Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2014, 05:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr89 View Post
And with single payer, there wouldnt be deductibles
That is not necessarily true. Medicaid is single payer, and yet there are some co-pays. BTW, we just bought my husband 10 doses of Lovanox (injectable blood thinner). We pain $25. The total cost was $815.99. How many have $800 just lying around when a life-saving prescription is needed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 05:25 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Duh!!!!!! You can't expand coverage and not increase costs.
Under the Left-Wing Code of Individual Propaganda Rights, it illegal to state facts, and it is a crime of treason to state facts in evidence which have been verified by the United States Government.

The Causes of High Healthcare Cost in America

1] Technology up to 65%
2] Consumer Demand up to 36%
3] Expanding Health Benefits or Insuring more people up to 13%
4] Healthcare Price Inflation up to 19% (caused by Consumer Demand and insuring more people)
5] Administrative Costs up to 13% (caused by Technology, Consumer Demand and Regulations)

6] Aging/Elderly up to 7%

Source: United States Government General Accounting Office GAO-13-281 PPACA and the Long-Term Fiscal Outlook, January 2013 pp 31-36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
We have a representative government so the congress will need to vote to repeal it.
Ever hear of something called the United States Supreme Court?

I mention that, because the Court ruled that Obamacare is a Tax.

Ever hear of something called the United States Constitution?

I mention that, because in accordance with the Constitution, Congress has the power to raise.....or reduce or eliminate taxes.

That would include reducing or eliminating some or all of the taxes imposed forcibly on Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
All I want is some insurance for emergency.
If you had Free Market healthcare, then you would have that, but you are not allowed to have Free Market healthcare because Left-Wingers have never experienced Free Market healthcare and do not understand it and have said that it is evil.

Not expanding....

Mircea

Old 01-01-2014, 05:59 PM

11,785 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Employer's are not covering spouses under group plans anymore. They are only required to offer employee and dependent coverage through ACA

Sorry but that's not true - I'm covered under my husband's employer's plan. And from his post - it looks like his wife has had her own plan before this year.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:13 PM

169 posts, read 195,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

I mention that, because in accordance with the Constitution, Congress has the power to raise.....or reduce or eliminate taxes.

That would include reducing or eliminating some or all of the taxes imposed forcibly on Americans.

Mircea
Every time I now write of Obamacare I add the word TAX. We need to call it what it is no matter how much people want to deny.

The Obamacare Tax will raise the costs to the average self employed person like myself or our youth 30-80%

Obamacare TAX.... Sure could use that money to send my kids to college.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:02 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Sorry but that's not true - I'm covered under my husband's employer's plan. And from his post - it looks like his wife has had her own plan before this year.
True, many employers chose to offer spousal coverage and will continue to. OTOH,...

"UPS and Xerox are simply leading the way, according to a survey released Wednesday. The consulting firm Towers Watson said that 25 percent of employers surveyed have measures in place to prevent or discourage spouse coverage. That number is projected to increase to 32 percent next year, when the federal health care reform law takes effect. Another 23 percent said they are considering such action in 2015 or 2016. If they all did, more than half the companies will have moved to reduce or eliminate spouse coverage."

Companies cutting health insurance cost may mean dropping coverage for spouses - The Denver Post

Of course, what we'll never know is how many of those dropped spouses or others who lost insurance because of Ocare are among the supposed new people gaining new insurance on the exchanges.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:20 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Too bad we can't have a national referendum on Obamacare. The simple mathematics of # hurt vs. # helped = Ocare goes down.
jazzarama, that's not how our government works... If you don't like the ACA work with your representative to repeal it or file a lawsuit so the courts can strike it down...

Educating yourself on how government works is better than hoping...

Last edited by SHABAZZ310; 01-01-2014 at 07:54 PM..

Old 01-01-2014, 07:38 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr89 View Post
And with single payer, there wouldnt be deductibles
I am not opposed to a single payer system - although a single payer isn't "free" like I hear some people say.

I am opposed to a bad law passed with deception and lies.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:13 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletrouble View Post
We all need to remember and call this the Obamacare TAX when we speak of it.

Congrats, you are now paying for and subsidizing other peoples Insurance through the additional TAX.

I'm sure you could have used that money to send your kids to college but there are worthless men in
this world who refuse to work and their Baby's Momma needs that money way more than your kids.

From this point forward please call it what it is.

It wasn't the Baby's Momma that lobbied Government to have everyone else prop them up.
It was Big Pharma, Insurance and the Health Care Industry Lobbying Politicians to have everyone join in and pay.

Big Finance and Corporations Lobbied for Disastrous Economic Policies so they could make more profits off cheap labor. That cheap labor in a Global Supply and Demand Market reduced the earnings potential of many American's that are unable to keep up with Medical Costs that they may have before otherwise.

The Government at the behest of Big Money, is propping up Wall Street, Housing Prices, and Healthcare when the markets want to bring those prices down in accordance with American's stagnating income.

If we had a Representative Republic, we would not be in this position since "Money" became Free Speech.
Let those with Money hit the pavement with a Bull Horn like every other citizen does if they want politicians to "hear" them.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:27 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Mircea
Yes I have... And as I said earlier, the votes aren't there in congress... Democrats control the senate and Republicans control the House... There is no way to muster a majority let alone a super-majority... Do you believe otherwise?

Old 01-01-2014, 09:02 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Three things in my mind:

1. The US Supreme Court ruled it constitutional and it is now the law. Therefore, there is no going back.
2. Obama's ego is so large, he cannot admit he is wrong.
3. There are enough Obama supporters left, to keep the ball rolling. None of them still admit he lied to get
healthcare passed. Flat out lied to them and the American people.
It does not matter if it is Obama or the next president.
It was a gift to Big Pharma and the Insurance Industry.

It will not be repealed by the next president either no matter what party he belongs to, but they will make sure that it belongs to the "Democrats" so that the Criminals running this country can keep doing the same thing under the cover of partisan politics.

Note that the Criminals running this country have no problem with repealing things in a Bi Partisan Manner when it benefits they and their cronies coffers, like Glass Seagall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies