Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 04:53 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,900,938 times

Advertisements

I get tired of people trying to politicize youth organizations for the benefit of their own social engineering. What happened to letting boys be boys? I knew some kids in scouts who are gay now, obviously they were gay back then. But it was never an issue, liberals always make it one. They won't stop until there's a LGBTQXYZ1234 support group, sensitivity training, and all this other BS that comes with liberal social engineering.

I support gay marriage, but this whole "LOOK AT ME EVERYONE, I'M GAY AND NEED FOR YOU TO KNOW IT AND ADAPT TO MAKE ME COMFORTABLE" espoused by the gay community is extremely obnoxious.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:06 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,608,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I shutter to think of what the merit badges would entail.
Not to mention rank advancement. "Community service" at the local Pridefest, check.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:12 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I get tired of people trying to politicize youth organizations for the benefit of their own social engineering. What happened to letting boys be boys? I knew some kids in scouts who are gay now, obviously they were gay back then. But it was never an issue, liberals always make it one. They won't stop until there's a LGBTQXYZ1234 support group, sensitivity training, and all this other BS that comes with liberal social engineering.

I support gay marriage, but this whole "LOOK AT ME EVERYONE, I'M GAY AND NEED FOR YOU TO KNOW IT AND ADAPT TO MAKE ME COMFORTABLE" espoused by the gay community is extremely obnoxious.
Liberals make it the issue? I thought it was the conservatives in the Boy Scouts who made it an issue - you know, by having a policy of banning gay people.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:21 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,232,198 times
Quote:
I shutter to think of what the merit badges would entail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Not to mention rank advancement. "Community service" at the local Pridefest, check.
You two sure like to spend time thinking about gay sex.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:21 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
If I now had a son, I would be very leery of having him involved in what the Scouts may become. Sending him for a week in the woods with a gay leader and other boys who may be gay is not something I would consider.

Like I suggested, let the gays have their own organizations and they can all go into the woods and do whatever they like. Leave the BSA out of it.
Following this reasoning, perhaps we ought to have gay-only schools? What about drinking fountains?

Old 01-29-2013, 05:33 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Liberals make it the issue? I thought it was the conservatives in the Boy Scouts who made it an issue - you know, by having a policy of banning gay people.
Yep. But I guess logic isn't their strong suit, huh?

Old 01-29-2013, 05:35 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The Boy Scouts of America, one of the nation’s largest private youth organizations, is actively considering an end to its decades-long policy of banning gay scouts or scout leaders, according to scouting officials and outsiders familiar with internal discussions.

Follow @NBCNewsUS
If adopted by the organization’s board of directors, it would represent a profound change on an issue that has been highly controversial -- one that even went to the US Supreme Court. The new policy, now under discussion, would eliminate the ban from the national organization’s rules, leaving local sponsoring organizations free to decide for themselves whether to admit gay scouts.
Exclusive: Boy Scouts close to ending ban on gay members, leaders - U.S. News

how is a group betraying their morals considered coming into the 21st century?

Old 01-29-2013, 05:35 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
The Boy Scouts shouldn't have anything to do with sex or sexual orientation. Why would that change just because gay boys or leaders are now openly accepted? Answer: It won't.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:39 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,900,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
They didn't ban gay people, just gay people who are out of the closet. Clearly I have gay friends who are Eagle Scouts. Is it necessary to be out of the closet to your scout troop? Do you need to make your sexuality public? It's not the entirety of who you are.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:40 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The Boy Scouts shouldn't have anything to do with sex or sexual orientation. Why would that change just because gay boys or leaders are now openly accepted? Answer: It won't.

thats why the BOY scouts of america should only include boys, and that they should not give up their organizations morals just so they can be PC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.