Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2009, 08:20 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,939,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Be wary of those who claim to "love their country" to an extreme level of nationalism.
You mean like those posting here about wanting to intern fellow Americans in camps and murder them????

Old 11-28-2009, 08:27 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,580,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123cop View Post
I really don't want our citizens to revolt. A poll on here showed that 31% of people think 9/11 was an inside job. I really think the American people are just getting more stupid every minute. I'll take our broken govt over the moron public running this country.
wow!!! CHAVEZ,CASTRO.ALSO THINK THE CITIZENS OF THIER COUNTRY ARE A BUNCH OF MORON.AT LEAST YOU GET TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE MORON AND A BROKEN DOWN GOVT AND THAT IS YOUR WILL,YOUR FREEDOM,YOUR CHOICE.THE CITIZENS OF THOSE OTHER NATIONS THIER ONLY CHOICE IS A BROKEN DOWN GOVT.31% of those people who think 9/11 was an inside job. every single one of them 31% voted for this broken down govt.in america the morons and the govt are one and the same

Old 11-28-2009, 09:31 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,580,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
None of that makes any sense, your comparisons are asinine, and your entire post, much like this thread, shows just how dangerous ignorance can be. Combine this ignorance with the shrieking of Glenn Beck, Bill O'Rally and Sean Insanity and you have millions of really stupid people blaming President Obama for the sins of the idiot frat boy from Texas
obamba ran for office to fix the problems frat boy cause and so far he has manage to triple the problems.while blaming frat boy.all have to say if obamba cant take the heat step out of the office the fact we are talking revolution here is because america has no leader,obamba is a follower there is a big viod in america with out a leader so naturaly americans have to look for one person who can lead this nation.the( he did it,not my fault) excuse is a quality of a follower.take charge,take control take responsibilty,qualities of a leader of witch,obamba has none

Old 11-28-2009, 10:33 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,353,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I agree...are you a government stooge who supports the incarceration and killing of your fellow Americans or do you believe in the documents that founded this nation.
A pro-government stooge "hanging around" some "domestic terrorists" (aka housewives and blue collar workers).

http://www.osaarchivum.org/updates/2006/vatf_ws/tj_revenge.jpg (broken link)

Doesn't look like the people hanging around the spitting lady were fixing to support the government.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Sorry I don't think people are going to be leaving for Mexico or Canada, because some schmu*ck who decided to blow up a federal building was dealt with,by lethal force. But your welcome to try if it suits you.
I'm just speaking about the effect watching incarcerated folks. It will be unlikely that just a few people will be led into camps. Camps are meant to hold thousands or tens of thousands of people. Citizens, the educated and productive ones anyway, will realize that the government is actually their enemy and they will either join the resistance or leave the country, more likely the latter. A better life can be had in Australia, Canada, or most anywhere if it came to the scenario I described. Borrowing from comic book guy on the Simpsons:

Biggest...brain drain...ever.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:43 AM

The best part of any rebellion is the sheer number of YouTubers who will film any atrocities done by the government in order to "maintain order". While the internet can be shut down domestically, the videos will still get out through satellite feeds and other media.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:13 AM

17,522 posts, read 24,798,691 times
I've been watching the News all day not a thing about any blowhard Armed Revolution, how sad.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I've been watching the News all day not a thing about any blowhard Armed Revolution, how sad.
You've also not seen the scenario I mentioned play out. You are putting the cart before the horse. On a similar note, we're still at war with North Korea yet you hear nothing of it, primarily because of the stalemate and the US taking a defensive position behind the DMZ. If the N. Koreans (aka US government) advances past the DMZ, the US military (aka armed rebellion) will open fire and amass casualties on the N. Koreans. Until then, you won't see much on the news about Korea.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:50 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,760,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
wow.

If you're too selfish as an income group, you must be forced to contribute to society, even the ones who've already contributed via charity. Thanks for proving my point. Forcing assets from productive individuals is the antithesis of evolution.
I don't agree with forcing assets from productive individuals. The reality is, however, that people of all income levels have proven themselves unwilling to voluntarily contribute to a health care system that protects all life.

They have all proven themselves to be pro-choice - allowing insurance companies to choose who shall survive and who shall be killed.

Sometimes morality must be forced by the hand of law until a society is evolved enough to carry it out willfully.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Sometimes morality must be forced by the hand of law until a society is evolved enough to carry it out willfully.
So you agree with the evangelical crowd that committing abortion should be a felony and present jail time to women who have it done to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies