Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 11:39 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,746,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Seems the IMF is already getting a wee bit afraid of the revolutionaries:

IMF warns second bailout would 'threaten democracy' - Times Online

If we've scared the IMF, it's a good day.
Yes you seem to have a problem with DEMOCRACY

So where's the Revolution, bring it on. No Mercy this time

Old 11-23-2009, 11:55 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,321,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Yes you seem to have a problem with DEMOCRACY

So where's the Revolution, bring it on. No Mercy this time
It took years of colonists killing pro-government British forces and vice versa before the revolution actually began. Don't expect things to happen overnight. Of course I have a problem with democracy, and any sane person would since we live in a republic instead. The first two federal reserve banks in America failed and I don't expect the third to live for more than a decade or two. Also, don't forget Jefferson's quote about the blood of tyrants.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:06 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,796,941 times
There is no time for armed revolution. The elite will use the military and civilian organizations under their control to crush all rebellions. Instead the arms should be directed to the elite who themselves are largely cowards and defenseless.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:10 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,420,923 times
It's interesting that an armed revolution has taken place in Texas. And it was a crazed Islamist who killed fellow American soldiers! America will not tolerate any armed terrorists, Republican or not, and will straighten out Texas just like during the Civil War.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:11 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,746,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
There is no time for armed revolution. The elite will use the military and civilian organizations under their control to crush all rebellions. Instead the arms should be directed to the elite who themselves are largely cowards and defenseless.
Well for all the phoney posturing I see on the internet, I though some wingnuts would lead the charge. I for one am sick to death of empty threats and brandishing weapons, they can do it or learn tyo live in a DEMOCRACY

Old 11-23-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
It's interesting that an armed revolution has taken place in Texas. And it was a crazed Islamist who killed fellow American soldiers! America will not tolerate any armed terrorists, Republican or not, and will straighten out Texas just like during the Civil War.
I highly doubt anyone here would initiate a fire exchange with pro-government forces unlike the Islamic extremist you mentioned. It would likely start as an act of self-defense for asserting their 10th amendment right. Any propaganda made by pro-government sympathizers to associate the two groups of people would be epic fail in my estimation.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I highly doubt anyone here would initiate a fire exchange with pro-government forces unlike the Islamic extremist you mentioned. It would likely start as an act of self-defense for asserting their 10th amendment right. Any propaganda made by pro-government sympathizers to associate the two groups of people would be epic fail in my estimation.
Timothy McVeigh was a Republican!

Old 11-23-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Timothy McVeigh was a Republican!
Timothy McVeigh also struck first. All the king's horses and all the king's men will be unable to spin thousands of folks defending themselves as disgruntled insurgents.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Timothy McVeigh also struck first. All the king's horses and all the king's men will be unable to spin thousands of folks defending themselves as disgruntled insurgents.
What's the difference between McVeigh and Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan?

Old 11-23-2009, 12:23 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,323,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Well for all the phoney posturing I see on the internet, I though some wingnuts would lead the charge. I for one am sick to death of empty threats and brandishing weapons, they can do it or learn tyo live in a DEMOCRACY
I believe you are wrong to out and out dismiss the strong possibility of violent conflicts in the future - Millions of Americans are totally tire of the way our government is running things - and especially the way many on the left are trying to control our lives - "cradle to the grave"

The people are the Government. The Government OF the People -

The Government is NOT suppose to tell people what to do.

You seem to have forgotten this basic lesson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies