Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 09:38 AM

502 posts, read 718,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Do you think there's any truth to this generalisation?

Females, in general, are attracted to guys who have sex with a lot of partners because it's a sign that they are dominant, successful (alpha males who can pass on their genes) BUT, our society tells girls to go for 'good men' who are faithful, as biologists say, 'dads' instead of 'cads.'

Are those women very aware of this paradox? I mean they are, but it goes some way to explain women who flock towards men who are in positions of prestige who have bedded countless women - rock stars, film stars.etc, but then, naively expect that they will be faithful when the ring is on the finger. Not saying they can't be, but it's stupid to think that someone like Wilt Chamberlain will at least be more LIKELY to cheat.

That goes for women, too. Apparently Joan Crawford had literally thousands of lovers, probably one of the most 'impressive' tallies of any female celeb reported (although Marilyn probably gave her a run for her money) and not surprisingly, she, like many of those old Hollywood stars, had dozens of affairs during her marriages. Although women cheat as much, I think the whole paradox applies slightly more to women.

I've often also wondered about the whole 'nice guys make better dads' thing and judging by who these women marry, it's kind of BS. Women often marry the same men they chase after, but don't realise that the very thing that drew them to these men is the thing which makes them more likely to cheat.
What more is there to say? Old as the hills...

Many women wanna fool around with immature "bad boy" types while they're young and hot/desireable. It's been documented. Women don't like to hear it.

Women begin to physically decline in attractiveness after their early 20s and thus become less desireable. It's been documented, women don't like to hear it.

After women start to realize this decline and that they're not gonna be young and desireable for forever, they grow up and settle for a "nice guy" type, husband material. Again, it's been documented. Women tend to agree.

Peak physical attractiveness for women occurs around 16-23 years of age. Peak age for fertility is 16-32. Lots of medical risks start to rise in pregnancies with women 35+. Again, documented, women don't wanna hear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 09:45 AM

73,064 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post

Many women wanna fool around with immature "bad boy" types while they're young and hot/desireable. It's been documented. Women tend to agree.

Women begin to physically decline in attractiveness after their early 20s and thus become less desireable. It's been documented, women don't like to hear it.

After women start to realize this decline and that they're not gonna be young and desireable for forever, they grow up and settle for a "nice guy" type, husband material. Again, it's been documented.

Peak physical attractiveness for women occurs around 16-23 years of age. Peak age for fertility is 16-32. Lots of medical risks start to rise in pregnancies with women 35+. Again, documented, women don't wanna hear it.
I don't agree with all of this.

Like I said before, biology and even human nature might say to go for the strong, alpha male bad boy. However, going above human nature and going for something higher, putting human nature aside, a person will choose someone the smart way.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:09 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,800,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post

Many women wanna fool around with immature "bad boy" types while they're young and hot/desireable. It's been documented. Women don't like to hear it.

After women start to realize this decline and that they're not gonna be young and desireable for forever, they grow up and settle for a "nice guy" type, husband material. Again, it's been documented. Women tend to agree.

Well. I think the best age for ladies is 25-35...

Old 09-04-2012, 10:36 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,077,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Do you think there's any truth to this generalisation?
I think that you have it backwards.

Men are promiscuous out of the biological drive to pass on their genes while women are looking for the best provider to care for their children. Women are attracted to "promiscuous" men only if they find themselves competing against other women over a smaller pool of men. I suspect that most women who are involved with men who they know are in relationships with other women hope to some how win his royalty and commitment, are deluding themselves about his other relationships or flat just don't know. Before women attained some degree of financial independence, wives tolerated infidelity if their wandering husbands maintained support for them and her household.

Don't believe me, then you should watch an episode of Jerry Springer, or Murray Povitch great case studies of biology run amuck. Seriously.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:46 AM

73,064 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

Men are promiscuous out of the biological drive to pass on their genes while women are looking for the best provider to care for their children. Women are attracted to "promiscuous" men only if they find themselves competing against other women over a smaller pool of men. I suspect that most women who are involved with men who they know are in relationships with other women hope to some how win his royalty and commitment, are deluding themselves about his other relationships or flat just don't know. Before women attained some degree of financial independence, wives tolerated infidelity if their wandering husbands maintained support for them and her household.

Don't believe me, then you should watch an episode of Jerry Springer, or Murray Povitch great case studies of biology run amuck. Seriously.
But the difference between us and the animals is that we have the ability to think above that. We have the ability to decide "should I be promiscuous, or should I wait until I'm married, and be faithful?"

We have that ability. What we see on Jerry Springer are people who decide not to use their brain and their heart.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:51 AM

31,083 posts, read 22,117,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

You do know those are all staged

Personally I know of just as many promiscuous women as men. And they mostly go for the promiscuous men.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:59 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,207,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
You've really latched on to that term. It's funny, now.

My story tells of ONE chick who was getting hosed immediately before and after her marriage, by men who were more virile than her husband. Sad, but true, but Oprah stuff, too. Plus, you love the "LA degree" stories and you know it.

Try Burning Man sometime. It's far. But you seem itching to go. "Empowered" women with their breasts out on display in the Nevada Desert as a sign of defiance while being "creative." Oh brother.
It's a sign of defiance to a man who has a hankering to control his environment and other people, but cannot. Trust me, you guys are not important enough to warrant defiance. The point of BA is to show that men and women can have fun, be sexual, playful, and anything under the sun without the shallow stereotypes you guys cling to on this forum.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:06 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,800,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You do know those are all staged

Personally I know of just as many promiscuous women as men. And they mostly go for the promiscuous men.
Amen. Women are as promiscius as men.
Now when people say promiscuous it is often a code for those who are attractive as opposed to those who can't get a date. Promiscous is often a code for sexually succesful.
For instance women often call another women a sl*ut out of jealousy just because she gets asked out and they don't.
Of course women go for promiscuous guys because they proved they are attractive and sexually successfully so they offer a guarantee of a good sexual experience.

Last edited by rebel12; 09-04-2012 at 11:59 AM..

Old 09-04-2012, 11:07 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,297,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
He's a chunkster. Somebody had 10 kids with him?
Spreadin' his seed to help assure his idiocracy genes are continued. A real modern day Genghis Khan there.

LOL, I like the part where he says "I like kids". Not really. He likes making kids, but he gets his cake and gets to eat it too...and by the looks of it, he's eating a lot of cake lately.

He's probably one of those losers who pokes holes in his condom or lies to women that he had a vasectomy. Many Hispanics are Catholic, plus they have assurances they'll be taken care of by the State, so they don't have abortions. Probably gives him wood at night to think they'll be compelled to carry his kid.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:36 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,163,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
First of all, how do you quantify what "biology" tells women to be attracted to? Is there an actual test to legitimately group ALL women to want certain 'alpha' traits? Or is this just a social-misconception?

Because we are all individuals, ya know. Biological sounds like such a huge claim to make without sufficient evidence. And no, I personally would not want to be with someone who is a huge creep on the streets.

Evolution would suggest people want monogamous mates in order to rear children in healthy environments and to prevent STIs. But, you'll hear so many different arguments about it since these debates have an underlying, inherent social-political bias.
Its actually pretty well understood. Men are attracted to hallmarks of fertility and on the same token women tend to be attracted to certain traits in men, namely those which are status related. Much of it traces right back to evolutionary psychology and biology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies