Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 02:44 PM

24,279 posts, read 15,377,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Because they are too stupid to realize they are voting against their own best interests. We’ll see how they feel when AFFH is reinstated and “affordable housing” comes right into their precious neighborhoods.
Funny, I thought we were supposed to vote for what's best for this nation, not what's best for me.

I live in a town that puts low income housing all over the place so it would not be a problem for anybody in my here. Well perhaps those old communities that had sundown laws and were restricted to white Christians. Some never even changed those restrictions even though they are illegal.

Looking at school demographics, many of the schools in Harris county have 50-60% economically disadvantaged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2020, 02:53 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,908 posts, read 2,095,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No mature adult with a family in a “well off suburban neighborhood” is gonna cast a vote out of the need to virtue signal. That’s nonsense. They have way too much at stake to do that. That is, unless you’re telling me that your “well off suburb” is populated by nothing but idiots. If you’re postulating that point, I won’t argue with you since I don’t live there. Only thing is, if you’re asserting the idiocy claim, then you can’t make yourself the exception.

So which is it?
No it's not, because they're just as insecure if not more so than an average American. By casting vote for Biden they make themselves feel better. There's not much at stake for them....at this point. If down the road he proves to be a tax and spend Democrat, I'm sure they'll reconsider.

But, when it comes to real meat and potatoes, like paying more taxes, they're voting against that as I've already said.

What, you think just because a household makes $150k to $200k a year they're somehow immune to social influences? That basic human psychology doesn't apply to them?

Old 10-24-2020, 03:01 PM

11,519 posts, read 14,774,493 times
Women in the suburbs can't stand him.

Old 10-24-2020, 03:01 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,443,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
At least white women aren't stuck on "stupid" and always voting for democrats .
Oh...so white women are just intermittently stupid, huh?

Okay. I’m not gonna argue. It ain’t my fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
No it's not, because they're just as insecure if not more so than an average American. By casting vote for Biden they make themselves feel better. There's not much at stake for them....at this point. If down the road he proves to be a tax and spend Democrat, I'm sure they'll reconsider.

But, when it comes to real meat and potatoes, like paying more taxes, they're voting against that as I've already said.

What, you think just because a household makes $150k to $200k a year they're somehow immune to social influences? That basic human psychology doesn't apply to them?
Lol...I’m from Scottsdale, Arizona dude. $150k to 200k in household income ain’t all that impressive. Naturally, they don’t have immunity from the social zeitgeist. You’d need a helluva lot more money than that to be impervious to your surroundings.

So you’re not telling me anything that I don’t know.

Old 10-24-2020, 03:20 PM

5,107 posts, read 2,349,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
In my well-off suburban neighborhood bubble there's definitely been more push to put "equality" at the forefront. In my little area, blacks represent maybe half a percent of all households, yet I've seen at least half a dozen BLM signs.
Heheheh.....me too. Except I've seen a lot more than six BLM signs. If you ask me, they should first put "Black Lives Exist" signs in front of their houses. We should first establish that black people actually exist, before we claim that they matter. Because living in that neighborhood, you would never know it.

Old 10-24-2020, 03:21 PM

18,994 posts, read 7,848,461 times
What changed in the “suburbs” between 2016 and 2020?

Riots.

Police not responding.

Democrats staging ridiculous, highly public disruptions of speeches, rallies, and even Congressional hearings.

Covid.

Old 10-24-2020, 03:23 PM

5,107 posts, read 2,349,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Most suburbs are economically center right and socially liberal these days. You can be against police brutality and also be well off. Biden is also a center right candidate.

You sound bitter.
Ah, it sounds like you're one of those residents of a lily-white suburb who has a Black Lives Matter sign in front of your house. In which case, I'm curious: if you like black people so much, why don't you live near any black people?

Old 10-24-2020, 03:30 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,184,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
I can only speak to my suburb and those nearby. IMHO, the populations now include more & more "woke", clueless soccer moms and their gelded husbands who think it's "cool" to vote for the odious Democrats. 20 years ago, reliably Republican, as the older residents died off, they have been replaced by these self righteous twits.
They are of the generation that was indoctrinated by the vile teachers' unions these past 20 + years.
It's only going to get worse.
Best.Post.Ever!

For those of you who only skim these posts, in case you missed it, here are the key words from above. So, so, soooo worth repeating:
  • "woke"
  • gelded husbands
  • self righteous twits
  • vile teachers' unions

Old 10-24-2020, 03:31 PM

38,796 posts, read 26,618,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
People got tired of Trump playing neighbor against neighbor. They want things to be normal again.
Normal under O-biden sucked!

Old 10-24-2020, 03:32 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,590 posts, read 14,824,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
Best.Post.Ever!

For those of you who only skim these posts, in case you missed it, here are the key words from above. So, so, soooo worth repeating:
  • "woke"
  • gelded husbands
  • self righteous twits
  • vile teachers' unions
Those were the reasons I thought it was a horrible post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies