Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 01:58 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,515,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It isn't a child.

Embryo, fetus, and child, all have different and specific meanings.
Learn to use the proper words when describing something, then we can talk.

Embryo - An unborn or unhatched offspring in the process of development.

Fetus - An unborn or unhatched offspring of a mammal, in particular an unborn human baby more than eight weeks after conception.

Child - A young human being below the age of full physical development or below the legal age of majority.
Embryo, fetus & child are all living beings.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:58 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,334,972 times
Quote:
Carterstamp wasn't the one I was talking to.
No, but what are your thoughts about his statement?

To me, it's more proof of a "tolerant, open-minded, willing to listen to other opinions" liberal actually being exactly the opposite.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
MY body. I get to choose what I do with it. If I choose to evict something that is living like a parasite off of my bodies systems, then that is also my choice.

Can I just decide to hook up to your bodies systems for 9 months? You have no say in the matter. But you must keep me alive.
You call a fetus a "parasite" and carterstamp is all concerned about my choice of words? lols.

Fake outrage from the left. As usual.

And killing something is not evicting it.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:01 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,334,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Embryo, fetus & child are all living beings.
Not according to the pro-death crowd.

I will also point out that both a fetus and a 1-4-year-old child are both not capable of taking care of themselves without help.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Why should a woman be required to risk her emotional, physical, and financial well being for a crime perpetrated against her?

Will you be paying for her therapy, medical bills, lost wages, possible lost schooling or even scholarship? Will you be paying to support this child for it's entire life? Will you be changing diapers, wiping noses, cleaning up after, educating this child?
Not a single study has ever been published which shows that abortion, for any given reason, actually benefits the physical, emotional, economic, or social health of women.

All available evidence shows that abortion is instead associated with a worsening of the physical, emotional, economic, and social well-being of women.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:06 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,816,126 times
Do the percentage of rapes resulting in pregnancy actually even matter here?

I mean, is it acceptable to force even one woman who was raped carry the pregnancy to term?

That's probably the real question.

Meanwhile, Republicans need a year long moratorium on uttering the word "rape". Ii just doesn't end well for y'all. Just don't do it. Heh.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:06 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,757,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Please provide some credible information on this comment.
Women can get pregnant at any time, they are more likely to get pregnant at certain times, but it's not a hard and fast rule.
Another man who thinks he knows everything about women, but is sorely wrong.

Emotional diatribes are ridiculous.
They're not unborn babies, they're POTENTIAL babies, if they're born..
You know that, and your ridiculous pandering is not working.
When you can get pregnant, you can have input.
so men can have immediate input then? it's you and your ilk that is trying to tell me that I must acknowledge a chick that takes hormones as a man, yet they can still get pregnant. therefore, men can get pregnant, and men deserve every input. see, when you blur the lines of reality, it will come back to destroy your argument.

liberal arguments:

when men can get pregnant, they can have a say.

thomas beattie, the pregnant man.

you lose.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:12 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,266,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
No I don't.

Why should a person forfeit their life because their father perpetrated a heinous act?

You can't answer the question so you deflect.

Good job.
Except it's not a life, so your argument fails. As you know.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
so men can have immediate input then? it's you and your ilk that is trying to tell me that I must acknowledge a chick that takes hormones as a man, yet they can still get pregnant. therefore, men can get pregnant, and men deserve every input. see, when you blur the lines of reality, it will come back to destroy your argument.

liberal arguments:

when men can get pregnant, they can have a say.

thomas beattie, the pregnant man.

you lose.

They also want men to pay for women's birth control and abortions via taxation but men are not allowed to have a say. Just give us greedy, misanthropic women your money and shut up.

And why did 9 men on the Supreme Court get a say in 1973?

Why does President Obama get a say? He's a man, or is he Devo?

Only men that agree with the pro-abortion crowd are allowed a say. No one else is allowed to exercise freedom of expression.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Except it's not a life, so your argument fails. As you know.
Says the person who has already been born.

What is it if it's not a life? There are different stages of life. As you know but choose to ignore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.