Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 08:53 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Forgot to address this--this can also be the case when the woman is not promiscuous, but also in any situation where the mother's partner is a male who is unrelated to her child/ren. Stepfathers and mothers' long-term boyfriends are also dangerous to children.
We had another example where I live just yesterday. Mom's new lover killed the 11 month old baby because the baby's crying got on his nerves. Mom left with lover boy to dispose of her baby's body, only the baby's father was sad over the loss of the child.

It's the survival of the offspring that gives any evolutionary advantage. Mothers' new lovers and also the mothers themselves are the most dangerous humans to infants and children. Unrelated males in the home or cave would be deadly to the infants and children.

I think that's why there was evolution to mostly patriarchal clans. Infants and children were better off when their own biological male relatives could defend and provide for them and provide for the mothers too during their pregnancies and post birth times.

Also the population wasn't anything close to what it is now -- how many opportunities for many sexual partners were there for the hunter-gatherers -- men or women? They lived in small clans, women would gather berries and tend to infants and children and each other, the males would hunt together. Cooperative hunting and living would also give a survival advantage. A sexual predator coming into the territory of another clan or tribe to rut with the women would also be at risk of being discovered and killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 08:55 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,711 times
Some women are not looking forward to reproduce and do not go for the promiscuous man because of the likelyhood of std's and aids.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:40 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
We had another example where I live just yesterday. Mom's new lover killed the 11 month old baby because the baby's crying got on his nerves. Mom left with lover boy to dispose of her baby's body, only the baby's father was sad over the loss of the child.

It's the survival of the offspring that gives any evolutionary advantage. Mothers' new lovers and also the mothers themselves are the most dangerous humans to infants and children. Unrelated males in the home or cave would be deadly to the infants and children.

I think that's why there was evolution to mostly patriarchal clans. Infants and children were better off when their own biological male relatives could defend and provide for them and provide for the mothers too during their pregnancies and post birth times.

Also the population wasn't anything close to what it is now -- how many opportunities for many sexual partners were there for the hunter-gatherers -- men or women? They lived in small clans, women would gather berries and tend to infants and children and each other, the males would hunt together. Cooperative hunting and living would also give a survival advantage. A sexual predator coming into the territory of another clan or tribe to rut with the women would also be at risk of being discovered and killed.
From one perspective, and in ancient times, being promiscuous may have increased the survival rate of offspring since potentially harmful males would not know the child was not theirs. Of course, this was before the invention of marriage and rights in private property.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
Some women are not looking forward to reproduce and do not go for the promiscuous man because of the likelyhood of std's and aids.
Would women feel the same way, if there were no communicable diseases and they could only get pregnant by Mr. Right?

Old 09-08-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Would women feel the same way, if there were no communicable diseases and they could only get pregnant by Mr. Right?
I do not know, all I can tell you, I do not care for children and a men with a lot of partners scare the heck out of me.

Not looking forward to get an STD or aids. If STD wouldn't exist, I would be less selective; but in my case it has nothing to do with pregnancy. I do not want to get pregnant.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:53 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,621,746 times
trimac get a life

Old 09-08-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I do not know, all I can tell you, I do not care for children and a men with a lot of partners scare the heck out of me.

Not looking forward to get an STD or aids. If STD wouldn't exist, I would be less selective; but in my case it has nothing to do with pregnancy. I do not want to get pregnant.
Why do you believe that most women tend to have higher numbers than many men, if what you claim is true? I don't disagree that it may be true for you, right now.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Why do you believe that most women tend to have higher numbers than many men, if what you claim is true? I don't disagree that it may be true for you, right now.
I do not if that is a fact, but if it is is because it is easier for women to have sex if so she wishes.

A man, not so easy

I never wanted to get pregnant. Not really into children or motherhood

Old 09-08-2012, 11:20 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Ahem...

Marilyn Monroe Was Skinny « Chateau Heartiste

Marilyn Monroe era women were tiny. Don't buy the revisionist fat acceptance bs the media is trying to sell you.
If you look at the models from that era you'll se they have thighs and other curves and do not resemble coat hangers we see on billboad today.
I am not advocating obesity here, don't get me wrong, but instead real curves and a little bit of "cushion" here and there. It's all in proportions.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:33 AM

221 posts, read 282,863 times
Quote:

If I were single, in the situation I am now (lots of male friends), on the Pill as I am now, (married, but do not want to get pregnant, ever) and could not get an STD, I might consider "friends with benefits" with any interested male friend. Having sex with men I did not know would skeeve me out under any circumstances. I can't imagine being in a position like that with a complete stranger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies