Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 07:29 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,497,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
On the BSA issue, why would someone (or a group of someones) want to be around those who don't want to associate with or be around them? It's just a matter of forcing an agenda of acceptance in an attempt to "normalize" behavior and choices that are held in distain by most of society. Why don't gays just form their own group and then they're free to promote whatever beliefs or behaviors they wish within that group.
Because they don't wish to "promote" anything, merely to be able to belong to the group without lying.

Where you get your idea that gays are held in "distain" [sic] by "most of society" is curious. Perhaps you skipped some of the recent election results?

Quote:
Let's use the Amish as an example. (For the record, a group I have no problems with nor negative views of.) They choose to live a different lifestyle and behave in ways that most find different. They have their own communities, associate as they wish with like-minded folk, and interact with society only to the degree they find comfortable. It seems to work fine for all involved. Similar groups can be found across America.
"That ain't the American Way, buddy. No, siree. Listen here, professor. You're the one who need an American History lesson. You don't know nothin' about Lady Liberty standin' there in the harbor, with her torch on high screamin' out to all the nations in the world: "Send me your poor, your deadbeats, your filthy." And all the nations send 'em in here, they come swarming in like ants. Your Spanish P.R.'s from the Caribboin, your Japs, your Chinamen, your Krauts and your Hebes and your English ****. All of 'em come in here and they're all free to live in their own separate sections where they feel safe, and they'll bust your head if you go in there. *That's* what makes America great, buddy. " --Archie Bunker, 1975

Quote:
When I was in Scouts, summer camp involved a group shower house, two-man shared tents, and nights around the campfire. Would you put your 11 or 12 y.o. son into such an environment knowing there are openly gay leaders and older gay boys present, knowing constant supervision is impossible?
Yep.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:38 PM

5,666 posts, read 5,098,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Because they don't wish to "promote" anything, merely to be able to belong to the group without lying.
To a group who has made a point to say that they're not welcome? Why?

Old 01-29-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
To a group who has made a point to say that they're not welcome? Why?
Did they poll the whole group on the subject? I must have missed that.

Most of the group will go along with the change (if there is a change) for the same reason they go along with the policy today: they're indifferent.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Did they poll the whole group on the subject?
I suspect that if a policy change is made, a large number of scouts and families will make an after-the-fact vote with their feet and find other groups to become involved in, leaving the organization a mere shadow of what it now is. A true shame given the long and honorable history of the group and all the good it's done for the youth of America in the past.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:05 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,171,720 times
People with values will do the same thing that they have done with other organizations that have ceased to uphold the integrity that they demand. They will create their own organizations. If I had a son, the *last* thing, the ABSOLUTELY LAST THING I would want him to do is be influenced by a homosexual that is a role model for him. Sorry, but I don't think that is right. Look for another similar organization to be formed up if the Boy Scouts make this horrendous error in judgment.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
I suspect that if a policy change is made, a large number of scouts and families will make an after-the-fact vote with their feet and find other groups to become involved in, leaving the organization a mere shadow of what it now is. A true shame given the long and honorable history of the group and all the good it's done for the youth of America in the past.
Scouting was invented in the UK by Lord Baden-Powell, a massively repressed bisexual, but they keep that part of the long and honorable history well hushed-up.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,471,240 times
As I was saying in the other thread... Homosexuals are not going to do anything to your son. What exactly do you think they would do? Shot magic gay laser beams at him?

Most homosexuals are like any other normal person. They like people of their own sex, but they keep their sex lives to themselves and treat others with normal decency. And despite some flamboyant examples in the media, most of them do not wear t-shirts that say "I'm gay."

Are you worried about your son being around heterosexual sodomites (there are plenty of them) or heterosexual promiscuous types? You can't necessarily tell them apart just by looking at them.

I would chill out... It's probably a greater form of abuse to teach your son to hate all others who are different than him. It's a diverse world out there, and you're fighting a losing battle if you get paranoid of every race, gender, orientation, etc. that is different than you. You can stay true to your principles and lead the life you want while still being tolerant of others.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-29-2013 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 01-29-2013, 08:28 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,171,720 times
Quote:
Scouting was invented in the UK by Lord Baden-Powell, a massively repressed bisexual, but they keep that part of the long and honorable history well hushed-up.
Ah yes, more history that has been rewritten by the liberals. I'm sure you won't find any reference to this in any book published prior to 1980. Amazing how these special interest liberal groups have managed to lie their way into the history books, it?

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-29-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Source? For those pursuing this type of agenda, every historic figure associated with an issue is/was gay.

In January 1912, Baden-Powell was en route to New York on a Scouting World Tour when he met Olave St Clair Soames.She was 23, while he was 55. They married in secret in October 1912. The Baden-Powells had three children, one son (Peter) and two daughters.

[MOD CUT/crude]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-29-2013 at 08:57 PM..

Old 01-29-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Ah yes, more history that has been rewritten by the liberals. I'm sure you won't find any reference to this in any book published prior to 1980. Amazing how these special interest liberal groups have managed to lie their way into the history books, it?
Baden-Powell's diaries were written way before 1980.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.