Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 11:13 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,829,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
In 2050 nobody would remember Obama or Trump. Nobody alive in 2050 will say "My taxes are too high, My healthcare and job sucks and my son is fighting is some dessert mountain in Afghanistan or Iran. Damn Obama and Trump."
And that's exactly why we, as a society, will be able to judge Obama and Trump with true historical perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2021, 11:15 AM

13,499 posts, read 4,323,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Obama rescued the economy from the Republican created Great Recession. That alone would put him in the top 10.

I'd think the president who incited an insurrection against his own country should automatically put him at the very bottom. If anything, the historians are being kind to Trump.

Suddenly the right-wing is against wars and spying.

your B.S. again. Democrats controlled CONGRESS (Pelosi, sounds familar?) during the recession and Obama extended Bush tax cuts twice and bailed out Wall Street and the recession ENDED 6 months after Obama took office. So he had NOTHING to do why it recovered. Thanks for the laugh, you never disappoint.

You have a great shot in joining these clowns. At least get paid to shovel b.s.

Old 06-30-2021, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
And that's exactly why we, as a society, will be able to judge Obama and Trump with true historical perspective.

2050? You view America today in what happened in 1991 and ignore the 30 years that has passed?

Old 06-30-2021, 11:18 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,142,266 times
The historians whose opinions will matter haven't been born yet.

Seriously you guys, you have to stop falling for all this stuff. It's just rage bait. Aren't you getting tired of being so angry all the time? You have a choice.

Old 06-30-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
2050? You view America today in what happened in 1991 and ignore the 30 years that has passed?
We are getting much better historical perspective on the Reagan and George H.W. Bush years than we had in the 90s and 2000s.

Old 06-30-2021, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:
We are getting much better historical perspective on the Reagan and George H.W. Bush years than we had in the 90s and 2000s.

No because this country has divisions of power and it was never set up for 1 person to have that much impact to the country. Even after 30 years leaving office.
30 years is a long time for all branches of power to change or add or both to whatever went down 30 to 40 years ago. 1 man is not going to change the system.

Old 06-30-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
No because this country has divisions of power and it was never set up for 1 person to have that much impact to the country. Even after 30 years leaving office.
Yet Ronald Reagan did. The fact that we are still arguing over many of the same issues that we did when Reagan was in office is proof.

Old 06-30-2021, 11:41 AM

16,148 posts, read 6,889,183 times
"By contrast, the living presidents seem much more likely to fluctuate,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I'm supposed to sit hear and and take for bible the opinions of 142 men ranking President Trump on the low end of the scale
while over 80 million Americans Love him.

Andrew Jackson " Old Hickory " paid off the National Debt, loved by Americans as a National hero for defeating British in New Orleans but so hated because he forced Native American Indian Tribes to give their lands to White Settlers. Yet there he is on every one of my $20 dollar bill every time I pull it out of my pocket. Gotta Love the spin. No wonder there is so much confusion in the streets.

Moral of the story? Nobody is Perfect ,I can easily point out 142 hypocrites and history can be rewritten.

Old 06-30-2021, 11:43 AM

6,270 posts, read 3,427,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Obama rescued the economy from the Republican created Great Recession. That alone would put him in the top 10.
You mean like destroying thousands of jobs in the auto industry? Tell me how many new Pontiac, Plymouth and Saturn you see on the road today? Obama telling Americans whose jobs which went overseas weren't coming back?

Quote:
I'd think the president who incited an insurrection against his own country should automatically put him at the very bottom. If anything, the historians are being kind to Trump.
Congress found no evidence of that.

Quote:
Suddenly the right-wing is against wars and spying. .
All the wars in the 20th century there were started when a democrat was president. WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam resulting in about 700K dead. And it was the democratic party that spied on Trump.
Quote:
Today's news that former FBI attorney Kevin Clinesmith is expected to plead guilty in the Obamagate/Spygate scandal will be tough news for journalists like Jim Acosta.
https://townhall.com/columnists/larr...eriod-n2574380

Old 06-30-2021, 11:49 AM

18,502 posts, read 8,326,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
"By contrast, the living presidents seem much more likely to fluctuate,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I'm supposed to sit hear and and take for bible the opinions of 142 men ranking President Trump on the low end of the scale
while over 80 million Americans Love him.

Andrew Jackson " Old Hickory " paid off the National Debt, loved by Americans as a National hero for defeating British in New Orleans but so hated because he forced Native American Indian Tribes to give their lands to White Settlers. Yet there he is on every one of my $20 dollar bill every time I pull it out of my pocket. Gotta Love the spin. No wonder there is so much confusion in the streets.

Moral of the story? Nobody is Perfect ,I can easily point out 142 hypocrites and history can be rewritten.
this is all you need to know.....

""Despite the fact that we've become more aware of the historical implications of racial injustice in this country and we're continuing to grapple with those issues, we still have slaveholding presidents at or near the top of the list," said Edna Greene Medford, a Howard University historian and adviser to the survey. "So even though we may be a bit more enlightened about race today, we are still discounting its significance when evaluating these presidents."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies