Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2019, 12:47 PM

10,565 posts, read 6,270,676 times

Advertisements

Trump is in full-on dictator mode again.

https://twitter.com/billmaher/status...808995328?s=19

All he needs now is a dictator costume like Blofeld and he will be complete.

Last edited by Cruithne; 07-02-2019 at 12:57 PM..

Old 07-02-2019, 12:48 PM

12,264 posts, read 6,564,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Trump Derangement Syndrome is real, folks!
Real TDS is thinking that there`s nothing wrong with the Groper in Chief.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:55 PM

25,013 posts, read 17,780,921 times
It would be cool to see a "newly" refurbished Sherman next to a modern day Abrams.

Trump might not know his tanks but no one can fault his enthusiasm for America.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:56 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,873,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I want to see big ole missiles parading down the street like Kim Jung Un does.

pfft...who wants to see some old big tankers on the side of the road.

Wonder if they will let the kids climb all over them.
I think alot of people would like to see parades like this in the US, I definitely would.

Places like North Korea and Russia do it, to show how impressive their militaries are, no reason why the US shouldnt do the same.

Concerns about the streets and tanks running on them is just dumb, the tracks have rubber plates on them, so it would not damage the road surface at all.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:58 PM

7,461 posts, read 2,969,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The United States is now seen in the eyes of the world the way Macron, Theresa May, and Christine Lagarde, the International Monetary Fund managing director looked at Ivanka when she tried to butt into a conversation where she wasn't welcome.

We have been considerably diminished by this nitwit adminstration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slfg_0BnCC4
It is far and away better than the community organizer from Kenya.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:59 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,724,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
In a recent statement about the military display on the DC mall Trump states

"You've got to be pretty careful with the tanks because the roads have a tendency not to like to carry heavy tanks so we have to put them in certain areas but we have the brand new Sherman tanks and we have the brand new Abrams tanks,"

The US military has not used the Sherman tanks since WW II and the 1950s.

I guess he is going to show off brand new B-25 bombers and M1 rifles as well.
Are the Minute Men and the drummer and fife player going to be there too ? It is going to be so entertaining, seeing Mr. Pomp and Circumstance standing up there, acting as if he gives a damn about the Fourth of July. He just looks for any opportunity to stand in front of any crowd, so he figures this one will be yuge. Problem is, a good percentage of the people he will be addressing think he is an idiot, so this should be good.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:01 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,429,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The whole event is disgusting. Trump has taken a National celebration of American independence where traditionally all Americans of all colors and heritage have unified and come together to celebrate our shared democracy and freedom and turned it into a day of personal glorification of Donald John Trump. The mark of a true dictator and authoritarian.

Anybody believe that he won't politicize the event and make it all about himself is delusional.

"It's all about Meeeeeeee, It's all about Meeeeeee,
Wherever I go, whatever I do,
It's....All......About...….Meeeeeeeeeee!"

FYI, I'm having a John McCain Tee shirt delivered via Amazon on Weds. Just in time to wear for the 4th.
For his celebration for ALL Americans, Trump is of course having a VIP section for family, one-percent donors and flunkies. Good to know all Americans are equal in his eyes. Give me a break---a VIP section for the upper class while the commoners can mingle in steerage. But he's for the average guy right?

In addition, he is taking what is supposed to a day for Americans to celebrate in a non-partisan manner. Now its a MAGA rally and you can be sure there will be protesters. The Proud Boys are on their way and most likely to be met by Antifa, with both groups looking for trouble.

Trump has taken an American family holiday and turned it into a re-election MAGA Rally with a salute to Kim Jong Un. Makes me want to throw up. At least the blimp is also going.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:04 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,724,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I think alot of people would like to see parades like this in the US, I definitely would.

Places like North Korea and Russia do it, to show how impressive their militaries are, no reason why the US shouldnt do the same.

Concerns about the streets and tanks running on them is just dumb, the tracks have rubber plates on them, so it would not damage the road surface at all.

What, just WHAT ??? Do you realize the typical M1 weighs about 62 TONS. You could put rubber tires on one and it would still put ruts down most paved streets. At least Trump would be creating jobs...…...jobs for street paving crews !

28,122 posts, read 12,873,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
For his celebration for ALL Americans, Trump is of course having a VIP section for family, one-percent donors and flunkies. Good to know all Americans are equal in his eyes. Give me a break---a VIP section for the upper class while the commoners can mingle in steerage. But he's for the average guy right?

In addition, he is taking what is supposed to a day for Americans to celebrate in a non-partisan manner. Now its a MAGA rally and you can be sure there will be protesters. The Proud Boys are on their way and most likely to be met by Antifa, with both groups looking for trouble.

Trump has taken an American family holiday and turned it into a re-election MAGA Rally with a salute to Kim Jong Un. Makes me want to throw up. At least the blimp is also going.
An 'American family holiday'?

You do realize we are celebrating the victors of the American Revolution, right? those who resorted to violence and disobedience, to overthrow a govt?

2,688 posts, read 4,249,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Hmmmm, I wonder if those tanks will be fully armed.
Maybe President Bonespurs will order them to shoot down the Trump Baby Blimp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies