Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 05:14 PM

5,107 posts, read 2,342,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Interesting that the perception is that the AFFH didn’t also cover senior housing as it certainly was designed to include age discrimination.
People just hear what they want to hear, I guess, and a lot of people sure want to hear “all lower income people are criminals.”

“ A senior living association said it is “disappointed and concerned” with the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s announcement that it will terminate an Obama-era rule, reversing 2015 regulations designed to reduce housing discrimination and segregation.
“Requiring local governments to take proactive steps to protect and further fair housing access is critically important for older adults of all walks of life,” LeadingAge President and CEO Katie Smith Sloan told McKnight’s Senior Living. “Our membership of affordable senior housing providers help older adults find a safe and dignified place to age, and we rely on our partners in government to pave the way. During a pandemic that has hurt older adult and racial minority communities the most, we need to make sure fair housing protections are strong.”“

https://www.mcknightsseniorliving.co...living-leader/
Well I've never heard of it being about seniors. That seems like two separate issues to me: low-income housing is low-income housing, and senior housing is senior housing. From what I've read a main function of this rule is to ensure that kids go to "good schools."

You didn't tell us what town you live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2020, 05:19 PM

5,107 posts, read 2,342,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Good grief. Of course not all lower income people are criminals. Matter of fact, the vast majority of low income people are not criminals. None of that changes the fact that crime rates of an area correlates with poverty rates.

Experts Explain Movement of Crime
American Murder Mystery
I have to wonder: who commits all of the crime that goes on in the hood, if not the people who live there? Of course these days some people probably think that white supremacists cause all of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies