Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 08:03 AM

5,695 posts, read 6,305,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I agree, even in the debates and his rallies, he is putting red states against blue states. He is a divider and don't even try to fake it.
I think this is the difference. Obama was a divisive president, but I think it was unintentional and brn out of ignoring the concerns of groups of people. Now, I'm obviously not saying that's a good thing. It isn't. And it set the table for Trump capitalizing on that very problem. But with Trump it is a strategy. Threatening to withhold disaster relief from states that didn't back him is just one blatant and unconscionable example. Then the neverending rhetoric. He does not give the impression of even wanting to be the president for everyone, just his supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2020, 08:11 AM

13,004 posts, read 9,813,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I think this is the difference. Obama was a divisive president, but I think it was unintentional and brn out of ignoring the concerns of groups of people. Now, I'm obviously not saying that's a good thing. It isn't. And it set the table for Trump capitalizing on that very problem. But with Trump it is a strategy. Threatening to withhold disaster relief from states that didn't back him is just one blatant and unconscionable example. Then the neverending rhetoric. He does not give the impression of even wanting to be the president for everyone, just his supporters.
Yes, and that's just one of many things that's hurting him right now. Biden tried to capitalize on that, by saying he will be president of all America, not just blue state or red state.

Old 10-25-2020, 08:46 AM

25,902 posts, read 20,881,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the reason may be because stupid suburban white women voters value a president being nice instead of a president being effective and protecting their interests. i find the adjective nice a pejorative. i'd be insulted if anyone called me 'nice'.

black male voters may be part of the coalition for trump this election instead of some stupid suburban white women. we will see.

i still have no feel for who, trump or biden, will win in november. the huge early vote by democrats does seem to favor them, however.
“Stupid suburban white women” who have had their lives upended because Trump can’t be bothered to do his job and have had to figure out how to homeschool their kids while still working and likely also having to look after parents or other older relatives during the pandemic?
The same women that Trump thought would be mobilized by threats of POC in their neighborhoods in future while completely ignoring what they are dealing with right now?

Those “stupid suburban white women?”

They aren’t the stupid ones.

Old 10-25-2020, 08:51 AM

27,998 posts, read 29,146,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
It's not in this planet's best interest, nor any human being's on it, for Donald Trump to continue as POTUS.
It is in the vital national interest of Americans to finish building the Mexican Border Wall and stopping illegal aliens from getting into the United States.

Trump needs to be re-elected for that reason alone.

Old 10-25-2020, 08:53 AM

25,902 posts, read 20,881,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Because they are too stupid to realize they are voting against their own best interests. We’ll see how they feel when AFFH is reinstated and “affordable housing” comes right into their precious neighborhoods.
Another one who thinks that what people are living with right now should be overruled by fear-mongering from a septuagenarian racist.
That people believe that this should be the primary issue for suburban mothers - not healthcare for their children or reducing the spread of the virus so that their kids can actually go back to school - is very telling.
And what it’s telling is a very ugly story.

Old 10-25-2020, 08:56 AM

5,107 posts, read 2,349,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
“Stupid suburban white women” who have had their lives upended because Trump can’t be bothered to do his job and have had to figure out how to homeschool their kids while still working and likely also having to look after parents or other older relatives during the pandemic?
The same women that Trump thought would be mobilized by threats of POC in their neighborhoods in future while completely ignoring what they are dealing with right now?

Those “stupid suburban white women?”

They aren’t the stupid ones.
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying that Donald Trump should have figured out a way around having kids be homeschooled? The only way that could have happened would have been to say, "screw the virus, just send your kids to school." Which was probably Trump's take on it, actually.

Old 10-25-2020, 09:01 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,628,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
I can only speak to my suburb and those nearby. IMHO, the populations now include more & more "woke", clueless soccer moms and their gelded husbands who think it's "cool" to vote for the odious Democrats. 20 years ago, reliably Republican, as the older residents died off, they have been replaced by these self righteous twits.
They are of the generation that was indoctrinated by the vile teachers' unions these past 20 + years.
It's only going to get worse.
LOL that voters who have seen enough of this President's nonsense are referred to as "self righteous twits". They have the same voting rights as you do, they have every right to change their vote based on the President's behavior while in office.

Old 10-25-2020, 09:03 AM

20,402 posts, read 9,894,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
In some suburbs there is a lot of new housing and growth. The influx of new families and new voters might sway some of the counties outside of Philly in PA to have more Democratic voters. 2018 had a blue wave in these suburbs. We shall see if this helps Biden to carry PA.

Some of it is from new luxury apartments, some are starter to middle size homes, while some are luxury homes. The latter might fill with more Republican leaning individuals, but probably the new residents that fills in most of these new homes are more Democratic leaning. It partly comes down to those able to afford a luxury apartment rental or even a new home are likely employed with a college degree, and Democrats have done better with this group. Some of these residents are new to the area altogether, coming from New York or the DC area, which are even more liberal areas than the Philly region.

While suburbs in growing metro areas are leaning more Democratic, I don't know if it's universally true though. In PA, Pittsburgh metropolitan area growth is minimal. But, Butler County which is a county that is growing just north of Pittsburgh. It's a very Red county, and not sure the suburbs there are tilting more Blue if any.
That might be a good point. With lower interest rates, perhaps more lower income (not low, but lower) who have been Democrats might be moving to the suburbs. According to the following, 22% of people have moved since COVID hit. (WOW!!!) However, in reading the article, dated July 6, 2020, most of those who moved were forced to move. A more recent and more in-depth study would tell more, I think.
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...meone-who-did/

In any case, I think The only reliable measure would be to survey the SAME people every six months or so.

Old 10-25-2020, 09:05 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,590 posts, read 14,828,473 times
Personally, the people who scare me the most are the people who support tRump the man, and not tRump just because he's a Republican. I can understand though disagree with the second stance. But the first makes me think they have a different view of reality than the rest of us

Old 10-25-2020, 09:12 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,628,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Personally, the people who scare me the most are the people who support tRump the man, and not tRump just because he's a Republican. I can understand though disagree with the second stance. But the first makes me think they have a different view of reality than the rest of us
It really is fascinating the way he has taken control of their minds. I have never seen such a large group of people pretend the constant bat schitt crazy things he said and did never happened, or worse yet they perform mental gymnastics to somehow justify them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies