Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Status: "Democracies tend to decline into despotism. (Aristotle)" (set 21 hours ago)

16,223 posts, read 11,435,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The definition of hate speech is a matter of law, not individual opinion, in case you missed the memo.
Law is suppposed to be formulated upon consistent precedent; that's why the Founding Fathers made it so hard to tamper with the Constitution by constantly amending it. The "logic" I'm attempting to refute is merely that of a gang of force-minded individuals who seek to twist the "law" to whatever suits their purposes at the moment.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-20-2012 at 01:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 01:37 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,505,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Where do you live? Do your neighbors and co-workers make the comments you make in public????????
I live in PG County, MD. You'd be surprised how many Blacks are fed up with the African- American community even other African-Americans. In fact I've been mildly shocked in regards to some of the things I've heard at various social gatherings of predominantly educated African-Americans. They sound like card carrying member of the GOP, although few would actually pull the lever for them.

My sentiments I post are often shared by many immigrant Blacks and their children as well.

I've even had white co-workers comment on the differences between Africans and African-Americans once they find out my background.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:37 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,334,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
These things are tolerated by the MSM
What do you care what the MSM thinks or tolerates.

If you believe in something have the cajones to say it. Be a man.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:46 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,265,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Hate speech is illegal. So are the incitements to violence that occasionally pop up here. Fear not, a watchful eye is being maintained on the illegal speech on the forum.
wrong

Hate speech is not illegal in the US (yet).
What I have been wondering is why are there so damn many random, violent and totally unprovoked attacks on white people by black people. That seems to be a more pressing issue in my mind.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:51 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,335,102 times
It is a lot easier to express negative feelings towards certain groups online due to anonymity. In this stupid PC society that we live in, where this tolerance and diversity BS is shoved down our throats, I don't blame people for feeling "safer" online.

I have lost a job once for using a racial epithet toward a Black customer and if being fired meant "learning a lesson", I did not learn any lesson from the experience, because the person acted in a very ignorant fashion.

Am I racist? Absolutely not but I definitely have preconceived notions about Blacks and Hispanics that are mostly based on truth and personal experiences

BTW, I am a "minority" although I hate this term. Truth is, in order for people to be respected, they need to respect themselves FIRST and I am not seeing a lot of positive things coming from these two groups lately.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:52 PM

749 posts, read 842,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
wrong

Hate speech is not illegal in the US (yet).
What I have been wondering is why are there so damn many random, violent and totally unprovoked attacks on white people by black people. That seems to be a more pressing issue in my mind.
But SK500.....didn't you know? That's in lieu of reparations.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Status: "Democracies tend to decline into despotism. (Aristotle)" (set 21 hours ago)

16,223 posts, read 11,435,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
But SK500.....didn't you know? That's in lieu of reparations.
And if you try to collect your "reparations" on someone else's lawful property, then hopefullly, that someone will be ready to "stand his (lawful) ground".

Old 05-20-2012, 02:10 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,399,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What area do you live in? Frankly since liberals such as yourself have instituted a statist climate in regards to race, folks are scared to say anything that deviates from the PC ideology deemed acceptable by the mainstream media. So they turn to the internet to vent. This is actually more dangerous and has the potential to explode in bloody fashion as we've recently seen in Norway. It's best to have an open airing of ideas and challenge arguments on the merits as opposed to simply silencing debate.

I mean as we type the FBI is desperately trying to find a way to charge a man with hate crime charges in a killing that by all accounts had little to do with race. The evidence the FBI is relying on? Inflammatory comments he may have made in the past and under his breath during a 911 call.

Here's a rundown of commentators in recent years who have lost their livlihoods running foul of PC liberals such as yourself.

Please share this article by using the link below. When you cut and paste an article, Taki's Magazine misses out on traffic, and our writers don't get paid for their work. Email editors@takimag.com to buy additional rights. The PC Gods Must Be Crazy - Taki's Magazine

It's a good thing that "PC" social pressure exists. Otherwise, bigots and racists would get away with a whole lot more in regards to expressing their hateful, ignorant views.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:16 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,631,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Sure I've heard people make comments about minorities, but it's nowhere near the anger and frequency that I see it online.

Are the people who post online a small minority or is it that I just happen to live in an area that doesn't have bad feelings towards minorities? The few times I do hear it in person the speaker usually gets called out on it, not always, but most of the times. Is my area more politically correct?
Anonymity has its rewards for some....

Just think, a loser in a trailer can pretend to be the Prince of Ghana

Old 05-20-2012, 02:18 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,399,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
It is a lot easier to express negative feelings towards certain groups online due to anonymity. In this stupid PC society that we live in, where this tolerance and diversity BS is shoved down our throats, I don't blame people for feeling "safer" online.

I have lost a job once for using a racial epithet toward a Black customer and if being fired meant "learning a lesson", I did not learn any lesson from the experience, because the person acted in a very ignorant fashion.

Am I racist? Absolutely not but I definitely have preconceived notions about Blacks and Hispanics that are mostly based on truth and personal experiences

BTW, I am a "minority" although I hate this term. Truth is, in order for people to be respected, they need to respect themselves FIRST and I am not seeing a lot of positive things coming from these two groups lately.
There's a good reason you were fired from that job, and you sure as hell know what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies