Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 02:40 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,841,664 times

Advertisements

it's natural for men to look for 'seed-sowing' opportunities, thus ogling women is fine.

in fact, you wouldn't be much of a man if you did not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,799,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
women don't need to encourage them to act like farm animals, it is what it is.

women look at men everyday and most of us somehow manage to act halfway decent in public. You can't look at a short skirt and a boob job, that's again, your personal problem.

I'll sign you up with the rest of the 'i can't control myself, it's all women's fault' group though. What else is new, very typical indeed.
So conceited. Women walk around with boobs almost out and short skirts and accuse we men of acting like farm animals
Its not that I don't enjoy the view but you could just acknowledge the fact that women create this atmosphere in the first place. Nobody is forcing to dress like this. Don't pretend you don't like the attention and "farm animals"

Old 09-04-2012, 03:26 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,799,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I think despite our best attempts, we'll never TRULY understand it from the other's POV. We are, I'm sad to say, wired differently at the end of the day.

I wasn't talking about all women, maybe not even the vast majority, but a fair majority. Let's say the 'typical female' (as offensive as that may sound). Now let's just focus in on this group, whatever the percentage. All I'm saying is that they're attracted to A, but A causes them to be unhappy. Probably is the same for men who chase after hot 'gold-diggers' or women who nag too much or anything really.
What if, trimac, what if they are not as unhappy as they want you to think they are
They know very well what they want but they'll never admit it

Old 09-04-2012, 05:40 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
So conceited. Women walk around with boobs almost out and short skirts and accuse we men of acting like farm animals
Its not that I don't enjoy the view but you could just acknowledge the fact that women create this atmosphere in the first place. Nobody is forcing to dress like this. Don't pretend you don't like the attention and "farm animals"
I see many men AND women acting like 'animals' because at the end of the day that's what we are. Accusing most men of acting like farm animals is prudishly self-delusional.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:22 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Why do you keep addressing her as "You" suggesting that she's responsible for the behavior of other women? She's not.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:35 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times
You have 3 types of men:

"Nicey-nice" = No backbone

"Bad Boy"= Spice of life..but can be a handful of trouble..

"Good Guy"= The one women "should" want. He is likely filled with morals and less likely to cheat. He takes personal responsibility for his actions and "holds his own" in life.

If a women sleeps with a "male-sleep-around-type" she opens herself up to alot of problems and unless she is just a ONS then she needs to steer clear of the guy who can't keep his pants zipped up around other women...

Old 09-04-2012, 06:36 AM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Do you think there's any truth to this generalisation?

Females, in general, are attracted to guys who have sex with a lot of partners because it's a sign that they are dominant, successful (alpha males who can pass on their genes) BUT, our society tells girls to go for 'good men' who are faithful, as biologists say, 'dads' instead of 'cads.'

Are those women very aware of this paradox? I mean they are, but it goes some way to explain women who flock towards men who are in positions of prestige who have bedded countless women - rock stars, film stars.etc, but then, naively expect that they will be faithful when the ring is on the finger. Not saying they can't be, but it's stupid to think that someone like Wilt Chamberlain will at least be more LIKELY to cheat.

That goes for women, too. Apparently Joan Crawford had literally thousands of lovers, probably one of the most 'impressive' tallies of any female celeb reported (although Marilyn probably gave her a run for her money) and not surprisingly, she, like many of those old Hollywood stars, had dozens of affairs during her marriages. Although women cheat as much, I think the whole paradox applies slightly more to women.

I've often also wondered about the whole 'nice guys make better dads' thing and judging by who these women marry, it's kind of BS. Women often marry the same men they chase after, but don't realise that the very thing that drew them to these men is the thing which makes them more likely to cheat.

I have told my boys-

The attraction of a man under 30 is the size of his biceps; over 30, it is the size of his wallet.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:44 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,405,624 times
Can somebody link me to scientific studies/research that backs up the OP's and other posters' assertions?

Old 09-04-2012, 07:00 AM

629 posts, read 946,651 times
Jared Diamond in _Why is Sex Fun_ (worth reading for anyone interested in human & animal sexuality) observed that humans are serially monogamous, occasionally adulterous, and occasionally polygamous. Other interesting books on the topic include _Mother Nature_ by Sarah Hrdy and _Sex at Dawn_ by Ryan and Jetha. Be prepared for a long but interesting slog

A male with lots of female partners is either polygamous and adulterous. This is an occasional pattern. People will fall in and out of it in life. Statistically, as far as we know, more than half of married people are faithful to their partners while they are married.

Female reproductive strategy is to keep a reliable male around to help rear the children. This strategy does not involve promiscuous men, and promiscuous men are often ejected from such marriages ("she divorced him because he cheated"). However, females also want to attract mates who control a lot of resources, and males who control such resources have more opportunity to be promiscuous. So do males who are extremely attractive. Some minority of women may cheat on their mates with such men, keeping the human genetic mix interesting (and "hot", I guess), but the majority of wives are faithful to their marriages.

Women and men who are not intending to reproduce at this particular stage in their lives and are not married may behave differently than those on the reproductive track.

Also remember that people tend to pair up with other people of their attractiveness and intelligence level. Average-or-less attractive females (most of them by definition) aren't going to be interested in men who are extraordinarily attractive (and vice versa); they may drool but they generally don't even try. Same for men. You do get these odd pairings where a wealthy but unattractive man attracts a beautiful woman, but more often you get a couple pairing like Bill and Melinda Gates (average or less attractiveness, extremely intelligent).

Remember that extremely "hot," wealthy, and promiscuous people will stand out more than average dumpy people (most of us) going about their business, so there is probably some observation bias present.

I have personally never found promiscuous men attractive, as I like my partner to be exclusive to me and promiscuous people by definition don't do that.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:27 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Can somebody link me to scientific studies/research that backs up the OP's and other posters' assertions?
The best these guys typically cite are blogs. From time to time I've seen news polls showing that women prefer well dressed men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies