Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 11:57 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
let me correct that for you champ
Was that Cinderfella story your step pappy read to you when you were a kid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 11:57 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
First of all, how do you quantify what "biology" tells women to be attracted to? Is there an actual test to legitimately group ALL women to want certain 'alpha' traits? Or is this just a social-misconception?

Because we are all individuals, ya know. Biological sounds like such a huge claim to make without sufficient evidence. And no, I personally would not want to be with someone who is a huge creep on the streets.

Evolution would suggest people want monogamous mates in order to rear children in healthy environments and to prevent STIs. But, you'll hear so many different arguments about it since these debates have an underlying, inherent social-political bias.
Not at all. Even though we have personalities certain psychological laws are universal. The same with biology. It doesn't make exceptions. Maybe for gays?

Anyway biology tells you to mate and find a mate with best gene set available and then somebody to provide for your offspring - not necessarily the same person which is evident when you see thr diviorce rates nowadays. Then the cycle repeats.

That's when you are a women.

If you are a man our biology tells us to mate with best available gene set of which definition changes from century to century.

Of course as humans we all rationalise our subconscious choices and have a incredible ability to deny our needs (denial) or sublimate them. Men usually sublimate their needs to mate with many partners to aggression (wars) or a career (workoholics). Women buy clothes for the same reason.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:11 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Just lends credence to the "bad boy" thing.

Best story I know of: a chick in undergrad, a 9, was waiting it out in college, engaged to her studious, slightly older fiance, about a 6, who was done with school.

While engaged during college, she was having sex with one of the more popular fraternity guys. While a new mom just after college, she was having sex with surfers on the street while the kids were in cribs and her husband was at work.

Alpha > Beta

I knew her during high school, actually, and she was very attractive. However, despite finding it impossible to respect her, her "stories" were always interesting, to say the least, and she was an "open book."

Again, Alpha > Beta.

It's the law of the jungle.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:16 AM

I'm combining posts from various threads here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Not at all. Even though we have personalities certain psychological laws are universal. The same with biology. It doesn't make exceptions. Maybe for gays?

Anyway biology tells you to mate and find a mate with best gene set available and then somebody to provide for your offspring - not necessarily the same person which is evident when you see thr diviorce rates nowadays. Then the cycle repeats.

That's when you are a women.

If you are a man our biology tells us to mate with best available gene set of which definition changes from century to century.

Of course as humans we all rationalise our subconscious choices and have a incredible ability to deny our needs (denial) or sublimate them. Men usually sublimate their needs to mate with many partners to aggression (wars) or a career (workoholics). Women buy clothes for the same reason.
First of all it's not "a women". It's either women, several women, many women or it's a woman. "A" does not go before a plural. "A" always precedes "woman", never women. College or no, any person that can write should understand this and it's a constant on this forum and it's not a typo. Second, I don't think you or any other guy in this thread has ever studied biology, genetics, or psychology to offer up crack pot evo-psych let alone a reasonable evo-psych hypothesis (there are no theories in evo-psych).

But prey tell, which specific genes are you speaking of, on which locus, that result in what phenotypes due to what environmental pressures? Let's see the low down on the actual biology here. Given that none of you have the wherewithal to begin to explain what biology even means I'm not sure how you guys are subsequently in a position to state which women want what guy and when due to physiology. And really, there are no reasons to guess. The data is collected regularly and published in census and various journals.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:22 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Biology does say to go after the promiscuous men. However, biology does not take into account human nature. I feel that in this society saying that women should go after a better man that than that has alot to do with the Christian faith, which I feel addresses human nature. Humans and animals have biology. That is a given. However, we humans have the ability to think for ourselves, on a much higher level. We live to do more than just reproduce. For animals, reproduction is about increasing numbers. For human beings, I feel it is about more than extending the human race. It is about passing on something valuable. We humans might be wired to go with what biology says. However, we humans can also think for ourselves, which can supercede biology. Looking beyond our human nature helps too. Biology can say "be promiscuous" and spread your seed around. Human nature can say "be promiscuous and have a good time". Going higher and putting human nature aside says "be faithful, one man for one woman". That is just the way I see it.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Oh yea, if I could have just spent my 20s online b*tching about the opposite sex. I missed out.
Who's bitching?

Women are great. You just need proper approach.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm combining posts from various threads here.

First of all it's not "a women". It's either women, several women, many women or it's a woman. "A" does not go before a plural. "A" always precedes "woman", never women. College or no, any person that can write should understand this and it's a constant on this forum and it's not a typo. Second, I don't think you or any other guy in this thread has ever studied biology, genetics, or psychology to offer up crack pot evo-psych let alone a reasonable evo-psych hypothesis (there are no theories in evo-psych).

But prey tell, which specific genes are you speaking of, on which locus, that result in what phenotypes due to what environmental pressures? Let's see the low down on the actual biology here. Given that none of you have the wherewithal to begin to explain what biology even means I'm not sure how you guys are subsequently in a position to state which women want what guy and when due to physiology. And really, there are no reasons to guess. The data is collected regularly and published in census and various journals.
We observe. We see thousands of good looking women throwing themselves on pop and sports stars knowing very well how promiscuous they are and we learn.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:33 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
We observe. We see thousands of good looking women throwing themselves on pop and sports stars knowing very well how promiscuous they are and we learn.

I can't rep this post enough.

You guys should google, 'ask an anonymous PR guy'. It's a current PR rep for several athletes and he answers questions, mostly about athletes and females.

Pretty disturbing.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:39 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,858 times
The OP was spot on.

Most women go for a man that has good breeding potential - aka, bad boy.

This is all down to evolution.

The laughable thing is that society tries to cover it up, and the feminists can't stand it!

Old 09-04-2012, 12:51 AM

Quote:
We observe. You're reminding me of Golem (lord of the rings) and precious. But, so what if you observe <.0001% of the female global population throwing themselves at pop and sports stars. There are billions of women on this planet and a million trips that go with it. There are thousands of good looking men who are homosexual. Does that mean all men are homosexuals? There are thousands of good looking men (and women) in prison, on drugs, living in their mother's basements, curing cancer, creating art, getting married and having kids, stealing, beating, praying to their Gods, volunteering, etc. A certain kind of woman goes for one of these sport guys or pop misogynistic rappers. If that's the kind of woman you are attracted to and want I'm not sure why you are going to complain about who they are.

Do yourself a favor and go here next year (2012 is happening as we speak right now. As we waste precious time, these people are living). There are lots of pretty girls, lots of sex, and no pop stars. If anybody needs it, it's you people.

Oh, the Places You'll Go at Burning Man! (OFFICIAL) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies