Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:01 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,616,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
It goes totally against the Boy Scout Oath of keeping oneself, "morally straight".
Yes, it does, and if this policy is enacted it will be the beginning of the end for the Boy Scouts of America.

I'll certainly be looking for alternatives for my own sons, such as the Federation of North American Explorers.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:07 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,759,456 times
I will be doing the same thing WesternPilgrim. There are quite a few different ones for girls I know.Since the GS decided to let a boy join their ranks I refuse to let my daughter join.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:19 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,068,111 times
Seems like heterosexual males can't have their own spaces and groups while females and gays can. Political correctness at its finest.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:21 PM

33,594 posts, read 18,218,394 times
Homosexual pedophiles will be signing up as scout leaders. Homosexuals are feeding on the lust spirit of perversion. They push hard to make the masses believe this is normal but it is not.

Sodom and Gomorrah was judged and was so far gone into the lust and degradation of society that it was destroyed because all had become so wicked and perverse.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:43 PM

47,020 posts, read 26,093,286 times
Although the backlash can at times be tragic, the spectacle of frightened old men losing their grip on power is always entertaining.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:50 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,472,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Seems like heterosexual males can't have their own spaces and groups while females and gays can. Political correctness at its finest.
In general I agree with you. However, when it comes specifically to the boy scouts, I tend to disagree. While the boy scouts hold that spirituality is important, they do not hold to any particular creed. Therefore I don't think the Boy Scouts should exclude homosexuals. That being said, I would be completely supportive of an alternate organization that was explicitly for straight boys and men. I don't have any problem with a group that wants to exclude homosexuals, I just don't think the boy scouts is it. If the boy scouts want to exclude an atheist, that's fine with me, since they do profess spirituality, but not homosexuals, since they do not profess any specific spirituality which holds homosexuality to be wrong.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:53 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,587,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
In general I agree with you. However, when it comes specifically to the boy scouts, I tend to disagree. While the boy scouts hold that spirituality is important, they do not hold to any particular creed. Therefore I don't think the Boy Scouts should exclude homosexuals. That being said, I would be completely supportive of an alternate organization that was explicitly for straight boys and men. I don't have any problem with a group that wants to exclude homosexuals, I just don't think the boy scouts is it. If the boy scouts want to exclude an atheist, that's fine with me, since they do profess spirituality, but not homosexuals, since they do not profess any specific spirituality which holds homosexuality to be wrong.
The problem with this is many boys haven't figured our their orientation by the time they enter the scouts. Add to that families that would choose such an organization aren't going to be open to their son's being open and honest about their orientation. The way I see it, you'll just end up with closetted members.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:02 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,185,890 times
It is a difficult situation for the boy scouts. The courts have said private groups can set their own standards on who they will admit, but the gays are blackmailing them into allowing gays into their organization. I understand how some gays don't want anyone to say no to them, but the courts say it is perfectly legal. I think the gays will eventually win out and force all organizations to admit them, including churches to perform marriage ceremonies for gay couples. At the end of the day, like it or not, the gay lifestyle will be forced on the rest of America as being normal and like it or not, that is how it will be.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:38 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,122,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
It is a difficult situation for the boy scouts. The courts have said private groups can set their own standards on who they will admit, but the gays are blackmailing them into allowing gays into their organization. I understand how some gays don't want anyone to say no to them, but the courts say it is perfectly legal.
Blackmailing them? How are us gay blackmailing them?

Quote:
I think the gays will eventually win out and force all organizations to admit them, including churches to perform marriage ceremonies for gay couples.
Only if we repeal the 1st Amendment. Churches can define church marriages anyway they want. Period.

Quote:
At the end of the day, like it or not, the gay lifestyle will be forced on the rest of America as being normal and like it or not, that is how it will be.
Gay is not a lifestyle. It's a sexual orientation.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:51 PM

5,667 posts, read 5,099,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
With this I agree. If they want gay boy scouts, then start your own scout troop, I am sure our young normal boys do not need to be confused. Live your own life, it is your right, but do not infringe upon mine!
I shutter to think of what the merit badges would entail.

And I am, or was, a proud Eagle Scout with fond memories of my time with that organization. The leaders of my troop were excellent role models, setting examples of what it meant to be a young man during what could be a very confusing time of life.

On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight

If I now had a son, I would be very leery of having him involved in what the Scouts may become. Sending him for a week in the woods with a gay leader and other boys who may be gay is not something I would consider.

Like I suggested, let the gays have their own organizations and they can all go into the woods and do whatever they like. Leave the BSA out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies