Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 07:17 PM

30,409 posts, read 52,029,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Of course I'd want that - which is exactly why homophobia has no place around my family.
Best. Answer. Yet.

Tried to rep you for this, but I have to spread the love first!

Old 10-04-2014, 06:23 PM

3 posts, read 2,440 times
Default Boy Scouts and Gays

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So what steps will churches take to screen out the homosexuals or pedophiles from their own programs, including the ones who deny being that way? Failure to that will only result in more news stories about children getting molested. Perhaps churches will end getting rid of their own boy scout replacement programs, if homophobia rules.
Most sexual abusers are heterosexual thus the married guys with kids are to be more suspect than a gay adult leader. Those who are knowledgeable about these things, know that a background check is done on every adult attempting to register as a leader. Some organizations also include a sexual abuse background check as well. The BSA has for a long time required the 2 Deep policy which essentially states that there must always be 2 adults present in every scenario. So what else do you think they should do?

Homosexual scouts are the non-issue they have always been until the homophobes went into panic mode.
Our troop has actually had 3 homosexual Eagles...and no one knew. One of them did not even know
himself. The BSA does not include religion, politics or sexual identity in their program.
It is about boys having fun, maturing with good values and a character that prepares them for
leadership in the world.

How about we just go back to that???

Old 10-04-2014, 07:14 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,104,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
I agree, it will change the nature of their organization and the values they hold.
Being an Eagle Scout at one time meant something, about one's character, integrity and values.

Should this change take place, the children who do not understand these things and believe accept me as I am with no discipline, no integrity, not character or you are a bad person will pass these values on to future generations.

Basically the Boy Scouts are dead.
Another victim of the intolerant left who cannot abide any organization that is outside their control and agenda.
What do discipline, integrity, or character have to do with ones view of homosexuals? Gay people can be disciplines, have integrity, and have character. Plenty of gay people are completely decent people. Some aren't. Kind of like heterosexuals. Funny how that worked out, huh?

An individual who does not accept someone, simply because they are gay, has no integrity or character whatsoever. They may be disciplined, but being a homosexual is a problem, you better have a good reason for it. And no, the magical sky daddy is not a good reason. It 'makes me uncomfortable' is not a good reason. Someone who dislikes or discriminates against people for arbitrary reasons are petty and weak minded. Disliking a gay person, who happens to be a prick, becuase they are a prick is reasonable. Disliking them because they are gay is not. It is literally unreasonable because it's void of reason.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,213,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJC44 View Post
The BSA does not include religion, politics or sexual identity in their program.
you clearly belonged to a different BSA than I did because we held meetings in churches held church services at camp, and the last item in the Scout Moto was "reverand"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies