Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 08:41 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Did you notice that Norway is a blonde hair, blue eyed, white country. Don’t you find that odd, but at least he didn’t say we need more Russians. Why did he choose Norway instead of South Africa, is there a waiting list of Norwegians.
Norwegians should not want to come here. They have it better off where they are. I doubt that there is any kind of long wait, unless the State Department totally breaks down from neglect.

Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘****hole’ countries in Oval Office meeting-norway.jpg

Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘****hole’ countries in Oval Office meeting-norway_2.jpg

Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘****hole’ countries in Oval Office meeting-no-criticism.jpg

Old 01-12-2018, 08:42 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Norway has nothing to do with anything. It was as the example used for what he wants more of ...it is clear as a bell and the world knows it .
It was the thing on his mind -- having just met with the leader from Norway. He's not a complicated, thoughtful man.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:42 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,325,951 times
Why doesn't Wheel of Fortune ever have Haiti, Somalia or El Salvador as a prize vacation off the WHEEL???

Old 01-12-2018, 08:43 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,627,966 times
Norway has the highest quality of life in the world. I can't imagine any Norwegian is going to abandon that for the ****hole that is the United States.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:46 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,035,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It was the thing on his mind -- having just met with the leader from Norway. He's not a complicated, thoughtful man.
He can say bring more Norwegians. Not a problem but he should have shut his trap about the Haitian people !

Old 01-12-2018, 08:47 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Norwegians should not want to come here. They have it better off where they are. I doubt that there is any kind of long wait, unless the State Department totally breaks down from neglect.

Attachment 194311

Attachment 194312

Attachment 194313
Let all those poor people go to Norway and bankrupt them with welfare and foodstamps .

Old 01-12-2018, 08:47 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,643,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
Why doesn't Wheel of Fortune ever have Haiti, Somalia or El Salvador as a prize vacation off the WHEEL???

Good question

They need to search death row and get some contestants.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:48 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Being a liberal, I don't think any of this is racist. While I despise Trump, he said, "Norway" because he had just met with the prime minister of Norway. That's all. If he had just met with the prime minister of Nigeria, he might have said Nigeria.

What bothers me is the term he used to describe some third world countries. Now that obscene word is being blasted all over the tv. Kids watch tv and have to hear that. No use wishing Trump would learn to control his dirty mouth and no use wishing tv would stop spreading dirty language though.

We know he doesn't express himself very well but what he probably meant was that he wants educated people like you would be more likely to get in a European country rather than uneducated people like you would get from a third world country. I HATE TRUMP but some people are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:50 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,942,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
He can say bring more Norwegians. Not a problem but he should have shut his trap about the Haitian people !
Why? At some point there do have to be frank discussions about which countries to favor with our immigration policies. And however undiplomatic Trump's language was, the reality is haitians don't have a lot to offer but they do have the potential to bring many costs.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:53 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,643,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Being a liberal, I don't think any of this is racist. While I despise Trump, he said, "Norway" because he had just met with the prime minister of Norway. That's all. If he had just met with the prime minister of Nigeria, he might have said Nigeria.

What bothers me is the term he used to describe some third world countries. Now that obscene word is being blasted all over the tv. Kids watch tv and have to hear that. No use wishing Trump would learn to control his dirty mouth and no use wishing tv would stop spreading dirty language though.

We know he doesn't express himself very well but what he probably meant was that he wants educated people like you would be more likely to get in a European country rather than uneducated people like you would get from a third world country. I HATE TRUMP but some people are making a mountain out of a molehill.
Yeah

And its the mole hill of race to divide and make a mountain. Its not new and it will boomerang this time.

Any hope of winning the white male vote is gone. It hurt the Dems last time and it will again. Its a huge voting block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies