Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 08:22 AM

14,845 posts, read 8,316,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
It's not racist to demand that your leaders make decisions that are solely in the best interest of the nation. Decisions that ensure your nation remains safe, thriving and prosperous. Nations have the RIGHT and the RESPONSIBILITY to do that.
You are assuming the nation and the people are the same thing.

Immigration is in Norway's "national interests"(IE the political and economic interests of the corporate entity called Norway).

The people can always be dragged along by the leaders through proper "education"(IE propaganda and indoctrination).

Old 01-13-2018, 08:26 AM

38,922 posts, read 24,189,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Really...how? What treatment did the Irish have that was as low or worse? Just that face that you can refer to them as Irish and you have to refer to people as “blacks” should tell you that isn’t true. But do explain...
They were Catholic, not Protestant. I guess you never heard of the Know Nothing Party of the mid 1800's... https://www.loc.gov/teachers/classro...on/irish5.html
As for the Irish themselves, there are many spurves I found of downright hatred of the Irish. When America Despised the Irish: The 19th Century’s Refugee Crisis - History in the Headlines https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iris...Discrimination Then there is general Anti-Irish sentiment which goes back to England. At the time, if we weren't of English decent, we were German or French or Dutch.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,768,033 times
Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen the president of the United States, Barack Obama
This is a big f***ing deal

Hot mic. On live TV. No liberal outrage. Biden considering running for president again.
That you think the problem is the Orange Skidmark uttering a curse word ~ is a problem.

Unless you are just attempting to deflect from the real issue ~ which is entirely possible.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:29 AM

53,607 posts, read 35,596,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Ha! So too many black folks moved into your town and you moved to whiter pastures. Talk about racism!

Oh, and just to let you know, you're one angry freak.
that's hilarious.
i can just picture davey high-tailing it to lily-white mt. airy, shrieking 'racism!!' all the way there.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:34 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,527,951 times
Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen the president of the United States, Barack Obama
This is a big f***ing deal

Hot mic. On live TV. No liberal outrage. Biden considering running for president again.
Not the same thing. At all.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:34 AM

4,808 posts, read 3,553,076 times
If liberals think those places are so nice, why did they want to move to Canada instead of Haiti or Africa when Trump won? Because they are racists...

Old 01-13-2018, 08:37 AM

38,922 posts, read 24,189,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
You say that, but so what? You aren't demonstrating that in real life.

The point is this: when you're looking for a place to live, to buy a house and send kids to the local public schools, what are you looking for? A place with middle-class (at least), educated, financially stable people. A place that's a hell of a lot more like Norway than like Haiti. So what's wrong with orienting our immigration policies to mirror what you would want in your own community? Trump just wants to see the rest of the country become more like your town, so why are you sore?
Because that I mentioned the fact, I may not care but many people hate change. I may not like the issue of say Hispanics asking things in Spanish which I only know words and phrases from Lucha Libre but could I hold a conversation in it, no. This makes somethings hard if the Hispanics don't learn English or care to use it. That said, as I mentioned, others are entirely outright against it.

As for "go vacation in Haiti comments", I can't speak for others buy me my vacation of choice is either camping or going to theme parks. Touring the world isn't exactly on that list to be honest.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:39 AM

28,041 posts, read 29,215,382 times
It is not in America’s interest to admit immigrants who will go on welfare, use food stamps at the grocery store, lower the academic standards at public schools, refuse to speak our language, or commit crimes. No country wants such immigrants.

America should only have immigrants who are the cream of the crop, will work hard, start businesses, contribute significantly to our economy and things like that. They should be an asset, not a net drag on society.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:40 AM

20,113 posts, read 12,581,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
First I would like to comment on Norway: I am the grandchild of a Norwegian immigrant who visited Norway in the early 60s and then returned last September. Demographically Norway is 'suffering' from the problem of having a highly educated and aging workforce with little interest in service and blue collar occupations. They need people willing to work in restaurants, care for the elderly, clean hotel rooms etc. The only solution was to allow for immigration. No legal resident suffers from hunger or lack of clean and safe housing. ALL children are educated, those who choose to stay in Norway for higher education and who qualify do not pay for it. They become Norwegian citizens. Most immigrants are not blue eyed and fair haired so the 'look' of a Norwegian is changing.

Visit Norway. It is clean, healthcare is basically free (paid for by oil revenue and taxes). Roads are superb. The cost of living is high, like San Francisco high.

The Norwegians I met have no interest in immigrating to the USA. If I didn't have family here I would retrace my grandfather's footsteps and go back to Telemark just to avoid the stain Trump has made on our dear nation.
That sounds a lot like much of the US. Americans won't do certain jobs. I thought Norway was using Eastern Europeans for labor but maybe there are jobs they won't even do now.

I wonder how those cleaning jobs pay and how the immigrants that do them live compared to the average citizen. How do they deal with such a high cost of living, and do they get supplemental welfare.

In the end, this elitism such that poor immigrants from foreign cultures need to be brought in for a country to function, kills the host culture.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:41 AM

4,808 posts, read 3,553,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Not the same thing. At all.
He called Libya a ****show..and blamed the Brits. How the libs allow their type to say whatever..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies