Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2019, 04:47 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
That's not what you asked....here is what you asked:

You called nor pointed out anything, I responded to what you wrote.........now, you want to be specific....

Or you saying that no presidents have ever given a speech at the 4th of July celebration in DC?

And you reading comprehension is not very good....go back, read, attempt to comprehend, then get back with us....
I'll make it a little easier for you. Name one president who gave a speech on July 4 anywhere within the city limits of Washington, D.C., i.e., not limited to just the National Mall.

Old 06-26-2019, 05:26 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'll make it a little easier for you. Name one president who gave a speech on July 4 anywhere within the city limits of Washington, D.C., i.e., not limited to just the National Mall.

There you go smallie....now you are being specific....

However, I answered that question earlier.....either way, a quick search, show this....

Your boy obama did, at the white house.....unless you consider the white house, not in the limits of washingtion DC...

Quote:
The President and the First Lady celebrated the Fourth of July by hosting military heroes and their families for an Independence Day celebration with a barbeque, concert and a view of fireworks on the South Lawn.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/fourth-of-july

Old 06-26-2019, 05:35 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,344,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The President that kept the union together is a great place to celebrate the birth and union of the nation !!!
If the speech weren't being given by a President who is bent on exploiting it solely for his personal gain and to massage his overblown ego, I would agree with you.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:29 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
There you go smallie....now you are being specific....

However, I answered that question earlier.....either way, a quick search, show this....

Your boy obama did, at the white house.....unless you consider the white house, not in the limits of washingtion DC...

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/fourth-of-july
"President Obama delivers remarks at the White House 4th of July celebration honoring military families." Are you calling this a speech? In any event, if Trump shows as much class and dignity as Obama did in these few remarks (2 minutes or less time) I'll say I was wrong and you were right. But if Trump is in his usual bloviating campaign mode and babbles on for 15 minutes or more it will be a fiasco. We'll see.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:36 PM

1,156 posts, read 940,546 times
It's hard work to keep the outrage up every single day.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:39 PM

57,239 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
"President Obama delivers remarks at the White House 4th of July celebration honoring military families." Are you calling this a speech? In any event, if Trump shows as much class and dignity as Obama did in these few remarks (2 minutes or less time) I'll say I was wrong and you were right. But if Trump is in his usual bloviating campaign mode and babbles on for 15 minutes or more it will be a fiasco. We'll see.
The July 4th celebrations are normally used by presidents to welcome new immigrants, they normally remain in the background, Even Nixon not present for his ill conceived celebration that ended in a riot back in the 1970's. I don't see this turning out much differently because of the time we live.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:44 PM

32,053 posts, read 15,049,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
^^^^^^^^^^That's opinion !!!

Another one is the President should lead and leading the American birthday celebration is a greaaaaat idea !!!

When the President succeeds we all succeed !!! America first !!! USA, USA, USA !!!!
Oh please. This isn't about Trump. Of course he's making it about himself though. We don't need him speaking

Old 06-26-2019, 10:32 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,099,376 times
I suppose some people object to Trump's plans because we can learn from history. He will not speak about the history, the traditions, the accomplishments of this country. He will not speak about all the groups of people who made this country great. He will talk about himself. He will tell us all the GREAT things he has done and how everyone is picking on him, and he will probably throw in "No collusion." It would be nice if he could, for once, act like the president of the whole country, speaking to everyone. But he won't. He make it all about himself, and he will speak to his base. It will be a campaign speech, and have nothing to do with real patriotism.

Old 06-26-2019, 10:34 PM

32,053 posts, read 15,049,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I suppose some people object to Trump's plans because we can learn from history. He will not speak about the history, the traditions, the accomplishments of this country. He will not speak about all the groups of people who made this country great. He will talk about himself. He will tell us all the GREAT things he has done and how everyone is picking on him, and he will probably throw in "No collusion." It would be nice if he could, for once, act like the president of the whole country, speaking to everyone. But he won't. He make it all about himself, and he will speak to his base. It will be a campaign speech, and have nothing to do with real patriotism.
You are absolutely correct.

Old 06-27-2019, 03:52 AM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
This is the most ridiculous thing to fight about. People seem to be "mind reading" what will happen and then telling us why Orange Man Bad. I'm especially amused by this :

He will not speak about the history, the traditions, the accomplishments of this country. He will not speak about all the groups of people who made this country great. He will talk about himself.

If you were paying attention you'd know all Trump does is talk about the history, traditions and accomplishments of this country. He's the USA's biggest cheerleader and takes every opportunity to recognize individuals who've contributed to it. Are you too busy tearing down statues to actually listen to him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies