Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 01:26 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What area do you live in? Frankly since liberals such as yourself have instituted a statist climate in regards to race, folks are scared to say anything that deviates from the PC ideology deemed acceptable by the mainstream media. So they turn to the internet to vent.
Those folks sound like cowards. If you believe in something say it.

I was protesting the first Iraq war when the vast majority of Americans were waving yellow ribbons. I was called a SOB, traitor, Communist, etc... It didn't stop me from speaking my mind and protesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 01:27 PM

102,225 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Your screen name says it all .... you have decided to appoint yourself and a few of those whom you decide fit your values as the New Elite .... and anyone who would dare to challenge you is guilty of "hate speech".
The definition of hate speech is a matter of law, not individual opinion, in case you missed the memo.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:27 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I live in a big city and a professor once mentioned to me that we (Chicagoans) live in a bubble. He said that what we consider offensive or backwards, other areas of the US find acceptable. So I'm not sure if this is true or not. There are some circles in Chicago where you can make openly racist comments, but they are rare, for the most part people will call you out on it.
Chicago, is that the same city MLK, deemed the most racist than anything he seen in the South? That Chicago? The Chicago where Black flash mobs were terrorizing whites last year and will most likely do the same this year. That Chicago?
Quote:
On this muggy Friday afternoon, Martin Luther King Jr. stepped out of the car that had ferried him to Marquette Park on Chicago's Southwest Side to lead a march of about 700 people. The civil-rights leader and his supporters were in the white ethnic enclave to protest housing segregation. Thousands of jeering, taunting whites had gathered. The mood was ominous. One placard read: "King would look good with a knife in his back."

As King marched, someone hurled a stone. It struck King on the head. Stunned, he fell to one knee. He stayed on the ground for several seconds. As he rose, aides and bodyguards surrounded him to protect him from the rocks, bottles and firecrackers that rained down on the demonstrators. King was one of 30 people who were injured; the disturbance resulted in 40 arrests. He later explained why he put himself at risk: "I have to do this--to expose myself--to bring this hate into the open." He had done that before, but Chicago was different. "I have seen many demonstrations in the South, but I have never seen anything so hostile and so hateful as I've seen here today," he said.
Are you referring to the same Chicago described as the most segregated big city in America?

Chicago Most Segregated City In America, Despite Significant Improvements In Last Decade

Quote:
The results of a Census data study conducted by the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research revealed that segregation in urban areas has gone down nationwide, with Chicago experiencing the second-largest declines. But the study, titled "The End of the Segregated Century," also found that Chicago remains the most racially segregated city in the country.
Once again white liberals preach diversity from their lofty secure perches away from Blacks while simultaneously condemning anyone outside of their group for doing the same,

Old 05-20-2012, 01:28 PM

749 posts, read 839,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Hate speech is illegal. So are the incitements to violence that occasionally pop up here. Fear not, a watchful eye is being maintained on the illegal speech on the forum.
Some education for Miss Truth...

"In the United States, hate speech is legal (except for obscenity, defamation, incitement to riot, and fighting words). Laws prohibiting hate speech are unconstitutional in the United States; the United States federal government and state governments are broadly forbidden by the First Amendment of the Constitution from restricting speech."

Google away Ruth....

Old 05-20-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Hate speech is illegal. So are the incitements to violence that occasionally pop up here. Fear not, a watchful eye is being maintained on the illegal speech on the forum.
I think you are confusing the USA with France or something. Hate speech is protected speech. However inciting a mob is not. There is a difference.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:30 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Silencing debate? I hardly call 100 men in white sheets having a rally in a park about hating minorities a debate.
And once you've silenced the hatemongers, you'll be back for the people whose religion you view as too strident.

And after that, the people whose foibles encroach upon the environmental manifesto you've deemed proper

And then, the people whose lawful property you think could be put to better use under your standards.

And so on, and so on, and so on ........

Old 05-20-2012, 01:32 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What area do you live in?
Where do you live? Do your neighbors and co-workers make the comments you make in public????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Those folks sound like cowards. If you believe in something say it.

I was protesting the first Iraq war when the vast majority of Americans were waving yellow ribbons. I was called a SOB, traitor, Communist, etc... It didn't stop me from speaking my mind and protesting.
These things are tolerated by the MSM. All hell would break loose if someone fired you because they thought you were a communist. The media wuold scream McCarthyism!!

The MSM does not tolerate any criticism of certain minorities namely (Jews, African Americans, gays and Hispanics coincidentally though Asians and White Southerners appear to be fair game) you will lose your job and livelihood. Most people aren't martyrs.

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
The GOP, the grand "Party of Lincoln"! I'm sure he's turning in his grave.
See, if hate speach was illegal, what you just said would find yourself in jail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
We all know how much the Republicans want slavery back.
More hate.. No surprise its all lefties putting their hate on display. I'm sure Ruth will support your right to hate, but then say others should be in jail.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
beats me im neither, .
what i never see on CDF is AA anti latino sentiment or visa versa---- except in the 6 oclock news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies