Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 12:45 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
The problem is we are a MAJORITY now...over three million more votes in the last election...and we can't influence the government in any way right now. Protest is the only means we have of being heard.
Coming up with real ideas and solutions come to mind as another way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 12:53 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What exactly is mainstream America

Middle America. Dems are down to Acela Belt plus Wacko West Coast, but lost all 2,000 plus miles in between.

ACELA plus West Coast < 270.

No Rust Belt SWEEP for Team Blue = no POTUS. Simply winning say 2 of 3 (Michigan, Wisconsin, & Ohio) not enough. Team Red adds 6-12 seats in southeast soon from Blue via census as Team Blue residents flee NY and like states.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:54 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Democrats are anti Trump and have been doing a good job of keeping the heat on, but being anti Trump wasn't sufficient for them to win 2016. So what are Democrats doing internally to fix the electoral mess they're in.
I guess if they want to win that badly, then they'll just have to campaign harder. The way they're behaving, by inciting threats and violence and rioting, is going to turn more people away from that party as time goes on. People are going to get tired of it. Democrats, or people that say they are, are just simply making nuisances and fools of themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Encouraging their constituents to block traffic and destroy property?
That's exactly what's happening. They're offering a distinction between the way they behave and the rest of us peaceful, law-abiding citizens who'd much rather see peace in our world.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:58 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
The problem is we are a MAJORITY now....

NOPE you aren't. No one achieved 50% in 2016. No one.

Bill Clinton 1992 btw got 43% of the vote. 3% less than POTUS Trump. Was BC not legit?

Old 02-12-2017, 01:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
LOL... I'll tell that to my friend who just this moment sent me a picture of some protesters who showed up to his job site in hoodies, face paint, masks, and with clubs... I'll be sure and tell him they're there to be peaceful. You can blow unicorns and rainbows up someone else's butt.... I'm not buying it anymore.
Those are paid agitators furnished courtesy of the Koch brothers. Do not kid yourself here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Most of the demonstrations are NOT peaceful and many will defend, deny and try to ignore the violence that happens in them.
Most of the demonstrations were peaceful; I hate to tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
For every "progressive " vote someone like Ellison would get he would lose one moderate and independent
No moderate Democrats will be voting for Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
The only violence at the march in St Paul came from the right.
Exactly.

I think the Democratic party is trying to analyze their losses - I mean it's not like you guys are present at their retreat.

That said, there is a fight within the Democratic party for who will reign - moderate Democrats? Or more left Bernie Democrats?

Old 02-12-2017, 01:05 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
The Candidate HRC is a Criminal and the Collusion of the party to win at all cost is the reason for their huge lost.

Trump is the result of the dejection of HRC.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:29 PM

2,642 posts, read 1,371,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Coming up with real ideas and solutions come to mind as another way.
A majority of the public decided that we have been doing just that. You simply don't like them...but that is the minority view.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:31 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
NOPE you aren't. No one achieved 50% in 2016. No one.

Bill Clinton 1992 btw got 43% of the vote. 3% less than POTUS Trump. Was BC not legit?

President: Republican
Senate: Republican
House: Republican
Supreme Court: Conservative
State Legislature: majority Republican
Governorships: 33 of 50 Republican

Dems: worst shape since the 1920s and face an unfavorable 2018 Senate map

Old 02-12-2017, 02:36 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Democrats are anti Trump and have been doing a good job of keeping the heat on, but being anti Trump wasn't sufficient for them to win 2016. So what are Democrats doing internally to fix the electoral mess they're in.
Has it at all occurred to you that they're doing something right now? All that happened to the Democrats that can be easily addressed is the lack of people showing up to vote.

Trump won due to Obama backlash and a general dislike of Clinton, despite her actual qualifications.

Once Trump screws up some more, the pendulum will swing back into the other direction. This happens pretty often. See: Most other elections in our lifetimes.

Seriously... Bush Sr's win was a fluke and he could only hold the office for one term, just like Carter did (his election was Nixon backlash).

Sooo... the back and forth thing is the norm.

This isn't some "wow... the Dems suddenly cannot do ANYTHING right and the Repubs are GENIUSES" deal.

Trump may completely ruin the Republican party.

I'm not a party person, so I don't really care.

But, to harp on the Dems like they all (as a group of citizens) went out and did some terrible thing that the Repubs (as a group) would NEVER do is just not reasonable.

After all, the Repubs voted for an inexperienced, inept, lying, hypocritical, ***** grabber for president.

I guess they wanted an R in office more than they wanted their self esteem.

Eh. They'll regret it.

Some already do.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:41 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
President: Republican
Senate: Republican
House: Republican
Supreme Court: Conservative
State Legislature: majority Republican
Governorships: 33 of 50 Republican

Dems: worst shape since the 1920s and face an unfavorable 2018 Senate map
Gerrymandering tends to do that.

Do you know why the Rs are in such a hurry to do stuff that they're hanging on to Trump even though he's a loon?

Because they know that the backlash for Trump will come in 2018 and while it may not overtake all offices, it'll seriously cut into their numbers.

Because there are plenty of moderate Rs and Independents who will find themselves presented with the opportunity to vote for a moderate Dem for a Senate or House seat and they'll quietly do just that.

Add to that the Dems who do not usually vote who are disgusted with Trump and Congress and you will see some changes in 2018, no matter whether districts are gerrymandered or not.

Even among Republicans, the old school, super conservative ways are dying out.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies