Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 10:40 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,697,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Historians = People who earned a worthless college degree and are forced to work in academia = liberal = don't like Trump. Not hard to understand.

I'm not saying Trump was the greatest POTUS ever, but to put Obama above him simply shows serious bias. Obama was the most divisive POTUS this country has ever had to endure. His legacy will be the vilification of law enforcement, enabling/accelerating the rise of extremist SJWs, and promoting victim culture. He will literally be remembered for orchestrating the downfall of the United States. The phrase "evil incarnate" comes up short when describing such a vile, hateful person. I can't believe people still defend that jackass.
Bias? Obama was reelected to a second term, Trump was not. He lost by 5 million votes in his reelection attempt. He was impeached twice. He will go down in disgrace for inciting an insurrection against the Capitol. He will be lucky to stay out of prison with multiple criminal investigations underway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 11:08 AM

163 posts, read 56,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Bias? Obama was reelected to a second term, Trump was not. He lost by 5 million votes in his reelection attempt. He was impeached twice. He will go down in disgrace for inciting an insurrection against the Capitol. He will be lucky to stay out of prison with multiple criminal investigations underway.
These ignorant racist Trump lackies have never let facts get in the way of a good narrative. So why would this be any different.

Literally any person who criticizes Trump MUST be a liberal or part of some conspiracy. The kool-aid these people have been drinking is clearly laced.

Old 07-04-2021, 11:12 AM

24,725 posts, read 9,524,597 times
Quote:
Bias? Obama was reelected to a second term, Trump was not.
Which is why Obama is one of the worst presidents of all time.

The man had 8 long years to improve this country, and the black community, yet he did nothing but create more divisiveness leading to his arch enemy who started the birther movement, to replace him.

Old 07-04-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Which is why Obama is one of the worst presidents of all time.

The man had 8 long years to improve this country, and the black community, yet he did nothing but create more divisiveness leading to his arch enemy who started the birther movement, to replace him.
Obama did nothing to create divisiveness. I think you're referring to Trump. Everything about Trump was about divisiveness. Obama's problem was the people who were shocked that a black man was elected President, and decided they would do everything possible to prevent him from succeeding. Your statement,

Quote:
...yet he did nothing but create more divisiveness leading to his arch enemy who started the birther movement, to replace him.
makes no sense. Trump took a lie, and promoted it for his own selfish benefit.

Old 07-04-2021, 11:51 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,135,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
C-SPAN Announces Results of 2021 Presidential Historians Survey Trump listed at the bottom 5. This is no surprise to me.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...10/7795974002/

https://www.c-span.org/video/?513077...torians-survey
Trump was awful but Obama is rated highly just because the historians who ranked presidents likely almost all voted for him. Obama was also awful: a narcissistic, Christian- and white-hating ideologue who would have loved to be a dictator too except that Republicans in Congress blocked him.

They both just show a need for the US to move away from a powerful-president system.

Old 07-04-2021, 12:00 PM

9,544 posts, read 4,372,332 times
Quote:
I've said this repeatedly - try to assimilate it this time. Pander to the unintelligent voter base with free giveaways and absolution from one's failings by blaming whitey, the rich, the police, whoever, and the idiots will come out en masse to vote for you. Got it? Why do we have to keep telling Obama apologists this repeatedly? They appear to have difficulty connecting the dots. Obama was and is a hate mongering jackass. The fact that he was elected twice proves my point. Popularity has NOTHING to do with being a good President, but it speaks volumes about the cognitive abilities of those who voted for Obama.

Old 07-04-2021, 12:31 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,348,266 times
Quote:
Obama did nothing to create divisiveness. I think you're referring to Trump. Everything about Trump was about divisiveness. Obama's problem was the people who were shocked that a black man was elected President, and decided they would do everything possible to prevent him from succeeding. Your statement,

makes no sense. Trump took a lie, and promoted it for his own selfish benefit.
So you don't remember his Apology from America tour? Or his remarks at the memorial after the Dallas 2016 mass shooting of 5 cops?

What did Obama do to help specifically black America? I'll wait. And no, not women, gays, etc.

Last edited by Marv95; 07-04-2021 at 12:44 PM..

Old 07-04-2021, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
So you don't remember his Apology from America tour? Or his remarks about police after the Dallas 2016 mass shooting of 5 cops?

What did Obama do to help specifically black America? I'll wait. And no, not women, gays, etc.
There was no such thing as an "Apology from America Tour." Obama mentioned past U.S. mistakes and flaws during speeches about the larger issues of building bridges to other countries. But he never apologized or went on an “apology tour.”

I didn't say anything about what Obama did "to help specifically black America." Maybe you're confusing me with someone else.

Old 07-04-2021, 12:52 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,135,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Authors and professors of history are the ones submitting their rankings, so I put little faith in this ranking. I'm still trying to figure out what Obama accomplished.

His main achievement was causing the election of Donald Trump in 2016.

By demonizing white working-class people, he (Obama) assured that there would be a backlash against his (Obama's) racist and classist views and policies.

Old 07-04-2021, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Authors and professors of history are the ones submitting their rankings, so I put little faith in this ranking. I'm still trying to figure out what Obama accomplished.
Maybe C-Span should've gotten representatives from the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, Aryan Brotherhood, and The Three Percenters to conduct the poll. I'm sure they would have much more insight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies