Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 03:02 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,516,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
While pregnant with my first child, I had gestational diabetes, and was on bed rest for 3 months. During that 3 months I lost my job, because I could not work. IF I had an abortion, I would not have had gestational diabetes, or lost my job. Right there is a real life example of the physical, and financial burdens of pregnancy.
Wow.

Hope you know how selfish you sound.

Glad my mother wasn't like that.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
You have never had one dime of your tax dollars pay for my birth control. I pay the premiums, and co pay for my insurance policy that covers birth control.
I didn't say I did.

I said "want"

Didn't you watch the Sandra Fluke hearings? Wanting men to pay for women's birth control but not allowing men to have say in reproductive issues.

Seems greedy and selfish to me.

6,073 posts, read 4,760,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
You must live in some f-ed up relationship if you don't get a say in how your kids are raised. Over here in reality, I have as much say about raising my kids as my wife. Just imagine, marital partners who treat each other as equals.

Of course, for that to happen, you must have gone through some sort of societal and intellectual evolutionary process. A mechanism, that quite apparently, has by-passed a significant segment of our population.

you live in "reality?" no offense, but it doesn't seem like it. I dated a chick with a daughter. she moved her daughter 400 miles away from the father, and then asked for, and received, more child support. the father sees the child a few times a year now. that's all I gotta say. not going to resort to your wanna be "insults." enjoy your own version of "reality" my dear little child.

15,700 posts, read 17,065,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
I'm not your research department. Look it up yourself.

Like I said, not a single study has ever been published which shows that abortion, for any given reason, actually benefits the physical, emotional, economic, or social health of women.

I could care less whether or not you believe me.
You are the one making the claims.....if you can't back them up with actual research......your claims are nothing more than your opinion.

And of course I don't believe you.....no one with an ounce of common sense would.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You are the one making the claims.....if you can't back them up with actual research......your claims are nothing more than your opinion.

And of course I don't believe you.....no one with an ounce of common sense would.
All you got to do is ask Google.

You can verify my statement in about 20 seconds.

Excuse me if I don't wanna take the time to link hundreds, if not thousands, of articles proving something everyone already knows.

Show me a study that proves women that had an abortion were better off emotionally, psychologically etc.....

Old 06-13-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
So is the shrub in my front yard, but I am not legally responsible for it's growth. In fact I can remove the shrub at any time I choose, since it is on MY property.

MY body is my property, I can remove anything I like from my property.
Yes, comparing shrubbery to babies is a valid argument.

You win.

P.S. You can't remove anything you like from your property. The government won't allow it.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:14 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,065,775 times
Quote:
So we should overthrow Roe V. Wade.

9 men on the supreme court called the shots.
Roe v Wade does not call the shots.....Roe v Wade leaves the abortion decision up to the woman who is pregnant.....and no one else.....as it should be.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:15 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,229,657 times
Quote:
They also want men to pay for women's birth control and abortions via taxation but men are not allowed to have a say. Just give us greedy, misanthropic women your money and shut up.

And why did 9 men on the Supreme Court get a say in 1973?

Why does President Obama get a say? He's a man, or is he Devo?

Only men that agree with the pro-abortion crowd are allowed a say. No one else is allowed to exercise freedom of expression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
what a bizarre statement. tax dollars go to lowering the price of certain medications. I would never claim to have paid for someones birth control, but they should never claim to have paid the entire bill.
Did you miss the post I was responding to?

Old 06-13-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Roe v Wade does not call the shots.....Roe v Wade leaves the abortion decision up to the woman who is pregnant.....and no one else.....as it should be.
so the doctor should have no choice?

Old 06-13-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Did you miss the post I was responding to?
no. tax dollars do go to lowering the cost of your medication.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.