Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 09:50 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times

Advertisements

Democrats are anti Trump and have been doing a good job of keeping the heat on, but being anti Trump wasn't sufficient for them to win 2016. So what are Democrats doing internally to fix the electoral mess they're in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 09:53 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Democrats are anti Trump and have been doing a good job of keeping the heat on, but being anti Trump wasn't sufficient for them to win 2016. So what are Democrats doing internally to fix the electoral mess they're in.
Encouraging their constituents to block traffic and destroy property?

Old 02-11-2017, 10:00 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,141 times
Absolutely nothing. If anything they're doubling down on the behavior that made them lose.
Their contempt for Trump voters and refusal to see that they are not all racist, homophobic, xenophobic, "deplorables" is not abating.

Hillary refuses to blame everyone but herself, from Russia to Obama to Comey.
Truth is, if the DNC hadn't decided to anoint Hillary they likely could have won.

The vagina hats and the violent protests aren't doing much to endear them the middle America where they lost votes.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:14 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Encouraging their constituents to block traffic and destroy property?
Most of the demonstrations are peaceful. We are taking a leaf out of the tea party tactics and will keep the pressure on.

1. Donating money to the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, the NAACP, the Southern Poverty Law Center, etc.
2. Donating money in swing districts so that we can pick up seats in 2018.
3. Keeping the pressure on by showing up at town halls, offices, and other events where the Senators and Representatives are appearing.
4. Calling their phone lines every single day about at least one issue we care about.
5. Writing letters, emailing, signing petitions (these are less effective, but they are also being done)
6. Talking to our neighbors and others who never were involved in politics before to get a grass roots resistance going.

You have no idea what is happening all across this country. People are angry and also scared a bit by the authoritarian direction the country is headed.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Most of the demonstrations are peaceful.
They are?
Photos of the Violent Protests of Trump's Inauguration

Old 02-11-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Most of the demonstrations are peaceful.
LOL... I'll tell that to my friend who just this moment sent me a picture of some protesters who showed up to his job site in hoodies, face paint, masks, and with clubs... I'll be sure and tell him they're there to be peaceful. You can blow unicorns and rainbows up someone else's butt.... I'm not buying it anymore.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
LOL... I'll tell that to my friend who just this moment sent me a picture of some protesters who showed up to his job site in hoodies, face paint, masks, and with clubs... I'll be sure and tell him they're there to be peaceful. You can blow unicorns and rainbows up someone else's butt.... I'm not buying it anymore.
Most of the demonstrations are NOT peaceful and many will defend, deny and try to ignore the violence that happens in them.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:27 AM

2,330 posts, read 3,813,173 times
The reasons that Trump supporters don't like the Democrats are different than the reasons why the Democrats lost. The Democrats lost because their base stayed home. Turn out was low because progressives and the young were less than enthusiastic about Clinton. If the Democrats want to win, they need to reject the corporatist wing and turn to the populist left, which is what they are doing. It is a mirror of what the Republicans did, first with the Tea Party and then with Trump. You guys are going to love President Ellison in 2020.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
You guys are going to love President Ellison in 2020.
And if we don't can we burn sh*t down and march in the middle of the street so you can't get to work in the morning?

Old 02-11-2017, 10:30 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
The reasons that Trump supporters don't like the Democrats are different than the reasons why the Democrats lost. The Democrats lost because their base stayed home. Turn out was low because progressives and the young were less than enthusiastic about Clinton. If the Democrats want to win, they need to reject the corporatist wing and turn to the populist left, which is what they are doing. It is a mirror of what the Republicans did, first with the Tea Party and then with Trump. You guys are going to love President Ellison in 2020.

But Democrats kept saying Trump was so unacceptable people would come out to vote for Hillary just to keep Trump out. Guess most people
Didn't feel he was that bad lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies