Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 06:49 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,170,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It doesn't matter who leaked it to the press no matter the party. You KNOW that this is something trump would say, you all praise him for saying things like this all the time.
You know he was right, and you've heard this question asked by those you know. Quit pretending to be offended.

Let these "immigrants" begin fixing the corruption and oppression where they live, and stop importing it to America.
If they are too weak to effect change at home, they are too weak to be an American.

When you bring there here, before long here becomes there.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:51 AM

25,037 posts, read 13,345,885 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter who leaked it to the press no matter the party. You KNOW that this is something trump would say, you all praise him for saying things like this all the time.
Just like you praised racist obama for calling Libya a shltshow .. right??

Old 01-13-2018, 06:56 AM

37,868 posts, read 41,280,283 times
Haiti and El Salvador are s-holes. Why don't they ask the people who are trying to leave those places or the ones who did leave? Read the book, "The Big Truck That Went By: How the World Came to Save Haiti and Left Behind a Disaster" by Jonathan M Katz. It's about the aftermath of the earthquake after everyone came "to help" but it shows what a mess that country is in. The book has won several awards. Or, you could compare Haiti to its neighbor, The Dominican Republic.

And if you want to know what a stink place El Salvador is read the NY Times article from September 2017 that says, "Nearly three out of every four acts of sexual violence take place in the victims' homes, and seven of every 10 victims are under the age of 20."

You want to stop immigration by a lot. Stop making it easy for them to send money out of this country. That includes Mexico which is on George W Bush and his Directo a Mexico program set up to help Mexicans here send money back there. They're not helping our economy. It's not just Democrats that are a problem.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:57 AM

33,638 posts, read 18,336,684 times
Quote:
BIG, HUGE difference between a president and a comedian. A comedian is supposed to say funny, dirty things. Not the leader of the free world. Why is that so hard for you all to understand?
Comedians are suppose to be vulgar? Plus the president was describing the countries accurately in the language by a real estate developer. No big surprise.

Durbin just wanted to play the race card as that is the only card they play. The left can't accept any white people from Norway. They have white skin so the Dems are very upset to think of having white people come here. They too are blonde and blue eyed . Those kind of people are not welcomed. They want to put people in colors all the time.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:00 AM

26,691 posts, read 14,674,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Comedians are suppose to be vulgar? Plus the president was describing the countries accurately in the language by a real estate developer. No big surprise.

Durbin just wanted to play the race card as that is the only card they play. The left can't accept any white people from Norway. They have white skin so the Dems are very upset to think of having white people come here. They too are blonde and blue eyed . Those kind of people are not welcomed. They want to put people in colors all the time.
Only a racist can find racism in his comment which had nothing to do with race.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:07 AM
DPK

4,598 posts, read 5,775,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Most foreign born STEM workers are from Haiti, El Salvador, and African nations ? Not from, say, India, China, and South Korea ? I think you pulled that out of your s _ _ _ hole.
Do people just not read anymore? The post you are quoting says California. A quick google of California STEM workers shows multiple news sources with the number (42%) in the quoted post. Ya'll make your lives overly hard for no reason.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:10 AM

18,491 posts, read 7,179,973 times
Quote:
So what?

People say offensive things all the time...even worse in private.

If every word you ever uttered in private was recorded and scanned for something that someone else might find even remotely offensive.......

I'm sure they wouldn't find anything that might be embarrassing or controversial.....right?

And before you enlighten us with the revelation that you're not the President. .......do the same thing to Obama or Hillary.

I'm sure neither of them ever said anything in vulger or offensive in a private meeting ........

Old 01-13-2018, 07:11 AM

63,538 posts, read 29,639,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
People who want to restrict immigration this way are telling us that they don't believe in the American dream.

They are telling us they don't believe you can come here with nothing and not knowing the language and make a life, build a business, or do great things for their community through hard work and faithful service. They are telling us they are full of fear and blame the "other" for the fact that their lives are not turning out the way they thought they would.

They are telling us they are not willing to put themselves out there and take a risk the way an immigrant would to start a small business. They are telling us that they feel insecure competing with someone who arrives with nothing and is unfamiliar with our language and culture. Immigrants represent 27.5% of the countries’ entrepreneurs but only around 13% of the population.

If you can't compete with that person, its not their fault you are unwilling to work that hard - its yours.

https://hbr.org/2016/10/why-are-immi...ntrepreneurial

So just how many of these third worlders should we allow in hoping that they are going to be successes here instead of ending up on the public dole? We are deeply in debt and have a shortage of jobs and resources besides a blossoming population growth that will need those two things to survive. Shouldn't we consider those things before we allow in any more immigrants whom we know already are unskilled, uneducated and poor?

Millions of illegal aliens have already taken once good paying blue-collared jobs from Americans and not because all of a sudden American decided they didn't want to work hard anymore but because the greedy employers could hire them for less. So now we should add more legal immigrants to compete for jobs and resources who have no track record other than being poor, unskilled and uneducated coming from third world countries? Surely you jest.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:14 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,653,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
You know he was right, and you've heard this question asked by those you know. Quit pretending to be offended.

Let these "immigrants" begin fixing the corruption and oppression where they live, and stop importing it to America.
If they are too weak to effect change at home, they are too weak to be an American.

When you bring there here, before long here becomes there.
Whose offended? Not me. So you're saying that these countries are indeed sending their worst into the country? Let's see how much your able to change things when your government keep you poor and uneducated. When your not eating right can't stay or can't stay warm at night. How are you supposed to fight back if you don't have the strength?

That's the problem 99.9% of Americans have never had to walk in their shoes "wait a lot of them don't have shoes." I can relate to some extent I've been homeless before and had to live out on the streets, if it wasn't for some VERY good friends I might still be there today. I'm willing to be MOST people on this forum have never had to struggle to make a living to wonder where their next meal will come from. So they see someone from another country and assume that they are drug dealers, etc.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:16 AM

33,638 posts, read 18,336,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Maybe, we all don't agree with one another. Maybe, I don't like your comments. Maybe, I would not like your looks. Maybe, I think you are a racist. These are only my feelings. I am not a leader of anything, well maybe...... Lots of maybes.

However, I am sure most people and most leaders have feelings and pre-conceived ideas of people. We don't know what is going on in their lives. Can we give them the benefit of doubt? Live and let live. Who are we to judge the next guy or gal????

Thank God, most of the presidents you have mentioned, did not spew out their feelings to the world. Most presidents have had the class to keep their mouths shut. Of course, the computer age and twitter, were not around to pick up their inner most thoughts.

Will Trump ever grow up? I doubt it, because, this is how he was raised, by a father who got him out of every jam. When Trump grew older and found out he could destroy people with his bully ways and money and lawyers he took the torch and ran like the crude person he is. IMO
These presidents did in private meetings ,but they were not told to the general public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.