Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 01:27 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,652,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
I can only speak to my suburb and those nearby. IMHO, the populations now include more & more "woke", clueless soccer moms and their gelded husbands who think it's "cool" to vote for the odious Democrats. 20 years ago, reliably Republican, as the older residents died off, they have been replaced by these self righteous twits.
They are of the generation that was indoctrinated by the vile teachers' unions these past 20 + years.
It's only going to get worse.
Wow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2020, 01:31 PM

12,979 posts, read 9,688,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the reason may be because stupid suburban white women voters value a president being nice instead of a president being effective and protecting their interests. i find the adjective nice a pejorative. i'd be insulted if anyone called me 'nice'.

black male voters may be part of the coalition for trump this election instead of some stupid suburban white women. we will see.

i still have no feel for who, trump or biden, will win in november. the huge early vote by democrats does seem to favor them, however.
You can be nice and effective at the same time, lots of examples of that throughout history, all the way back to the Bible days. You can't beat conservatives complaining about how bad society is, and you have a problem with being nice.

Old 10-24-2020, 01:34 PM

8,504 posts, read 4,583,130 times
Many people are coming to their senses and realizing just how bad Trump is for the nation. He can not be allowed to do more damage.

Old 10-24-2020, 01:43 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,704,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
It was no where nearly as bad, as it is under Trump. Trump have embolden all the racist people and groups to be proud and come out, with his dog whistle and red meat he dishes out. He is a very divisive figure, and that is just one of the reason he is struggling. Decent people don't want another four years of this administration.
Oh really? The Dylan Roof shooting, Pulse nightclub shooting... that was during Obama's term.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...mass-shootings

The truth is the POTUS has very little influence on things like that. People have their own minds, and they are going to do what they're going to do, regardless of who's in the White House.

Old 10-24-2020, 01:45 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,321,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
I can only speak to my suburb and those nearby. IMHO, the populations now include more & more "woke", clueless soccer moms and their gelded husbands who think it's "cool" to vote for the odious Democrats. 20 years ago, reliably Republican, as the older residents died off, they have been replaced by these self righteous twits.
They are of the generation that was indoctrinated by the vile teachers' unions these past 20 + years.
It's only going to get worse.
You're in the Pittsburgh area, right? Which suburb do you speak of? It must be Mt. Lebanon.

Old 10-24-2020, 01:47 PM

15,653 posts, read 10,425,074 times
Quote:
You can be nice and effective at the same time, lots of examples of that throughout history, all the way back to the Bible days. You can't beat conservatives complaining about how bad society is, and you have a problem with being nice.
I wasn't nice when a private restaurant where my company had a membership wouldn't seat me, a female, without my male business client. I was my company's first female executive. I got things changed at that restaurant when i told my company what i experienced. I wasn't nice when i insisted my salary was much higher than a new male hire they were going to pay more than me and would report to me.

I never was nice in my career. I was very good at my job.

nice doesn't get things done, ipaper.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 10-24-2020 at 03:02 PM..

Old 10-24-2020, 01:54 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,321,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Because they are too stupid to realize they are voting against their own best interests. We’ll see how they feel when AFFH is reinstated and “affordable housing” comes right into their precious neighborhoods.
Or they don't know that the Democrats plan to do this. Isn't it curious that the Dems are so hush-hush about these sort of things? I haven't heard Joe Biden mention this policy in one of his 5,000,000 commercials. I wonder why?

Old 10-24-2020, 02:06 PM

30,111 posts, read 18,720,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
https://www.investors.com/news/trump...idential-poll/

One of Trump’s three favorite pollsters reported their finding that suburbanites have switched their preference this year and are anti-Trump. They stress that suburbs are where the big changes are happening, in addition to urbanites consolidating their support around the Dem candidate. Incidentally, none of Trump’s Fave 3 pollsters are showing much of outlier results this year, as all three (IBD/TIPP, Rasmussen, and USC) show Trump behind as other public surveys do.

What do you think are the reasons that American suburbs have soured on Trump?

HILARIOUS!

Trump has INCREASED support among women, blacks, and Hispanics relative to 2016.

Democrats win polls; Trump wins elections.

There are going to be "shocked" democrats on election night, as they have been fooled by liberal polls and the liberal media AGAIN.

Old 10-24-2020, 02:09 PM

25,920 posts, read 12,943,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Breakdown of those who were polled per the article, of course, you have to go clear to the bottom for this:

"The daily update of the IBD/TIPP 2020 election poll reflects a survey of 1,187 registered and 1,029 likely voters, from Oct. 19 through Oct. 23. The weighted party split of likely voters includes 391 Democrats, 337 Republicans and 296 independents."
Good catch!

What the pollster is doing, is taking the proportions of registered voters nationwide, then applying that to an area that is predominantly Red.

That is a flawed use of statistics, which makes this poll is rubbish.

If you want to poll suburbanites, poll JUST suburbanites, & don't overlay proportions that include heavy Blue urban areas...like LA, NYC, Chicago, Houston, Baltimore...ect..

Trump will win in suburbia...again. Trump will dominate rural America, and he'll lose the urban jungles, but not by as much as he did last time.

Old 10-24-2020, 02:11 PM

4,181 posts, read 4,896,360 times
Quote:
We need decency and morals back in the White House, and we wonder why society is going down the tube.
But you think lying creepy sleepy pedo Joe who hides in his basement and likes it when children rub his hairy legs and jumps on his lap has morals...???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies