he promised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies