Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2019, 10:15 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,751,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I mean, there are C.T that are pretty out there. Or a lot of them actually.
However, it's incredibly naïve to believe everything that is being said to us. People that believe that government officials can do nothing shady or criminal. But then again. Those are the people also blindly stand behind their governments every move, and never question it. Like Trump for instance. You can still vote for him without being a sheep so to speak. Again, when talking about the US government, we common people really have no clue what is going on. lol

I loved the show House of Cards when it started.lol
Honestly, I would not be at all surprised if even the REALLY 'out there' CTs had some level of truth to them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 10:21 AM

9,045 posts, read 3,554,639 times
Quote:

I believe the reality is much more like VEEP than House of Cards.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:24 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,346,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The closest thing to a conspiracy-theory that I believe, is that the wealthy and the corporations control the government through their control of the corporate mass-media. And that they manipulate everyone to make sure either nothing changes at all, or only changes that benefit them. They can get lefties clamoring for war, and conservatives demanding more spending, because of this idiotic team-sport called democracy.

As for your list...

1) I think Obama was born in Hawaii. It doesn't make sense why his mother would travel to Kenya to give birth. Especially for her first pregnancy.

2) Obama was a Muslim in the same sense that many children are Christians. They are whatever their parents are, and he was living in Indonesia. I also don't think Obama is a "true Christian", but I think he likes the fellowship, and I do think he believes in something like a god.

3) The Las Vegas shooting is such a strange thing that I have no idea what to think of it. But he shot a thousand rounds. It only seemed accurate because he was firing into a crowd. And almost no discussion about gun-control even came out of it, and almost no one ever talks about it.

4) I don't think they were trying to murder Finicum, but I do think it was another example of excessive force. The Waco Siege falls into the same camp. The Federal government tried to be tough-guys and got a lot of people killed.

5) I think if Obama wanted to kill Scalia he would have done it a long time ago. It wasn't politically-advantageous under the circumstances, and a conspiracy of that nature is difficult to hide. If anything, Scalia's death helped Trump by motivating Republicans.

6) Smollett has rich and well-connected privilege. If it wasn't Obama, it was countless others in Chicago just like him. Had Smollett been poor, he would be going to prison.
Yes--those are your opinions.

Unfortunately you have no facts to back them up. You do not even have alternative facts. It's all your opinion and speculation.

I don't believe conspiracy theories -- things do cross my mind regarding corruption in the WH, but I am not going to express them out loud--I'll wait and see. The truth usually comes out in the end, even if it is 20 years later.

Conspiracy theories are as valuable as fairy tales.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:25 AM

16,234 posts, read 5,923,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
That there is no real difference between the conservatives and the liberals. Wait never mind that’s not a theory.
LOL I believe that too.

I also believe that LBJ gave Israel a free pass for their attack on the USS Liberty.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:28 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,346,830 times
Quote:
I mean, there are C.T that are pretty out there. Or a lot of them actually.
However, it's incredibly naïve to believe everything that is being said to us. People that believe that government officials can do nothing shady or criminal. But then again. Those are the people also blindly stand behind their governments every move, and never question it. Like Trump for instance. You can still vote for him without being a sheep so to speak. Again, when talking about the US government, we common people really have no clue what is going on. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I think it is a cross between VEEP and Game of Thrones, but The principals in Westeros are playing 3-D chess and the WH is barely playing checkers.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:59 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,751,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I think House of Cards is tame, compared to how things really are in our Govt!

Old 04-21-2019, 03:18 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,616,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
LOL I believe that too.

I also believe that LBJ gave Israel a free pass for their attack on the USS Liberty.
yes i cannot give a link but the idea is/was that the US played both sides of any conflict in Mideast and we WERE sharing information with Egypt and therefore the attack was justified on military grounds

Old 04-21-2019, 04:51 PM

18,011 posts, read 15,722,176 times
Hmmm. Conspiracy theories. Well, I think we all know that the government does some pretty spooky stuff. One particular incident does give me a reason to believe there was an agenda being pushed. Fast and Furious. That was an attempt to create an incident that would give Obama a reason to act on gun control via executive order. Bypass congress and enact a ban in the name of "public safety." It really blew up in his face though.

Old 04-21-2019, 04:55 PM

10,266 posts, read 16,041,813 times
I don't think the Jews purposely attacked the USS Liberty, that was a tragedy but an honest mistake just like people in China believe we purposely bombed their embassy in Yugoslavia during the Kosovo War but that was a mistake too. Friendly fire does happen unfortunately.

I also don't believe that the government knew about 9-11 or Pearl Harbor and let it happen. I do believe the conspiracy theories about Waco, the Las Vegas shooting and about Benghazi very strongly and there's nothing that can convince me otherwise on these 3 events.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:19 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,084,302 times
Kubrick filmed fake moon landings at the request of the US government to draw public attention away from the cabal of powerful individuals from the Illuminati who have made contact with the nordic alien race and who have successfully mated with them and produced offspring, of which Ivanka Trump is one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies