Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 05:05 AM

2,645 posts, read 1,861,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
The problem with Trump is the same problem with most Americans. He's so deeply immersed in his own $hithead of racism, that he can't perceive the actual historical truth about European imperialism and how it has had universal deleterious effects upon entire races, ethnicities, and countries. You don't require much history instruction in order to assess the negative ramifications hoisted upon many Third-World countries. Many are still rebounding from slavery and colonization.

The United States has had many more racist presidents than Donald Trump.

Let's see, there were after all the following:

1) J.K. Polk

2) D.D. Eisenhower

3) F.D. Roosevelt

4) Ted Roosevelt

5) J.C. Coolidge

6) T.W. Wilson

7) Thomas Jefferson

8) James Monroe

9) Andrew Jackson

10) Andrew Johnson

and not to mention a few others...

Racism is just another major component of our American history. Trumpism emerged from this milieu of $hit, continuing to make our potentially beautiful country into just another proverbial "$hithole"...

Just doing his level best to Make America White Again! That's the real problem with immigration. Too many people of color are immigrating...
Maybe, we all don't agree with one another. Maybe, I don't like your comments. Maybe, I would not like your looks. Maybe, I think you are a racist. These are only my feelings. I am not a leader of anything, well maybe...... Lots of maybes.

However, I am sure most people and most leaders have feelings and pre-conceived ideas of people. We don't know what is going on in their lives. Can we give them the benefit of doubt? Live and let live. Who are we to judge the next guy or gal????

Thank God, most of the presidents you have mentioned, did not spew out their feelings to the world. Most presidents have had the class to keep their mouths shut. Of course, the computer age and twitter, were not around to pick up their inner most thoughts.

Will Trump ever grow up? I doubt it, because, this is how he was raised, by a father who got him out of every jam. When Trump grew older and found out he could destroy people with his bully ways and money and lawyers he took the torch and ran like the crude person he is. IMO

Old 01-13-2018, 05:09 AM

5,105 posts, read 2,342,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Your criteria leaves us with the only immigration eligible population being limited to a few oligarchs from Russia
Oh well, we won't have many immigrants then. So what?

Why this country needs a never-ending stream of new people is something I'd like to have explained. Besides as a source of cheap, exploitable labor and/or Democrat votes, I mean.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
The reporter fleshed out the meeting in more detail than I've seen in print. In short, it got pretty unpleasant. Trump just dug in his heels - he wants white people as immigrants - it was very clear to everyone in that room - Norway comment aside.
You said yourself that you only live with and interact with other white people. Which is the case for about 90% of white folks in this country. So why is this unpleasant?

Old 01-13-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post

Why would Trump single out blacks and browns leaving ****holes for a better life and make them any different than Poles, Brits, Italians, Germans, Irish, Jews and other Caucasian peoples who left ****holes for a better life?
Because he's talking about the present day, not the nineteenth century.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:29 AM

68,416 posts, read 54,775,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Liberals here hate people from Norway. It's most likely because you are Putin's neighbor. They would treat you like a racist subhuman if you disagreed with them on anything.
They wouldn't listen to anything you had to say and would try to silence you any way the could.
They are known to advocate for and use violence if you don't shut up when told.

Have anything factual to support that seemingly baseless statement?

Old 01-13-2018, 05:31 AM

68,416 posts, read 54,775,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
it wasnt the fact that he used norway as an example, he could of use any country or just made up a name, and people would still complain about it. It has nothing to do wait a country or the term ****hole, its all about pinning something on trump to impeach him.

Nah, it's about labeling him the jackass that he is knowing full well being a jackass isn't an impeachable offense, just offensive.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:33 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,194,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
They are Putin's neighbor. Russia !!! Russia !!! Russia !!! Where have you been to not know if Putin was Trump's neighbor all crap would hit the fan...
Being his neighbor is just an unfortunate fact of geography. Being his suckbuddy is a lifestyle choice. T Rump CHOSE his connection.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:47 AM

7,978 posts, read 7,398,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Oh well, we won't have many immigrants then. So what?

Why this country needs a never-ending stream of new people is something I'd like to have explained. Besides as a source of cheap, exploitable labor and/or Democrat votes, I mean.

And don't forget diversity....we'll never have enough of that!

Old 01-13-2018, 05:51 AM

18,491 posts, read 7,171,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
People who want to restrict immigration this way are telling us that they don't believe in the American dream.

They are telling us they don't believe you can come here with nothing and not knowing the language and make a life, build a business, or do great things for their community through hard work and faithful service. They are telling us they are full of fear and blame the "other" for the fact that their lives are not turning out the way they thought they would.

They are telling us they are not willing to put themselves out there and take a risk the way an immigrant would to start a small business. They are telling us that they feel insecure competing with someone who arrives with nothing and is unfamiliar with our language and culture. Immigrants represent 27.5% of the countries’ entrepreneurs but only around 13% of the population.

If you can't compete with that person, its not their fault you are unwilling to work that hard - its yours.

https://hbr.org/2016/10/why-are-immi...ntrepreneurial

No

We're telling you that it's not 1905 anymore.

We don't have jobs for masses of unskilled labor the way we did then.

So....what do all these people actually DO when they get here?

Now that we also have a welfare state that has created an entire group of dependant class that didn't exist in your rose colored view of the golden age of immigration.......many will do absolutely nothing.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:54 AM

2,645 posts, read 1,861,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Because he's talking about the present day, not the nineteenth century.
You mean, when Trump's grandfather, immigrated from Germany, at 16, and went to the Klondike to build their first hotel???? We all came from somewhere. Even Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.